Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

CaminoRacer

Kentucky is based on purchase value or book value. They think the El Camino is worth $700 or something like that :lol:

I don't know what Utah is based on but I don't like it.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CALL_911

What do you guys think of a 2016 340i xDrive with a 6MT as a DD? 

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 13, 2019, 06:34:50 AM
What do you guys think of a 2016 340i xDrive with a 6MT as a DD?
I think it has a lot of potential, but it will take some work and a good extended warranty.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

12,000 RPM

So I put the coilovers on. Pros... it looks really good. Cons... everything else :facepalm: Spring rates are too high and the damping is terrible. Going to return them, try lowering springs/shocks and if those are shit just go back to stock.

Sidebar, drove wifey's car to work today (she is out of town)... the fun gap between her car and mine is very small. I think for my next car I might honestly get something like a Camry Hybrid and leave it alone. What is happening to me :facepalm:

CaminoRacer

CaminoRacer

Does anyone make monotube sport shocks for those?

Laconian

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 13, 2019, 10:43:59 AM
So I put the coilovers on. Pros... it looks really good. Cons... everything else :facepalm: Spring rates are too high and the damping is terrible. Going to return them, try lowering springs/shocks and if those are shit just go back to stock.

Sidebar, drove wifey's car to work today (she is out of town)... the fun gap between her car and mine is very small. I think for my next car I might honestly get something like a Camry Hybrid and leave it alone. What is happening to me :facepalm:

Get a Mazder 6 turbo.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BimmerM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 13, 2019, 10:43:59 AM
I think for my next car I might honestly get something like a Camry Hybrid and leave it alone.

I'll believe it when I see it. :lol:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Laconian on March 13, 2019, 10:55:30 AM
Get a Mazder 6 turbo.
That and the GTI are contenders for next time. Hell, if the base 2.5 can cruise at 85 or so w/o fuss that would be enough. Only cars I can think of that I would actually want to own + daily + not touch. (Ironically they both have really good aftermarket support though ;) ) I think I need a dedicated project + track toy.

r0tor

Your just too emotionally attached to poor mods
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Imagine a Camry Hybrid with coilovers and R compounds, blowing away Corvetted on offramps
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 13, 2019, 01:13:54 PM
Imagine a Camry Hybrid with coilovers and R compounds, blowing away Corvetted on offramps
:nono:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

2o6

I drove a manual 1st Gen CX-5 about two days ago, and I don't understand the internet's obsession with the CX-5. It feels big. It's just a house where you can change your own gears.

12,000 RPM

Every time I see a CX-5, it's being driven aggressively. Those who get it... get it :lol:

giant_mtb

My brother has a CX-5. I have not driven it. Seems nice enough.

#coolstorybro

BimmerM3

I haven't driven one, but I wouldn't be surprised if people's judgement is clouded by the fact that it looks pretty great for a CUV.

Laconian

They look absolutely amazing with the mica paints.

cawimmer430

Cool.

Stan The Robot Will Park Your Car For You At France's Lyon Airport

If a technology by a company called Stanley Robotics takes off, you may never have to worry about airport parking lots again.

What the company has done is developed an outdoor automated robotic valet system and recently introduced it for the first time at the Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport in France.

The valet system revolves around a unique robot dubbed 'Stan'. The robot features a large bed that stretches out from the front, slides beneath a vehicle and lifts it off the ground. It then moves the vehicle into a free parking space.

To use the robotic valet system, users simply drive their vehicle into a dedicated cabin, make a parking reservation and leave their vehicle. Stan will then arrive and whisk away the car to an appropriate parking space. The system will park the car depending on how long it needs to be stored there. For example, if a user needs their car parked for a few months, Stan will take it to the corner of the parking lot and park other cars that will leave earlier much closer.

For added convenience, Stan will make your vehicle accessible shortly before your flight lands at the airport.

As part of the roll-out in Lyon, Stanley Robotics will have 500 parking spaces it can use and will deploy four robots, which will continually shuffle around vehicles. There are plans in place to expand the system in Lyon to 6,000 spaces.

In January, it was announced that London's Gatwick airport would soon start experimenting with the same parking system.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4bgiMP_WfM

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/stan-the-robot-will-park-your-car-for-you-at-frances-lyon-airport/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

HurricaneSteve

To be fair the 2.0L was never a good match for the CX-5 but also quite a few CUV's will feel big because they are.

Quote from: 2o6 on March 13, 2019, 04:55:04 PM
I drove a manual 1st Gen CX-5 about two days ago, and I don't understand the internet's obsession with the CX-5. It feels big. It's just a house where you can change your own gears.

CaminoRacer

93JC

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

Laconian

Deck chairs on the Titanic. This is seriously not a problem worth fixing.

Eye of the Tiger

12,000 RPM

Its not like the Titanic

GM is bombing its own ship

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 17, 2019, 07:26:21 PM
Dakota shall now be known as the 197.

The numbering scheme is in Newton meters. Which makes it even crazier, because Cadillac basically only sells in US and only pretends to sell abroad in Metric markets.

My Miata would be 200. Surely your Dakota produces more Isaac Newtons than my lil' peniscar.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on March 17, 2019, 07:31:53 PM
The numbering scheme is in Newton meters. Which makes it even crazier, because Cadillac basically only sells in US and only pretends to sell abroad in Metric markets.

My Miata would be 200. Surely your Dakota produces more Isaac Newtons than my lil' peniscar.

Yeah, no ... Dakota only makes 145 #/ft ... so 197 newts. Dakota penis is vry sml.  :lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Laconian on March 17, 2019, 07:31:53 PM
:hesaid:

Laconian

But it must surely rev very high, then, so that it can produce enough horsepower to move all that weight.

Oh wait

It's probably just super sl0w.