Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

cawimmer430

Our buddy Dougy gives the US-spec Mercedes A220 Sedan (FWD) a pretty good review.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL5l-_9bIVk
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MrH on February 13, 2019, 09:12:10 AM
I don't feel sorry for either party.  They're both freely entering these agreements.

Yeah but the industry gets impacted it affects more than just dumb car buyers. Look at the dumb bailouts awhile back. Look at repercussions across the economy for housing bubble popping.
Will

FoMoJo

So, what do you Chevy guys think about this?

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

^It could pass for a Lamborghini Urus Shooting Brake Coupe...^  :mask:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

So a Camaro, but slightly more practical, and way worse to drive. :hmm:

God bless them.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

HurricaneSteve

Local VW dealer is offering 6 grand off 2018 GTIs (auto) which would lower the asking price to 22K. 🤔

Soup DeVille

Why would it be worse to drive? Visibility can't be worse, and some extra weight over the rear might help overall.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 16, 2019, 09:54:16 AM
So, what do you Chevy guys think about this?

Is that the new Blazer sport coupe utility vehicle?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FoMoJo

BimmerM3

Quote from: MX793 on February 16, 2019, 11:32:20 AM
Is that the new Blazer sport coupe utility vehicle?

It's just a random rendingering of what a Camaro Crossover might look like. Not official in any form.

https://www.motor1.com/news/239593/chevy-camaro-electric-suv-rendering/

MX793

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 16, 2019, 01:07:15 PM
It's just a random rendingering of what a Camaro Crossover might look like. Not official in any form.

https://www.motor1.com/news/239593/chevy-camaro-electric-suv-rendering/

But they already have a Camaro crossover.

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Priscilla (her name) admiring her reflection.  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Shot and drove around the new G350d (Diesel) today. That engine is smooooooooooth and quiet.  :wub:

One thing I intensely dislike about the new G-Class is the entering and exiting - this thing is so high it's not comfortable to get in and out of.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

A drop down ladder should be an option, especially since most of the people who buy them are likely undersized.

Soup DeVille

Don't some trims do the automatic step bar thing?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

That's pretty low compared to "Murrica trucks
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

It looks lower than my truck, and I chose to remove the running boards.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 20, 2019, 11:04:16 AM
Don't some trims do the automatic step bar thing?

That feature is to my knowledge not available on the G-Class. Maybe there's some kind of helpful step thingy available for handicapped drivers. Gotta check the MB website later.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 20, 2019, 11:05:30 AM
That's pretty low compared to "Murrica trucks

I imagine getting in and out of a higher truck is a pain in the ass. These G-Classes are fun (especially the G63 AMGs!) but getting in and out is a pain in the ass.

Terrible roads in Germany. They're all over the place now. And they can't be fixed because everything here is so complicated; the government isn't responsible for some roads but local communities are... pathetic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T04BM4W7nAQ

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

I'm convinced a great deal of international students have more money than brains.

Soup DeVille

"terrible roads in Germany"- shows one picture of a patched pothole on a rural two-lane.

Mon ami, we've got potholes in city centers that swallow Fiats.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkx5OwWrOhs

ff to 0:30

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M9IeeAMR5EI

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 20, 2019, 11:47:03 AM
Terrible roads in Germany. They're all over the place now. And they can't be fixed because everything here is so complicated; the government isn't responsible for some roads but local communities are... pathetic.

They don't look a whole lot different than our rural roads over here.  The only solution is to rip up all the asphalt and replace it.  They do seem to have an ongoing process of doing that here, but it just takes a long time.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 20, 2019, 11:19:25 AM
It looks lower than my truck, and I chose to remove the running boards.

I was gonna remove mine, but a frequent hiking friend of mine said she actually uses them, and they haven't actually gotten in the way yet.

Personally, I find it more awkward to step in using the running boards than to just step over them.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 20, 2019, 01:24:52 PM
I was gonna remove mine, but a frequent hiking friend of mine said she actually uses them, and they haven't actually gotten in the way yet.

Personally, I find it more awkward to step in using the running boards than to just step over them.

Yeah it's gotta be a very tall truck for running boards to be useful IMO
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 20, 2019, 12:23:00 PM
They don't look a whole lot different than our rural roads over here.  The only solution is to rip up all the asphalt and replace it.  They do seem to have an ongoing process of doing that here, but it just takes a long time.

But that's all they are doing here - patching it up using poorly trained, CHEAP, Eastern European laborers. Our roads require maintenance due to changing weather conditions, salting etc. Our government throws our tax money away, wastes it on this gender bullshit and of course migrants from primitive societies who come here to exploit our social system (but not contribute to our society). It's maddening.  :frown:

Anyway, I love the engine data feature (torque, kW, turbo boost etc.).  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 20, 2019, 01:24:52 PM

Mine were in exactly the wrong place, and often ended up dirtying my pant legs.

Plus, it looks better without them.

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 20, 2019, 11:47:03 AM
That feature is to my knowledge not available on the G-Class. Maybe there's some kind of helpful step thingy available for handicapped drivers. Gotta check the MB website later.

I imagine getting in and out of a higher truck is a pain in the ass. These G-Classes are fun (especially the G63 AMGs!) but getting in and out is a pain in the ass.

You call that terrible?  That would be considered average or above average here.  We've got holes that crush steel rims at 20 mph.  A coworker hit a hole so large that it set off the pyrotechnic pre-tensioners in his seatbelts because the engine subframe impacted the ground, prompting him to have to replace all of the seatbelts in his car.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2o6

I had to replace a tire this week. I thought everything was OK from hitting a pothole, but I noticed a terrible bubble in the sidewall.

The pothole took out two cars behind me, and two in front of me. The cops temporarily shut down the freeway on-ramp.

93JC

Since we're sharing war stories, here's how a road I took last June looked:

Hard to see the massive pothole at the hill crest: