No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on December 04, 2019, 09:21:35 AM
Fiesta as in the Spanish definition?  Party on....

But I could sell it and buy a $1000 Subaru waggin
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Taking a stand against low levels of ZDDP in modern motor oils. Rislone ZDDP additive is half price on Amazon.
Ordered a bunch.
Dakota's flat tappets will be pleased.

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota made it to Florida for a second time. Solid 25 MPG highway. Not bad. Would like cruise control, butt fuck it.

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 04, 2019, 01:20:00 PM
But I could sell it and buy a $1000 Subaru waggin

shaggin waggin?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah, so it's a '96 Jerp Cherkoree, fleet special, 4.0, AW4, 2WD. Amazing machine

giant_mtb

CaminoRacer

Super Jelly. I want one.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Fast fact: In Michigan State Police testing, the 1993 Jeep Cherokee police package beat the Ford Crown Victoria around the handling course.

Eye of the Tiger

Now how jelly are you?

giant_mtb

There's more jelly in me than in that passenger rear donut.

FoMoJo

The dogs should love it, all that room.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 28, 2020, 08:50:58 AM
The dogs should love it, all that room.

It is basically the new doge waggin/daily/road trip/everything vehicle. Dakota will be around as backup, and for truck things. My left knee is going to shit, so my days of driving with a clutch are numbered.

Despite how the exterior looks, the interior is nearly immaculate. Motor and transmission are almost perfect. Even the cruise control works.

Needs: a very good bath, four new tires, slight exhaust repair, left front headlight trim/blinker, figgure out why the wipers are stuck, and then just regular maintenance.

Not bad for $650

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 28, 2020, 08:44:30 AM
There's more jelly in me than in that passenger rear donut.

If that donut is actually filled with jelly, then I got an even better deal than I thought.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 28, 2020, 08:26:52 AM
Now how jelly are you?

once you spray it off, close the hood, and put a real tire on that corner, Xtremely Jealous

Especially if the interior is in good shape. I love the stock seat covers with the fabric/vinyl combo. Most of the ones for sale right now have massive holes and tears in the seats.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 28, 2020, 09:56:45 AM
once you spray it off, close the hood, and put a real tire on that corner, Xtremely Jealous

Especially if the interior is in good shape. I love the stock seat covers with the fabric/vinyl combo. Most of the ones for sale right now have massive holes and tears in the seats.

This interior is like Johnson&Johnson's Baby Shampoo: no tears.

shp4man

Under 300,000 miles?  :muffin:

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Ordered a set of 215/75/15 Starfire Solarus AS cheapass tires.
Fight me.

Eye of the Tiger

XJ bath time.
Big things are coming.

veeman

Congratulations!  One of my brother in laws had a 2WD Cherokee he bought when he lived in Georgia.  When he moved up north, no one he would take the car to service to would believe him till they lifted the car up that it was 2WD.  They never saw a 2WD Cherokee in the northern states.  When he traded the car in for an Elantra, the dealer probably didn't even realize it was a 2WD.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: veeman on February 01, 2020, 06:28:06 PM
Congratulations!  One of my brother in laws had a 2WD Cherokee he bought when he lived in Georgia.  When he moved up north, no one he would take the car to service to would believe him till they lifted the car up that it was 2WD.  They never saw a 2WD Cherokee in the northern states.  When he traded the car in for an Elantra, the dealer probably didn't even realize it was a 2WD.

My younger brother had a 2WD Cherokee when he was younger. It was a stickshift with big ole off road tires...but it was RWD only.

Eye of the Tiger

I wanted an autotragic wagon. I was looking at Focii, Scoobarus, and some SUV things.
I seriously tried to buy an '03 Focus wagon from one of the car dealers I work with, but he wouldn't come back with a price. I know exactly what he was thinking. He thought I was going to turn around and sell it and make money that he could have made. Guess what, fucker, it's an '03 Focus wagon and nobody cares about it except me.

Anyway, I am very happy with my consolation prize.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: SJ_GTI on February 01, 2020, 06:54:40 PM
My younger brother had a 2WD Cherokee when he was younger. It was a stickshift with big ole off road tires...but it was RWD only.

I'd be fine with that. I'm too much of a wimp to do serious off roading. Don't really need 4wd for fire/logging roads and stuff.

Eye of the Tiger

I am not doing much offroading, either.
So, about 2WD XJ lowering ...
I can cut the front coils, and use a shorter shackle for the rear leafs. Street Jeep.

CaminoRacer

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 02, 2020, 01:43:42 PM

Yes! But I want it to ride like a Cadillac.

Random innertube browsing suggests TJ front coils will lower the front an inch with a 7 #/" lower spring rate. Could I remove a rear leaf? It only has 2 or 3 :lol: