Bolt!

Started by CaminoRacer, August 10, 2019, 05:39:57 AM

CaminoRacer

I got Android Auto to work this morning. My wife's phone worked last night so I assumed the cable and car are fine and it was my phone that was the problem. I deleted the car from the rejected list and made sure all the Google services apps were updated.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 15, 2019, 08:09:33 AM
It's a second floor for the cargo area that lifts up. So you can store stuff underneath and put groceries on top.

The perfect size for twelve bricks of cocaine, and an assault rifle.. :rockon:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2019, 03:43:34 AM
But that would affect the linear subspace converters with plasma fluid polarity. The only way around this is to magnetize the multi-isolinear terminals with the auxiliary sub-routines via a portable adjuster.

Wouldn't be easier to modify the deflector to generate an inverse ionic field and use the EPS relays to generate a multiphasic energy pulse?

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 15, 2019, 10:00:28 AM

Or millions of Flintstones vitamins.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 15, 2019, 10:00:28 AM

I see they got my letter.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

Appropriate sticker

And I lied, I will have to cut/pound out the trunk panel to access the bolt holes for the false cargo floor. Shouldn't be too hard.

CaminoRacer

I modded the seats and added 1-1.5" of camping pad foam. Just enough to lift the seat foam above the side of the seat frame so it doesn't dig into my hips/thigh while I'm sitting in it. The seat covers are easy to take off. You just slide some plastic clips off.

Pre-fix. You can see how low the back of the seat is - basically level with the side of the frame.

MexicoCityM3

Congrats on the Bolt. I test drove one and found it a lot of fun. Great value for money.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Eye of the Tiger

Nice seat mod. I need to do that to Doge, but the 60/40 bench seat is a single piece. Very heavy to remove.

NomisR

Quote from: Laconian on August 14, 2019, 08:36:16 PM
?

I was reading a piece of paper fed to a termite can produce 2 lb of hydrogen.  and of course CO2.  So we can harness that and with the CO2 fed to the plants to produce food for the termite.

NomisR

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 15, 2019, 11:14:13 AM

And I lied, I will have to cut/pound out the trunk panel to access the bolt holes for the false cargo floor. Shouldn't be too hard.

Ok, I was gonna say, it's been a while since I looked back there but I'm pretty sure I wasn't imagining things.

NomisR

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 15, 2019, 11:14:54 AM
I modded the seats and added 1-1.5" of camping pad foam. Just enough to lift the seat foam above the side of the seat frame so it doesn't dig into my hips/thigh while I'm sitting in it. The seat covers are easy to take off. You just slide some plastic clips off.

How long did the seat mod take you?  I just tossed on two seat cushions and worked out well but still want to do this or maybe for lumbar support.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: NomisR on August 15, 2019, 02:29:49 PM
How long did the seat mod take you?  I just tossed on two seat cushions and worked out well but still want to do this or maybe for lumbar support.

20 minutes total.

There are two plastic clips in the back under the seat and 1 on each side toward the back. I didn't actually clip the side ones back on when I was done, because it was hard and it looks the same either way. :lol:

NomisR

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 15, 2019, 03:32:02 PM
20 minutes total.

There are two plastic clips in the back under the seat and 1 on each side toward the back. I didn't actually clip the side ones back on when I was done, because it was hard and it looks the same either way. :lol:

I'm going to see if I can take my cushion apart and stuff it in there.  Might be a perfect fit.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 15, 2019, 10:07:22 AM
Wouldn't be easier to modify the deflector to generate an inverse ionic field and use the EPS relays to generate a multiphasic energy pulse?

Hmmm, that could work if we baffle the impulse engine with multisubsonic intermix rays with ultraviolet subfusion. Make sense?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 16, 2019, 06:07:46 AM
Hmmm, that could work if we baffle the impulse engine with multisubsonic intermix rays with ultraviolet subfusion. Make sense?

That could work if we recalibrate the impulse drive with a recursive feedback algorithm to compemsate to harmonic distortions, but that's like reinventing the wheel. What if we modified the warp core to emit a tetryon burst and divert it into the deflector and create a controlled temporal flux. We could diverte power from life support and secondary systems in order to stabilize the reation.

SJ_GTI

Good ideas, but I don't see how you are going to handle the chroniton radiation.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 16, 2019, 07:26:43 AM
Good ideas, but I don't see how you are going to handle the chroniton radiation.

The Doctor will prepare an inoculation to counteract the effects of the radiation.

CaminoRacer

I don't know what's happening in here.

Unfortunately Corbeau doesn't offer seat brackets for Bolts at the moment. Can't go full racecar yet.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 16, 2019, 07:21:42 AM
That could work if we recalibrate the impulse drive with a recursive feedback algorithm to compemsate to harmonic distortions, but that's like reinventing the wheel. What if we modified the warp core to emit a tetryon burst and divert it into the deflector and create a controlled temporal flux. We could diverte power from life support and secondary systems in order to stabilize the reation.

That's too much for my understanding. Then again I work in Ten-Forward and know nothing about warp theory! :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Time to buy a new Bolt already?   :devil:

2020 Chevrolet Bolt To Have Increased Range Of 259 Miles

The Chevrolet Bolt hasn't changed much since it was introduced in 2016, but there appears to be a significant update on the horizon.

As noticed by Car & Driver, the EPA says the 2020 Bolt will have an increased range of 259 miles (417 km). That's 21 miles (34 miles) more than its predecessor and is significantly longer than rivals such as the Nissan Leaf Plus (226 miles / 364 km), Kia Niro EV (239 miles / 385 km) and Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus (240 miles / 386 km). The model even tops the Hyundai Kona Electric which has a range of 258 miles (415 km).

Despite the increased range, the model appears slightly less efficient than before as the 2020 Bolt has an MPGe rating of 127 city, 108 highway and 118 combined. That's a slight dip from the 2019 model which was rated at 128 city, 110 highway and 119 combined. As a result, it costs an extra cent to drive 25 miles (40 km).

Little is known about the updated Bolt, but the publication believes the car has been equipped with a revised battery pack that features an improved chemistry. That sounds like a logical explanation, but nothing is official as of yet.

While the range sees a significant improvement for 2020, there doesn't appear to be any other drastic changes. However, Car & Driver says we can expect a "few new features" and a revised color palette that swaps out Shock Yellow for Cayenne Orange Metallic and Oasis Blue. The publication also says the familiar 200 hp (149 kW / 203 PS) electric motor carries over.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/2020-chevrolet-bolt-to-have-increased-range-of-259-miles/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CaminoRacer

So... I bought a 2nd keyless remote. In the owner's manual there's a section on how to program it yourself. Since I only had 1 key, I had to do the longer method than if you have both keys and just want to add 1.

• Do the 5 unlocks on the door handle.
  • Wait 10 mins, press Power.
  • Put key fob in tray and press Power.
  • Remove key fob and press unlock.
  • Put in next key fob in tray and press power.
  • Hold down Power for 12 seconds.

After step 4, all the keys are wiped. I got that far and when I tried to do step 5, nothing happened. I don't have keys for the car anymore. I had to call AAA and have them tow it to the dealership (with the car in Park, so it had to drag it up onto the flatbed...)

The dealership tried to program the keys with their computer and they won't program. Something is wrong with the car. Fucking technology. It costs $2 to copy a normal key and this is gonna cost at least $300.

Eye of the Tiger

Did the owners manual also tell you to delete System32?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 30, 2019, 03:23:59 PM
So... I bought a 2nd keyless remote. In the owner's manual there's a section on how to program it yourself. Since I only had 1 key, I had to do the longer method than if you have both keys and just want to add 1.

• Do the 5 unlocks on the door handle.
  • Put key fob in tray and press Power.
  • Put in next key fob in tray and press power.
  • Hold down Power for 12 seconds.

After step 4, all the keys are wiped. I got that far and when I tried to do step 5, nothing happened. I don't have keys for the car anymore. I had to call AAA and have them tow it to the dealership (with the car in Park, so it had to drag it up onto the flatbed...)

The dealership tried to program the keys with their computer and they won't program. Something is wrong with the car. Fucking technology. It costs $2 to copy a normal key and this is gonna cost at least $300.

In all modern cars I know of, there's a manual over ride somewhere to get the car into neutral.

I hate all that shit too; if I could, I would eliminate the ignition key altogether and go back to actual push-button start with a kill switch hidden somewhere.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 30, 2019, 04:15:52 PM
In all modern cars I know of, there's a manual over ride somewhere to get the car into neutral.

I hate all that shit too; if I could, I would eliminate the ignition key altogether and go back to actual push-button start with a kill switch hidden somewhere.

There's nothing in the manual and nothing online about a manual neutral override. And the dealership only knows a tiny bit about these cars because they're "new technology".

Push button without the key receiver would work for me. Racecar.

AutobahnSHO

our 2005 Subie has a little cover near shifter you can pop open and probably with screwdriver or something move to N...
Will

AutobahnSHO

Oh and Scrappy is old skool key and locks.
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 31, 2019, 07:39:53 PM
our 2005 Subie has a little cover near shifter you can pop open and probably with screwdriver or something move to N...

This has an all-electric shifter so I don't think it has anything like that, unfortunately