Driven Today!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 20, 2007, 01:43:23 PM

TheIntrepid

A complement to the "Spotted Today" thread, I figure this is a good idea for us to share what car out of the ordinary (or in the ordinary, in my case usually) we drove today. The catch is, it must be something other than YOUR every day car. It may be a test drive, a friend's car, a relative's car, etc.

I'll start; today I drove a friend's 5-speed 2005 Echo Hatch. What a piece of crap.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Atomic

i think they are good cars for the price. basic transportation at it's best. the honda fit is actually a better vehicle, as it should be for the price.

S204STi

Finally drove a Firebird today, a 2001 Trans Am WS6.  Pretty quick.

The Pirate

Quote from: R-inge on September 20, 2007, 04:25:51 PM

Visibility is horrendous in those things.  It's like sitting in a giant bathtub.  I like 'em anyway.

Stick or Auto?
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Pancor

This was actually yesterday, but it was a 1990 Skyline GTS-T.  Quick, and as I'd never driven a RHD stickshift before, interesting!

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 20, 2007, 01:43:23 PM
A complement to the "Spotted Today" thread, I figure this is a good idea for us to share what car out of the ordinary (or in the ordinary, in my case usually) we drove today. The catch is, it must be something other than YOUR every day car. It may be a test drive, a friend's car, a relative's car, etc.

I'll start; today I drove a friend's 5-speed 2005 Echo Hatch. What a piece of crap.
I thought you said it was a sedan.

deesea

Quote from: Atomic on September 20, 2007, 02:16:10 PM
i think they are good cars for the price. basic transportation at it's best. the honda fit is actually a better vehicle, as it should be for the price.

I'd rather grab me a Versa or a Sentra...equipped better ...even if it is basic transportation :huh:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

S204STi

Quote from: The Pirate on September 20, 2007, 04:27:38 PM

Visibility is horrendous in those things.  It's like sitting in a giant bathtub.  I like 'em anyway.

Stick or Auto?

Schtick.  Vague is the word for it, too.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on September 20, 2007, 04:25:51 PM
My brothe-in-law has a modded 387 rwhp 1997 version of the WS6 to compliment his 900 rwhp 1997 Camaro SS.  I've never ridden int he Camaro because I only see him twice a year and since he got the engine finished, in the car, and dyno'd, it's been winter.  The Firebird is so fast it's sickening.  The car didn't hook up until the top of 3rd gear.  The rear end wagged all the way down the road until we were doing 150 km/h.

cawimmer430

Drove my dad's bicycle today. Handles nicely and it's fast too, especially with me paddling on it.  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

heelntoe

i rode an actual vespa yesterday. it was loud and obnoxious because the exhaust had a hole in it.
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Infiniti I35 this morning. I like that car.

Rich

Quote from: The Pirate on September 20, 2007, 04:27:38 PM

Visibility is horrendous in those things.  It's like sitting in a giant bathtub.

When I sat in the new Civic Si, It felt pretty darn close to an F-body to me.  I wish windshields in most new cars weren't out over the front wheels  :(
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

USA_Idol

2003 Ford F-150 XL 4x2 Regular Cab with the standard six.  It's gutless, but it rides well and is surprisingly quiet...especially for the base El Cheapo version.  Handling is okay for a truck, I suppose.  Steering response is WAY better than in older F-Series.  Interior is attractive, but everything in it is hard plastic that looks and feels cheap (and the visible mold parting lines don't exactly help the cause).  Bench seat is flat, but comfy enough for around-town jaunts, I suppose.  I don't know that I'd want to sit on that bench for any extended length of time, though.

omicron

I caught a bus today.

Lots of seats.

TheIntrepid

Lexus LS430. Jesus freaking christ.

BimmerM3

TheIntrepid

Quote from: BimmerM3 on September 23, 2007, 10:23:02 AM
That boring, eh?

Boring, is arguable. VERY smooth, and VERY comfortable. I really like this car.

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 23, 2007, 10:24:29 AM

Boring is not argueble, it's a fact.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 23, 2007, 10:55:42 AM

It's arguable, Jordan. I can drive a 4-cylinder Toyota Camry hard as hell, like I stole it, wheelspin, doriftoooo and all. That ride would be fun as hell. Remember those Arabs drifting in their Camries and Accords? They were seriously having fun in those cars.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 23, 2007, 10:24:29 AM

If you want smooth and comfortable, you best say at home and sit in your favourite easy chair.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 23, 2007, 10:58:23 AM
It's arguable, Jordan. I can drive a 4-cylinder Toyota Camry hard as hell, like I stole it, wheelspin, doriftoooo and all. That ride would be fun as hell. Remember those Arabs drifting in their Camries and Accords? They were seriously having fun in those cars.

You've made a lot of dumb posts on this forum, but that may be one of the worst.

the Teuton

I mean I drove the hell out of a 1995 Camry, but it scared the shit out of me with the incredible amount of body roll it had.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 23, 2007, 11:00:52 AM
You've made a lot of dumb posts on this forum, but that may be one of the worst.

Fun is all relative, d00d. Trep has never driven a real car, so you can't blame him, really.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 23, 2007, 10:55:42 AM

No, boring is subjective.

For instance, I find football boring.  Lots of folks would disagree with me.  Doesn't make either  viewpoint a "fact."
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

JYODER240

Quote from: The Pirate on September 23, 2007, 11:04:14 AM

No, boring is subjective.

For instance, I find football boring.  Lots of folks would disagree with me.  Doesn't make either  viewpoint a "fact."

I'm saying that you can't argue that the LS430 is fun to drive whether your compare it to cars in general or cars in it's class.

CJ

But other cars in its class aren't going to be fun to drive.  They're boats.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on September 23, 2007, 11:03:18 AM
Fun is all relative, d00d. Trep has never driven a real car, so you can't blame him, really.

Fuck you. A 335i isn't a real car? A WRX isn't a real car? I don't judge you based on the Esteem station wagon you drive.

CJ

You get all worked up over nothing.  It's the internet, d00d.