Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

Will

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

shp4man

Put the top down, went for cruise in the curvies today. Nice! I have to say, I'm really impressed with Mazda's programming of the automatic transmission. Very well engineered car all around.  :ohyeah:

Laconian

Now you're wishing you had drank the fruity Kool Aid sooner l.

shp4man

You don't have to slow down for right turns if the light's green. It'll whip right around a 90 degree turn at 45 MPH.  :lol:

Laconian

Quote from: shp4man on March 01, 2020, 10:38:05 AM
You don't have to slow down for right turns if the light's green. It'll whip right around a 90 degree turn at 45 MPH.  :lol:

Yep, it can handle corners at double the advised speed. Do you have the LSD on yours?

shp4man

Quote from: Laconian on March 01, 2020, 01:30:52 PM
Yep, it can handle corners at double the advised speed. Do you have the LSD on yours?

Nope. Automatics don't get that. It could be added.

AutobahnSHO

Yessir!  :lol:

I've broken the back end loose quite a lot- sometimes on purpose....  :mask:
Will

Laconian

Gotta watch out for pedestrians!

AutobahnSHO

I embarrassed myself a bit. Left two turn lanes. I'm on the right-outside one. Guy next to me kept creeping like he was impatient. So when it hit green I gunned it. Shifting into 3rd broke the rear loose and had to correct but I went a couple feet into his lane, lucky he was behind me. But the other people all kept their distance.

So embarrassing. I didn't think that would happen in 3rd but I guess cold tires? (40s) Plus driving really aggressively.

I'll be more careful.

I read about someone here in the area who totalled theirs into a guardrail a few weeks back. No snow or ice involved.  :confused:
Will

Laconian

You broke the rear end loose in third? What's your treadwear situation?

giant_mtb

I sense some exaggeration here. Miatas don't break loose in 3rd. lol

Laconian

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 14, 2020, 01:38:03 PM

Unless your rear tires are basically bald..

giant_mtb

Quote from: Laconian on March 14, 2020, 01:40:20 PM
Unless your rear tires are basically bald..

Or there is snow on the ground. Which I experience daily 5 months a year.

shp4man

Seven plastic groceries bags. That's the NC's trunk capacity. Just got back from the store- wife's Fusion had a flat, raining, so pickup was a no go.
It's a sports car! It's an economy car! It's a grocery getter!  :lol:

Laconian

Quote from: shp4man on March 14, 2020, 03:28:23 PM
Seven plastic groceries bags. That's the NC's trunk capacity. Just got back from the store- wife's Fusion had a flat, raining, so pickup was a no go.

It's amazing how much the trunk can take. Just goes to show how lazy people have gotten with their cars. Gotta find space for an infant seat and four groceries = THREE ROW SUBURBAN

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on March 14, 2020, 01:24:27 PM
You broke the rear end loose in third? What's your treadwear situation?
Quote from: giant_mtb on March 14, 2020, 01:38:03 PM

I've definitely lost traction in third, tires are quite good wear wise but not sticky. All seasons.

It might have been second but still it was embarrassing. And a bit scary! I wasn't intending it.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on March 14, 2020, 03:28:23 PM

Yup!

There is a huge amount of sidewalk in front of the base grocery store. I was very amused to see a very very old couple loading groceries into a Miata which was very deep up the sidewalk...
Will

AutobahnSHO

BTW when I say broke lose it's still low speed driving but shall turns..
Will

Payman

Took her out for a fresh change of Castrol GTX High Mileage, a new air filter, and a wash.  :wub:

AutobahnSHO

So I modified Scrappy today.

I put in the slim sub I had in the minivan we're selling- it fits in the passenger footwell under the carpet, takes about 3-4 inches of legroom away and isn't noticeable. It Doesn't "boom" but adds some depth to the sound.
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Powered+Subwoofer/TS-WH500A

Surprising amount of sound for so little power.

While I was hacking, I put in a switch to the antenna line. I listen to CDs of MP3s usually, I hate the commercial to music ratio on radio. So it's pointless for the antenna to go up every time I turn the car on. (Some stereos only raise the antenna when the radio is on but this one doesn't.) So now the antenna stays down unless I flip the toggle to "on". I had to cut a 1/2" hole in the console next to the radio near the mirror switch.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

In the old truck? :lol:

shp4man

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 02, 2020, 10:05:04 AM
In the old truck? :lol:

The truck doesn't have roll bars. It would probably roll, however. Onto it's top.   :muffin:

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on April 02, 2020, 10:34:04 AM
The truck doesn't have roll bars. It would probably roll, however. Onto it's top.   :muffin:
That would be even more fun. :ohyeah:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

Had a nice 60mi romp. Average consumption: 38mpg. Hooray for summer gas!