2021 Chevy Suburban/Tahoe

Started by 2o6, December 10, 2019, 06:57:27 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

The front end styling is growing on me!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Submariner

The Z71 has one of the most horrible front ends of the past two decades. 

The straight laced suburban on the other hand looks real good.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

veeman

Isn't the only front end styling difference between the Z71 and regular version, is that the chrome grill is replaced with black colored grill and the gold bow tie replace with a black one?

veeman

Huge improvement in interior ergonomics of the previously cramped 3rd row between the outgoing model and this new Tahoe.  Previous one the third row was real tight and you sat with your knees up to your chest.  It was only suitable for small kids.

I find the Tahoe/Yukon//Suburban/Yukon XL very overpriced though.  Not counting this new upcoming Tahoe, the old Tahoe was comparable to a Nissan Armada but especially in higher trims, the Armada is about 10 grand cheaper. 

Morris Minor

Nice. Wonder if they've improved the braking.
I'd probably consider for the 2023 model year - wait till they've ironed out the new model teething troubles.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

CaminoRacer

The screens on the headrest are ridiculous looking.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

Pretty inoffensive, that's the best integration of their new corporate grille I've seen so far. Seems a little dark and depressing in the black interior models. The Z71 looks silly (not in a good way) with a lift and chunky tires though

giant_mtb

Always thought a Tahoe would make a nice full-size offroader.

mzziaz

That diesel 6 will be the perfect engine for that car. I wonder if the US customers will buy it, though.
Cuore Sportivo

GoCougs

With the 5.3L GM full-size SUVs are already sorta slow and really expensive - diesel will just make them more so. No, thanks - predict a flop as diesels have been doing in 1/2-ton and medium-size trucks.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: GoCougs on December 12, 2019, 11:48:09 PM
With the 5.3L GM full-size SUVs are already sorta slow and really expensive - diesel will just make them more so. No, thanks - predict a flop as diesels have been doing in 1/2-ton and medium-size trucks.
Diesels just aren't worth the premium......

giant_mtb

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on December 13, 2019, 07:37:02 AM
Diesels just aren't worth the premium......

For a true work truck that is constantly working, hauling, towing, and snow plowing, it can be. Plus, if you get a diesel, you get to leave it running 24/7 because that's what you do.

MX793

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 13, 2019, 09:24:36 AM
For a true work truck that is constantly working, hauling, towing, and snow plowing, it can be. Plus, if you get a diesel, you get to leave it running 24/7 because that's what you do.

Not too many people buying new Burbans or Hoes to plow with.  Some folks who rack up a lot of miles, perhaps towing a camper or small horse trailer, might appreciate the extra fuel economy.  Farmers in west Texas or something.  But that's a pretty small slice of the pie.

Seems like I see a fair number of diesel ¾ and 1 tonners running around here.  Many are classic bro-dozers that I doubt do much towing.  Seems to be more a status symbol among certain types.  Especially the Dodge/Cummins crowd.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

Quote from: MX793 on December 13, 2019, 10:19:01 AM
Not too many people buying new Burbans or Hoes to plow with.  Some folks who rack up a lot of miles, perhaps towing a camper or small horse trailer, might appreciate the extra fuel economy.  Farmers in west Texas or something.  But that's a pretty small slice of the pie.

Seems like I see a fair number of diesel ¾ and 1 tonners running around here.  Many are classic bro-dozers that I doubt do much towing.  Seems to be more a status symbol among certain types.  Especially the Dodge/Cummins crowd.

Oh yeah, I wasn't speaking to the Tahoe/Burban specifically. Just saying that in some cases (real work trucks), the diesel can be worth the premium.

Lots of 3/4 and 1-ton diesels around here. A handful of brodozers, but most diesel trucks that I see appear to be actually used as trucks.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 13, 2019, 09:24:36 AM
Plus, if you get a diesel, you get to leave it running 24/7 because that's what you do.

:lol:

I should have done that when I rented a diesel Golf in England.

Lebowski

I've always liked the Tahoe/Yukon but whenever I've priced them out I've always felt they are significantly overpriced, particularly when taking into account GM depreciation and reliability/longevity. I'd probably only buy one used.

Gotta-Qik-C7

CaminoRacer

because diesel worked out so well for Cadillac last time

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 10, 2020, 07:35:26 PM
because diesel worked out so well for Cadillac last time

They missed the diesel window of opportunity (post common rail injection, pre-VW smog gate, pre DEF)  I don't see a good reason to do it now
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

People don't look at fuel economy rationally.  They look at the poor fuel economy of their 2.5 - 3 ton SUV and think they're saving significant coinage by getting a diesel or hybrid 2.5 - 3 ton SUV.  They're not. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on February 11, 2020, 01:41:33 PM
People don't look at fuel economy rationally.  They look at the poor fuel economy of their 2.5 - 3 ton SUV and think they're saving significant coinage by getting a diesel or hybrid 2.5 - 3 ton SUV.  They're not. 

Haha or they want to get that tiny bit more by getting the tiny Prius instead of the regular one....
Will