Trooper blows stop sign hits another car, arrests driver, then coverup ensues

Started by Klackamas, July 07, 2019, 07:59:25 PM

BimmerM3

Quote from: GoCougs on July 11, 2019, 09:01:26 AM
It was mos def unforeseen because that was not the justification for enacting such policies, which only confirmed that in 99%+ of LE vs. civilian contact situations, LE is right and the civilian is wrong (i.e., the plan to buckdown law enforcement failed which dismayed said policy pushers).

Whatever man. Keep making shit up to justify your belief in the librul conspiracy. :ohyeah:

GoCougs

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 11, 2019, 11:20:13 AM
Whatever man. Keep making shit up to justify your belief in the librul conspiracy. :ohyeah:

Even after all this time? Really. Oh, well, no worries! Here we go again!

NYT: Body Cameras Have Little Effect on Police Behavior, Study Says.

NYT summary of the largest ever body cam study. In short, citizen complaints were about the same, and police behavior was about the same, which means the body cams confirmed the general premise which has been the zeitgeist of LE since the Dawn of Man - 99%+ of the time LE is right and the citizen is wrong, and the cameras tended to show it as such more explicitly, and thus, by definition, more LEOs were exonerated and more citizens were locked up. So, in summary, the body cam thing didn't turn out as the planners planned.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: GoCougs on July 11, 2019, 12:23:59 PM
Yours doesn't either.

Correct, and a body cam would be a waste of money because I'm not gonna end up in court for shooting someone on the job.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

GoCougs

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 11, 2019, 03:26:41 PM
Correct, and a body cam would be a waste of money because I'm not gonna end up in court for shooting someone on the job.

We actually have cams in the parking lot and the robot lab, as we're a gray (sorta secret) site, and even bio (retina) scanners on some doors. I ain't even afraid though.

BimmerM3

Quote from: GoCougs on July 11, 2019, 12:54:15 PM
Even after all this time? Really. Oh, well, no worries! Here we go again!

NYT: Body Cameras Have Little Effect on Police Behavior, Study Says.

NYT summary of the largest ever body cam study. In short, citizen complaints were about the same, and police behavior was about the same, which means the body cams confirmed the general premise which has been the zeitgeist of LE since the Dawn of Man - 99%+ of the time LE is right and the citizen is wrong, and the cameras tended to show it as such more explicitly, and thus, by definition, more LEOs were exonerated and more citizens were locked up. So, in summary, the body cam thing didn't turn out as the planners planned.

lol I'm doubting your commentary, not the actual stats. But again, whatever. I know you're not about to change your mind.

GoCougs

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 12, 2019, 10:25:56 AM
lol I'm doubting your commentary, not the actual stats. But again, whatever. I know you're not about to change your mind.

Nah, you went for a W without checking facts.

BimmerM3

Quote from: GoCougs on July 12, 2019, 04:15:07 PM
Nah, you went for a W without checking facts.

Bruh, it took me all of 30 seconds to find an article in the NYT from 2013 stating:

"Cameras are extremely useful in gathering and maintaining a record of evidence, providing a fuller picture of an interaction than a written report or even a patrol car's "dashcam" ever could. For this reason, they're also very good at protecting police from false accusations of misconduct."

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/10/22/should-police-wear-cameras/body-cameras-could-restore-trust-in-police

Sounds pretty foreseen to me, but sure, I'm the one who doesn't check facts. :ohyeah:

93JC

I see this thread on the homepage, "Trooper blows stop...", and I keep thinking it's about Isuzus. And it's not, unfortunately.  :(

GoCougs

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 12, 2019, 04:27:37 PM
Bruh, it took me all of 30 seconds to find an article in the NYT from 2013 stating:

"Cameras are extremely useful in gathering and maintaining a record of evidence, providing a fuller picture of an interaction than a written report or even a patrol car's "dashcam" ever could. For this reason, they're also very good at protecting police from false accusations of misconduct."

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/10/22/should-police-wear-cameras/body-cameras-could-restore-trust-in-police

Sounds pretty foreseen to me, but sure, I'm the one who doesn't check facts. :ohyeah:

You're just making it worse.

BimmerM3

Quote from: 93JC on July 12, 2019, 07:19:23 PM
I see this thread on the homepage, "Trooper blows stop...", and I keep thinking it's about Isuzus. And it's not, unfortunately.  :(

Just for you. :wub:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

The red car is obviously speeding I don't see how that can even be a question. It's a residential neighborhood.

That said cop is clearly in the wrong and IMO should be fired.