Ford Maverick

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 09, 2022, 12:06:39 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 16, 2022, 09:03:20 AM
I saw a Maverick out on the road for the first time recently. Its a good looking truck. I liked how small it was as well. I am not really a truck person but if I wanted one as a daily driver this would be it.

I see quite a few of the Hyundai truck things so I assume they are more available (at least in this area).

The Santa Cruz is more available even though they're selling less than half as many.

The Maverick ticks ALL the right boxes for us- and MANY others who have never bought a truck before: utility + low price + decent gas mileage.

I'm super duper way ultra shocked that the market (including & especially Ford) are surprised about the popularity.
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 16, 2022, 06:35:27 PM
The Santa Cruz is more available even though they're selling less than half as many.

The Maverick ticks ALL the right boxes for us- and MANY others who have never bought a truck before: utility + low price + decent gas mileage.

I'm super duper way ultra shocked that the market (including & especially Ford) are surprised about the popularity.
Ford does come out with some winners from time to time.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 16, 2022, 07:15:25 PM
Ford does come out with some winners from time to time.

I read an article a long time back in C&D about "game changing" cars. Like the VW Bug, Datsun 240, Taurus SHO. :lol:

They are all cars which drastically affected the market. I would add to the list:
-Ford Explorer (brought SUVs to the soccer mom crowd, even though Jeep Cherokees were around forever they weren't as "mainstream").
-Prius (most successful hybrid ever?)
-original Ranger/ S10. Made small pickups popular.
-PT Cruiser (made "retro" cool)
-Ford Maverick pickup. Going to revolutionize the industry....
Will

Morris Minor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 16, 2022, 02:51:46 PM
I've almost bought a Tesla a couple of times because I could just order it online. I hate dealerships wasting my time.
I once made the mistake of buying a new iPhone at an AT&T store. It was grueling, very time-consuming & with lots of lame upselling attempts. So much pain for just a damned phone.
Next time around I bought one from Apple's site - super easy & FedExed to me.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

Galaxy

So 2023 Mavericks are already sold out it seems.

AutobahnSHO

Will

MrH

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 19, 2022, 04:58:34 AM
That is SOOOOOO CRAZY!!!!

Ford should open as many shifts as they can at the plant to build more of them.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2023-maverick-retail-order-banks-closing-next-week-tremor-package-ordering-starts-tomorrow-9-17.20403/

I highly doubt their constraint is their shift model right now.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MrH on September 19, 2022, 07:13:40 AM
I highly doubt their constraint is their shift model right now.

There is an employee shortage problem; but you're right- that's not the current bottleneck- its one of the "next in line" bottlenecks.

The current issue is suppliers.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

My Dad drives a base model Maverick in mint condition with less than 15 thousand miles on it that I had him buy new without mark up from a local Ford dealer.  He had put his name down on a waiting list a year or two ago and got it when they were first came on sale.  No delay in getting it because it's a base model and was not as subject to a chip shortage.  He loves it. 

I'm wondering if I should tell him to put it on Autotrader for $35 thousand  :lol:  He bought it for around $20 thousand.  I think it would sell pretty quick.   

I don't think I will because I know he likes it a lot.  He only buys Ford and GM and loves driving my Mom's car (Ford Fusion Hybrid) on long distance trips.  He's 79 years old. 

Potentially 15 thousand dollar profit is pretty good though.  A new Ford Bronco Sport would also be perfect for him to daily drive.

And sorry AutobahnSHO :lol:

AutobahnSHO

LOL no problem. Wife and I have talked about IF we get ours at MSRP flipping it. It's pretty tempting!

I thought the prices would drop off by next year, but not if the market is so insane they can't build them still.

And yes, you guys are right- the constraints have been computer chips. I'm betting Ford is allocating just enough of those to the Maverick to meet their EPA mileage mandates/ goals- the rest go to the money makers: big trucks and Broncos.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Will

Speed_Racer

I've seen a lot more Mavericks around town within the past 4 weeks. Just one hybrid so far. But nearly all have been rocking steel wheels, a very cool look.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on September 30, 2022, 10:53:01 AM
I've seen a lot more Mavericks around town within the past 4 weeks. Just one hybrid so far. But nearly all have been rocking steel wheels, a very cool look.

I'd definitely tell the dealership to give me the steel wheels even on an upper trim.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Speed_Racer on September 30, 2022, 10:53:01 AM

That's the only wheel that comes on the XL (base) trim.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 30, 2022, 11:08:20 AM
I'd definitely tell the dealership to give me the steel wheels even on an upper trim.

Lots of people have asked about trading- most that have the base wheels don't want to "upgrade". I don't get it.
Will

AutobahnSHO

I keep seeing a cyber orange Maverick here now.

And saw one in the color we ordered (carbonized grey).

Oh and our build date got pushed back again. week of Aug 29 -> Sep? -> Oct 3 -> Oct 17.
Will

AutobahnSHO

HAHAHAHA build date pushed back to Nov14.

They were supposed to start building 2023 trucks that day.....
Will

giant_mtb

The "never getting my Maverick" saga continues.  :rage:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 11, 2022, 07:03:01 PM
HAHAHAHA build date pushed back to Nov14.

They were supposed to start building 2023 trucks that day.....

Your truck infotainment's going to be powered by a 386 processor..
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

r0tor

I wonder how much of this is strategic and Ford hopes buyers just give up and move onto a F150 at 10x the profit
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on October 11, 2022, 11:33:10 PM
Your truck infotainment's going to be powered by a 386 processor..

Then he can play Links 386. The graphics are so good that he can pretend it's disc golf. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

LOL Pushed to December 5th. Word is trucks pushed to Dec 12th won't be built as MY 2022 (even though they have assigned VINs) but will be re-ordered and prioritized as 2023 trucks. We'll see.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on October 12, 2022, 12:55:30 PM
I wonder how much of this is strategic and Ford hopes buyers just give up and move onto a F150 at 10x the profit

yeah I'm sure they allocated enough parts to build just enough Mavericks to bring their average gas mileage to a target then will use the rest of the chips and such for money makers.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Aaaand bumped to December 19th. Which 99% means won't get built, we "should" get a discount and top of the line for a 2023. Prices went up $1000+ from 2022 to 2023....

They've delayed their 2023 start trying to still build the 2022 trucks.
Will

AutobahnSHO

I know you guys are on the edge of your seats so... :thumbsup:

Our 2022 truck that was originally scheduled to be built Aug29 and even has a 2022 VIN but was delayed a bunch of times (to December 19) has been cancelled. Ford has created duplicate 2023 orders for all those trucks they can't build this year, and it was up to the dealers to ensure the order# is not duplicated. We have to also depend/ hassle the dealer to change the priority code from the default 99 (which will never get built) by end of November or it would get cancelled.

So I still need to talk with the dealer and confirm options (many changed for 2023). And supposedly they'll roll a $2375 discount onto our 2023 order (make up for the price increase 2022 ---> 2023) , which will rumoredly get built in January before the other 2023 trucks.

Sigh.
Will

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

veeman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 18, 2022, 07:40:13 PM
I know you guys are on the edge of your seats so... :thumbsup:

Our 2022 truck that was originally scheduled to be built Aug29 and even has a 2022 VIN but was delayed a bunch of times (to December 19) has been cancelled. Ford has created duplicate 2023 orders for all those trucks they can't build this year, and it was up to the dealers to ensure the order# is not duplicated. We have to also depend/ hassle the dealer to change the priority code from the default 99 (which will never get built) by end of November or it would get cancelled.

So I still need to talk with the dealer and confirm options (many changed for 2023). And supposedly they'll roll a $2375 discount onto our 2023 order (make up for the price increase 2022 ---> 2023) , which will rumoredly get built in January before the other 2023 trucks.

Sigh.

I wonder what will get built first.  Your Maverick or Elon's Cybertruck.   :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on November 19, 2022, 09:17:57 PM
I wonder what will get built first.  Your Maverick or Elon's Cybertruck.   :lol:

Mavericks built already= lots.
So I think our odds are higher? :thumbsup:
Will

giant_mtb

You need to start raisin' some hell over there.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 19, 2022, 09:36:44 PM
You need to start raisin' some hell over there.

LOL Ford is building as fast as they can. They heard customers over the debacle- ordering in 2021 was many months. It was only one week this year and they shut off orders to try to make sure they can build them all. LOLOLOLOLOL
Will