The Official MX-5 Miata Thread

Started by Onslaught, September 09, 2010, 01:35:50 PM

AutobahnSHO

On the way home I came around the penultimate corner/light behind a grey ND which was a grey ND RF. :rockon:
Half-mile Miata parade!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Even though it was only in the 40s I don't have the top up unless it's raining/ super super cold. But their tops were up! :mask:
Will

Laconian

Eh, RFs are dead sexy with the top up. Buttresses for days.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on February 21, 2020, 02:29:11 AM

They really are.  :(  They don't fit me though I don't think.  I've sat in them in at a dealer, but haven't driven one.  There's maybe 2" more of headroom in the soft top.

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

I have about 1.5" of clearance above my head. If I don't comb my hair I can feel it brush the roof. Buying the car sight unseen was ballsy :P

MrH

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FoMoJo

The only Miata I sat in had the top of the windshield aligned with my eyes.  I don't know if the seat could be lowered more, but I'd have to crouch to drive it the way it was.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

If I could fit in an RF I'd own one right now. It has the leg room but it's impossible for me to fit in it with the top up.  I'm 6"4' and not in my 20's anymore. My body no longer bends like it did.
bah weep granah weep nini bon

CaminoRacer

I sat in an RF at the dealership a couple years ago. I remember fitting fine, but if I wore a helmet for autox/track day it might not fit.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 21, 2020, 10:24:32 AM
I sat in an RF at the dealership a couple years ago. I remember fitting fine, but if I wore a helmet for autox/track day it might not fit.
Unfortunately, age makes a difference, especially to the larger than average.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on February 21, 2020, 02:29:11 AM

Oh, I love buttressesseses :wub:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 21, 2020, 10:29:17 AM
Unfortunately, age makes a difference, especially to the larger than average.

Well I assume I'll shrink an inch or two as I age so the headroom would improve :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 21, 2020, 10:37:38 AM
Well I assume I'll shrink an inch or two as I age so the headroom would improve :lol:
I can't imagine now how I used to slide into and out of an Austin Healey Sprite way back then, but if I tried now, I'm pretty sure something would have to break before I was able to fit; in spite of shrinkage. :(

Laconian

shp4man

LOL. I'm 5'9", so I fit. The so called "sun visors" in the car are, for all intents and purposes, useless, though. The NC has an adjustable height seat and mine's as low as it'll go.

MrH

Quote from: Onslaught on February 21, 2020, 10:03:21 AM
If I could fit in an RF I'd own one right now. It has the leg room but it's impossible for me to fit in it with the top up.  I'm 6"4' and not in my 20's anymore. My body no longer bends like it did.

I'm 6'2" and can't do it.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 21, 2020, 10:24:32 AM

I'm shocked you fit.  Zero chance with a helmet.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on February 21, 2020, 12:30:14 PM
butts

butts

(furry butt removed by Laconian)

shp4man

:wub:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on February 22, 2020, 03:55:03 PM

sooooooo sexy!
Will

AutobahnSHO

I'm 5'9" too.   I use the visors every once in a while- baseball cap and sunglasses lots more!
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on February 22, 2020, 03:55:03 PM

Now that looks real nice.  Has the wife come around yet?

Laconian

Laconian

That's a good looking Miata. The perfect car for Sandy Eggo's climate.

AutobahnSHO

Sunday drive!

Turned off RaCeCaHr mode and enjoyed some roads we haven't seen before.
Will

shp4man

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 22, 2020, 09:29:49 PM
Now that looks real nice.  Has the wife come around yet?

She's adjusting right now... :muffin:

AutobahnSHO

Will

shp4man

It's a sports car! No, it's an economy car! No. it's a sports car!  :lol:

On 91 octane fuel and with 0-20W synthetic oil:

Next oil change will be 5W-20, though. The higher octane fuel allows more timing, more efficiency. At least that's what I tell myself. It's actually more power, more fun.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on February 27, 2020, 09:08:02 AM
It's a sports car! No, it's an economy car! No. it's a sports car!  :lol:

On 91 octane fuel and with 0-20W synthetic oil:

Next oil change will be 5W-20, though. The higher octane fuel allows more timing, more efficiency. At least that's what I tell myself. It's actually more power, more fun.

Isn't it hot down there? You should be running 50-weight. :muffin:

Speed_Racer

Yeah my dad was getting about 30mpg on his NC. It's surprisingly economical!

Soup DeVille

I mean, its a little car with a relatively small engine- it shouldn't be surprising it gets decent mileage.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

I could get 30 mpg in my 6 cylinder BMW on the highway so a Miata should definitely be able to.