Avoiding Police Bashing

Started by TurboDan, May 05, 2005, 12:28:34 AM

Raghavan

Quote:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

You might be surprised at what occurs outside BF, Idaho where you live. In some other areas the police actually do fight crime....I know, I know, it's hard to believe.

It's getting old.
Would that BF,Idaho stand for Butt F*ck, Idaho?  Sorry, Raza, but you asked for it.  And in the "avoid police bashing" forum no less! Shamless.  :D
:lol:  :lol: LOL! :lol:  :lol:
as for me, my record is clean, so i have no problem with LEO's. :praise:
That's cause you're a kid...
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?

giant_mtb

You might be surprised at what occurs outside BF, Idaho where you live. In some other areas the police actually do fight crime....I know, I know, it's hard to believe.

It's getting old.
Would that BF,Idaho stand for Butt F*ck, Idaho?  Sorry, Raza, but you asked for it.  And in the "avoid police bashing" forum no less! Shamless.  :D
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?
Oh...I thought you were like my age...like 14 or something..nvm then.  :P  :rockon:  

Raghavan

It's getting old.
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?
Oh...I thought you were like my age...like 14 or something..nvm then.  :P  :rockon:
:lol:  :lol:  

giant_mtb

It's getting old.
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?
Must be because of the way you act/speak that got me mixed up...  ;)  :P

Raghavan

It's getting old.
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?
HEY!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  rokon.gif  rokon.gif  rokon.gif

PS. You got a nice bike man. how much does it weigh and cost?

giant_mtb

It's getting old.
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?

lol I was only joking...

But...about the bike...it's pretty heavy at about 28-30 pounds but the extra heft just makes me a stronger rider, so I like it.  I just bought it last year (almost exactly one year ago, actually) and it was approx. 820 bucks including tax.  Pretty good steal for the quality of it...it sure can take a beating.

Raghavan

It's getting old.
? i drive you know.
You do?
yes....
How old are you?

lol I was only joking...

But...about the bike...it's pretty heavy at about 28-30 pounds but the extra heft just makes me a stronger rider, so I like it.  I just bought it last year (almost exactly one year ago, actually) and it was approx. 820 bucks including tax.  Pretty good steal for the quality of it...it sure can take a beating.
disc brakes. :praise:  

giant_mtb

Yes sir.  5 inches of travel in the rear.  2.75 to 4.5 inches in the front.  All aluminum alloy frame...   I can do just about anything with it...  :praise:  

Raghavan

QuoteYes sir.  5 inches of travel in the rear.  2.75 to 4.5 inches in the front.  All aluminum alloy frame...   I can do just about anything with it...  :praise:
can you do wheelies? i can't do it even if i tried my hardest. my bike is too heavy.

giant_mtb

QuoteYes sir.  5 inches of travel in the rear.  2.75 to 4.5 inches in the front.  All aluminum alloy frame...   I can do just about anything with it...  :praise:
can you do wheelies? i can't do it even if i tried my hardest. my bike is too heavy.
lol  I can do wheelies on just about any bike...you just gotta have the leg strength to get that first "oomph" on the pedal to pop up the front end...and of course pull up with your arms...  But yeah...I can do wheelies for about 25 feet at longest...  :praise:   I don't really practice them, though, although they are a good way to pracitce balanace and "throttle". (how hard you push on the pedals)

giant_mtb

QuoteYes sir.  5 inches of travel in the rear.  2.75 to 4.5 inches in the front.  All aluminum alloy frame...   I can do just about anything with it...  :praise:
lol  I can do wheelies on just about any bike...you just gotta have the leg strength to get that first "oomph" on the pedal to pop up the front end...and of course pull up with your arms...  But yeah...I can do wheelies for about 25 feet at longest...  :praise:   I don't really practice them, though, although they are a good way to pracitce balanace and "throttle". (how hard you push on the pedals)

giant_mtb

Raghavan

maybe i do them wrong. how do you do wheeilies?

giant_mtb

Well...you want a gear that's low so you can get the wheel up without having to exert all that much force, but you want the gear to be high enough so that once the wheel is up you can get up to a higher speed so it's easier to maintain balance yet not be spinning your legs as fast as you can cause you're in first gear...I usually will do wheelies in 3rd or 4th gear.  Go farther back on the seat than normal and keep your weight back, then put your strong leg's pedal in about the one or two o'clock position and push down on that foot and at the same time pull up on the handlebars...and you have to keep spinnin your legs...just don't use too much power or you'll flip back. (that's easy to control though because you'll instinctly put your feet down...)

Raghavan

Well...you want a gear that's low so you can get the wheel up without having to exert all that much force, but you want the gear to be high enough so that once the wheel is up you can get up to a higher speed so it's easier to maintain balance yet not be spinning your legs as fast as you can cause you're in first gear...I usually will do wheelies in 3rd or 4th gear.  Go farther back on the seat than normal and keep your weight back, then put your strong leg's pedal in about the one or two o'clock position and push down on that foot and at the same time pull up on the handlebars...and you have to keep spinnin your legs...just don't use too much power or you'll flip back. (that's easy to control though because you'll instinctly put your feet down...)
so you sit down while doing wheelies?
i can only do front wheel wheelies. :rolleyes:  

giant_mtb

so you sit down while doing wheelies?
i can only do front wheel wheelies. :rolleyes:
Yeah...I'll sit down when doing wheelies.  (although if your bike is heavier you can stand up...it will make it easier)  I stand up when I do wheelies if I'm in 6th gear or higher...otherwise I'm sitting...

I can do front wheelies too.  :P   Actually they're called "endos"...it's fun to do an endo, then as soon as your back tire touches back on the ground do a front-wheel wheelie...pretty sweet.  :praise:  

Raghavan

are BigHits good? i think they're made by specialized....

Rupert

Big Hits are heavy... very heavy. But they're very good bikes for going down hills and off buildings.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raghavan

QuoteBig Hits are heavy... very heavy. But they're very good bikes for going down hills and off buildings.
can't be heavier than my bike. do you know how much it weighs?

Catman

I can't stand big hit bikes.  My Ellsworth weighs about 25 lbs.  

Raghavan

QuoteI can't stand big hit bikes.  My Ellsworth weighs about 25 lbs.
how much do they weigh?

Catman

Well, I've been slightly out of the loop but I'd say 29+ lbs.  avg probably over 30 lbs since dowhill bikes tend to be close to 50 lbs.  Cross Country full suspension seem to be between 23-26 for an average.

Raghavan

QuoteWell, I've been slightly out of the loop but I'd say 29+ lbs.  avg probably over 30 lbs since dowhill bikes tend to be close to 50 lbs.  Cross Country full suspension seem to be between 23-26 for an average.
my bicycle is 34 lbs. porky thing. :angry:  rokon.gif
anyway, i want a Trek TR30 BMX bike. :rockon:  

Catman

QuoteWell, I've been slightly out of the loop but I'd say 29+ lbs.  avg probably over 30 lbs since dowhill bikes tend to be close to 50 lbs.  Cross Country full suspension seem to be between 23-26 for an average.
I have a Standard 125R cruiser if you're interested.  It's a race bike though.  I co-run a track up here:

Billerica BMX

Raghavan

QuoteWell, I've been slightly out of the loop but I'd say 29+ lbs.  avg probably over 30 lbs since dowhill bikes tend to be close to 50 lbs.  Cross Country full suspension seem to be between 23-26 for an average.
I have a Standard 125R cruiser if you're interested.  It's a race bike though.  I co-run a track up here:

Billerica BMX

nice track!
I have a MGX Mongoose D50I. can't find any pics though.
here's what i want:

:praise:  

Catman

I have a Schwinn freestyle to raffle off next month.  It's green.  I think this is it.

Raghavan

QuoteI have a Schwinn freestyle to raffle off next month.  It's green.  I think this is it.

is it part of a contest?

Catman

Its our anuual Race For Life fundraiser event so we added a raffle bike to promote it.

Raghavan

QuoteIts our anuual Race For Life fundraiser event so we added a raffle bike to promote it.
i see. My school was also giving away a $600 Trek bike.

giant_mtb

Since I missed it...Specialized Big Hits weigh approx. 28-30 pounds...about as much as my bike...which is quite sad because the Big Hit is designed to go off 15 foot drops yet my bike can do 5 foot drops max and is biased towards cross country riding...but I don't care because at least I got the guts to ride that thing in races...  :praise:

My best friend actually put money down on a Big Hit...he might actually be getting it tomorrow...should be a blast.  :lol:  :lol: