Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Both of these cars look so fucking bad

Eye of the Tiger

And they will sell 325 per year
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

:lol:

People who tow buy American. Old money off roaders buy Land Cruisers. veeman buys the QX80. Nothing else lives in this segment
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 12, 2018, 06:40:20 PM
:lol:

People who tow buy American. Old money off roaders buy Land Cruisers. veeman buys the QX80. Nothing else lives in this segment

Acadia, Pilot, Ascent, Highlander.....

This car is FWD, unibody, and is only marginally larger than the old Santa Fe XL.

The new Santa Fe is 5-pass only.

FoMoJo

Why would they name a vehicle a fence? :confused:

Not very inspiring.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 09:21:03 AM

Not very inspiring.

I think they meant "palisades" which is a line of cliffs in New Jersey- or if they were being pretentious, after the Pacific Palisades neighborhood in LA
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 13, 2018, 09:28:05 AM
I think they meant "palisades" which is a line of cliffs in New Jersey- or if they were being pretentious, after the Pacific Palisades neighborhood in LA
Stockade maybe?  When you're inside, it like being in a fort.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

BimmerM3

Not very inspiring.
Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 13, 2018, 09:28:05 AM
Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 09:34:53 AM
Stockade maybe?  When you're inside, it like being in a fort.

Almost definitely after the mountains in the Sierras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palisades_(California_Sierra)

veeman

The top picture isn't so bad.  It's a crowded segment now with a lot of good offerings.  Looks more upscale, manly, and overall better than the Highlander or Pilot just based on this one picture.  Big shiny grills are all the rage now anyways.  I think it'll sell well.  2nd from top picture is atrocious.  What is that?

Payman

Not very inspiring.

Flows off the tongue like Escalade.

BimmerM3

Quote from: veeman on November 13, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
The top picture isn't so bad.  It's a crowded segment now with a lot of good offerings.  Looks more upscale, manly, and overall better than the Highlander or Pilot just based on this one picture.  Big shiny grills are all the rage now anyways.  I think it'll sell well.  2nd from top picture is atrocious.  What is that?

Heh - I didn't even look at the pictures closely enough to notice how different they are.

I think the bottom one is just a Kia Telluride?

FoMoJo

Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 13, 2018, 03:25:44 PM
Heh - I didn't even look at the pictures closely enough to notice how different they are.

I think the bottom one is just a Kia Telluride?
Telluride?  Good grief. :nutty:

BimmerM3

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 03:28:32 PM
Telluride?  Good grief. :nutty:

I am waiting for one of these new CUV things to be named for what they can actually handle ... Kia DustyRoad, Hyundai SlipperyHill, etc.

FoMoJo

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 04:54:55 PM
What is a Telluride?

City in SW Colorado with a very well-reviewed ski resort (though I've yet to go there personally).

FoMoJo

Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 13, 2018, 05:12:58 PM
City in SW Colorado with a very well-reviewed ski resort (though I've yet to go there personally).

It's more a matter of flow.  Kia Sedona is a nice name, it flows off the tongue.  Kia Telluride is hard to say even in your head.  Are all the good names already taken?  Kia Salida would be a nice name or even Kia Ouray, if they want to stick to Colorado. 

Payman

Payman

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 05:25:14 PM
It's more a matter of flow.  Kia Sedona is a nice name, it flows off the tongue.  Kia Telluride is hard to say even in your head. 

Maybe it's just because I'm already familiar with the place and have said the word many times in normal conversation, but I don't have any issues with it.

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 05:25:14 PM
Kia Salida would be a nice name or even Kia Ouray, if they want to stick to Colorado. 

But people can't even decide on what the correct pronunciation of Salida is (it should be sa-LEE-duh because it's originally a Spanish word, but locals insist that it's suh-LIE-duh), and no one pronounces "Ouray" correctly the first time (it's YER-ray). Hell, I still usually can't remember how to pronounce it correctly. :lol:

Quote from: Rockraven on November 13, 2018, 05:28:17 PM
Kia Aspen.

Chrysler did it.

Quote from: Rockraven on November 13, 2018, 05:28:42 PM
Hyundai Snowmass.

I like this one.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 13, 2018, 05:39:37 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm already familiar with the place and have said the word many times in normal conversation, but I don't have any issues with it.
So how do you even pronounce Telluride?  Is it TELL-u-ride or Tel-lur-ide?

CaminoRacer

Hyundai BigMountain

Kia SkiTown
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 13, 2018, 05:53:10 PM
Hyundai BigMountain

Kia SkiTown

Kia Sugarloaf

Hyundai Crested Butte

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 13, 2018, 05:47:32 PM
So how do you even pronounce Telluride?  Is it TELL-u-ride or Tel-lur-ide?

I think "TELL-you-ride", though some people kinda slur the R onto both syllables - "TELL-yer-ride". Definitely not tel-lur-ide.