CarSPIN Articles

Started by TurboDan, May 09, 2005, 06:48:41 PM

Raghavan

QuoteI doubt R33 can write an article, though. :blink:

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have an article on post whoring, although I'm not sure if it'd be like a site feature.  But an article a member wrote that has their views on post whoring and stuff (preferrably not wrote by a post whore).  Okay I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, back to post whoring! :P
R33's rich... so he can probably write an artcile.
He is?
yup. he's going to buy a range rover sport s/c, and he already has 3 cars, 2 boats, 2 motorcycles, more stuff, etc.
Geez...  :blink:   Do you think maybe he'd donate me a few bucks for an STi?  :lol:

Oh...and having lots of toys doesn't mean you're rich...sometimes it means you're way over your head in debt! lol  :P
Or he stole them. :o  :D
:o  :o   Ya think?!  Maybe he's a big stealer!  How do you steal 3 cars and 2 boats though?  :blink:  :lol:  :lol:
Did you see last January of Car and Driver?  They had people stealing a big boat from some big public place (winners and losers).  Or maybe it was bus. :blink:
No idea...I just subscribed to C/D in February...  :lol:

I still haven't gotten my May issue yet...and it's p***ing me off...  :angry:
huh?? wow. did you get your june issue yet?
NO!  :angry:  :angry:
OMFG! go to the website and fill out another subscription. they have it so they resend you your subscription if you're having a problem with your current one.

giant_mtb

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have an article on post whoring, although I'm not sure if it'd be like a site feature.  But an article a member wrote that has their views on post whoring and stuff (preferrably not wrote by a post whore).  Okay I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, back to post whoring! :P
He is?
yup. he's going to buy a range rover sport s/c, and he already has 3 cars, 2 boats, 2 motorcycles, more stuff, etc.
Geez...  :blink:   Do you think maybe he'd donate me a few bucks for an STi?  :lol:

Oh...and having lots of toys doesn't mean you're rich...sometimes it means you're way over your head in debt! lol  :P
:o  :o   Ya think?!  Maybe he's a big stealer!  How do you steal 3 cars and 2 boats though?  :blink:  :lol:  :lol:
Did you see last January of Car and Driver?  They had people stealing a big boat from some big public place (winners and losers).  Or maybe it was bus. :blink:

OMFG! go to the website and fill out another subscription. they have it so they resend you your subscription if you're having a problem with your current one.
Will do..

Raghavan

He is?

Will do..
dunno if you'll get the may one tho. they might have stopped printiing it.

giant_mtb

He is?

Will do..
Nevermind...I have the May issue, but not June.  I checked the site and they just got my payment (that I sent out over 3 weeks ago) 3 days ago!  So hopefully I'll be getting the June one within a week...the site also says they addressed the July issue to me as well...so I guess that means they're gonna send that too?

Raghavan

He is?

Will do..
Nevermind...I have the May issue, but not June.  I checked the site and they just got my payment (that I sent out over 3 weeks ago) 3 days ago!  So hopefully I'll be getting the June one within a week...the site also says they addressed the July issue to me as well...so I guess that means they're gonna send that too?
not the july version yet. i don't think it's out yet, but you'll get it on time.

ifcar

He is?

I think you're referring to the January issue, where a bus is used to steal a boat.

Raghavan

He is?

I think you're referring to the January issue, where a bus is used to steal a boat.
:lol:  :lol:  

mazda6er

Dan, if I wanted to write an article, what format should it be in? Could you convert a Word document? I'm not too familiar with HTML.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteDan, if I wanted to write an article, what format should it be in? Could you convert a Word document? I'm not too familiar with HTML.
I guess you'd just write the article, and then Dan takes care of the HTML conversion.  Dan wont be checking in here this week anyway because he is on vacation.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

QuoteDan, if I wanted to write an article, what format should it be in? Could you convert a Word document? I'm not too familiar with HTML.
I guess you'd just write the article, and then Dan takes care of the HTML conversion.  Dan wont be checking in here this week anyway because he is on vacation.
He's online right now. Or he was a few minutes ago. Nevermind, he's only using that one thread. oops.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

He's online right now. Or he was a few minutes ago. Nevermind, he's only using that one thread. oops.
Yea, I believe as of now he only checks into that thread.  But when he gets back, send him a PM or something.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

When I did the Auto Show In Motion article, I just emailed it as a Word attatchment, and he didn't complain. So I assume you could do the same.  

BMWDave

When I did the Auto Show In Motion article, I just emailed it as a Word attatchment, and he didn't complain. So I assume you could do the same.
Did you send the pictures seperately?  Or included in the word article?

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Alright, cool! Thanks for the info.
--Mark

ifcar

Did you send the pictures seperately?  Or included in the word article?
I uploaded them onto ImageShack and included the links, but I probably could've/should've just put the pics in there.

GMPenguin

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have an article on post whoring, although I'm not sure if it'd be like a site feature.? But an article a member wrote that has their views on post whoring and stuff (preferrably not wrote by a post whore).? Okay I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, back to post whoring! :P
He is?

Well, I was closer than I usually am. :P

BMWDave

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have an article on post whoring, although I'm not sure if it'd be like a site feature.? But an article a member wrote that has their views on post whoring and stuff (preferrably not wrote by a post whore).? Okay I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, back to post whoring! :P
He is?

You replied like four days later :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

GMPenguin

He is?

You replied like four days later :lol:
Sad thing is that's quicker than usual too. :(  :P  

TurboDan

Thanks for the interest, everyone!  OHH, and Mazda6er, I got an e-mail from you about this a long time ago and never replied!  Sorry about that!  

Yes, any format is fine.  Word works, or you could just send the text in an email.  Any automotive-related topic is welcome.  

As for photos, the best way is to upload them to Imageshack and I'll copy them to the server here.  I've been having bandwidth problems with my personal email address lately.  (I need Gmail!)

If there are any questions, let me know.  As I said, ANY auto-related topic works here, and I can't wait to get some submissions.

ifcar

Need a GMail invite? Just say the word.

BMWDave

QuoteNeed a GMail invite? Just say the word.
I have like 100 of them also.  :)  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I have two accounts, so I probably have twice whatever you have.  :praise:  

BMWDave

:lol:   I also have two accounts :praise:  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

What's your excuse?  :P  

BMWDave

What's your excuse?  :P
I created it just for the hell of it....one is for serious stuff, and the other is for personal stuff.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

QuoteThanks for the interest, everyone!  OHH, and Mazda6er, I got an e-mail from you about this a long time ago and never replied!  Sorry about that!  

Yes, any format is fine.  Word works, or you could just send the text in an email.  Any automotive-related topic is welcome.  

As for photos, the best way is to upload them to Imageshack and I'll copy them to the server here.  I've been having bandwidth problems with my personal email address lately.  (I need Gmail!)

If there are any questions, let me know.  As I said, ANY auto-related topic works here, and I can't wait to get some submissions.
That's alright, I'm sure you've been busy. Hope you had a great vacation. If and when I get a chance, I hope to submit an article or two.  :)  
--Mark

BMWDave

Dan, is there anything specific you'd want us to write about?

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I'd love to help, but I'm tied up with Automobear as is.  Sorry.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

QuoteI'd love to help, but I'm tied up with Automobear as is.  Sorry.
I've checked out automobear a few times, you do good work!  :rockon:  
--Mark

giant_mtb

I could write over a page on just sitting in an STi for an article. ^_^ (I'm joking...joking...)