Warning: You May Fall In Love With This Modern-Day Lamborghini Miura

Started by cawimmer430, September 23, 2019, 07:44:42 AM

cawimmer430

F*ck.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Warning: You May Fall In Love With This Modern-Day Lamborghini Miura

The Lamborghini Miura is rightfully regarded as one of the most beautiful cars ever designed and this rendering from Ruperto Design shows it could look just as good if it were reimagined for today.

The most identifiable aspect of the original Miura is its glorious low-slung profile and elongated hood. In updating the car for the 21st century, Ruperto Design maintained the overall shape of the original and then set about transforming the details.

At the front, you will notice a much sharper nose and bumper more reflective of Lamborghini's current style than the curved shape of the original. In addition, the out-dated circular headlights have been replaced with thin LED units that, nevertheless, retain the 'eyelashes' which helped make the Miura so iconic.

Another nice change are the wing mirrors. Not all Miuras left the factory with mirrors but some that did featured small chrome mirrors mounted at the top of the front wheel arches. This rendering used this same location but has cameras instead of traditional mirrors to feed live images into screens in the cabin.

Continuing the stunning looks are aggressive side skirts with air intakes and a wrap-around windshield with narrow, and blacked-out, A-pillars, while there are also vents directly behind the side windows just like the original. It all looks rather superb.

Would Lamborghini ever launch a homage to the Miura? We would absolutely love to see it happen, and it'd sure sell like hot cakes, but that's up to the powers-that-be at Sant' Agata (or is it Wolfsburg?) to decide.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/09/warning-you-may-fall-in-love-with-this-modern-day-lamborghini-miura/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AutobahnSHO

pedestrian crash standards would make the whole thing not this. :(

But this is amazing!!!
Will

12,000 RPM

I'm tired of designers recycling classics

The original Miura designers had nothing to reference
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 23, 2019, 04:37:12 PM

Yeahhhh this is basically just clickbait. 

FoMoJo

Some of the most beautiful sports cars were designed in the '60s.  Improving on those designs is pretty hard to do.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 23, 2019, 04:37:12 PM

The alternative is crap like the SUV coupes and convertibles a la the BMW X6.  I'll take warmed over 1960s classics, thanks.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Payman

Quote from: MX793 on September 23, 2019, 05:45:36 PM
The alternative is crap like the SUV coupes and convertibles a la the BMW X6.  I'll take warmed over 1960s classics, thanks.

Me too. Keep bringing cars like the '04-'06 Ford GT.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MX793 on September 23, 2019, 05:45:36 PM
No, it's not either or. There's stuff like your car, Lac's car, r0tor's car etc. There are plenty of classically good looking modern cars on the road. If I want to look at a Miura I'll look at an original
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Since I am a fan of retro design I really like this artist's impression of it.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 23, 2019, 06:14:25 PM
Since I am a fan of retro design I really like this artist's impression of it.
It is a pretty picture. :ohyeah:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Good design is good design- BMW managed to keep their kidney grill but work it into some great looking cars over the years.

I don't want a 1960s car, the safety and crumple zones and performance were all crappy. But a sweet looking modern car? Sure!
Will