The new Supra

Started by Payman, September 07, 2016, 08:34:16 AM

Payman

So apparently only 7 cars are affected by badly welded seatbelt mounts, and their entire car is being replaced.

Speed_Racer

Saw a red one in traffic yesterday. Honestly, the design just isn't working for me and I can't put my finger on why.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 02, 2019, 10:37:25 AM
Saw a red one in traffic yesterday. Honestly, the design just isn't working for me and I can't put my finger on why.

It's awkward somehow.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 02, 2019, 10:37:25 AM
Pictures suggest fussy details and not enough wheelbase.

It and the LC couldn't be more different.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

I saw a black one at a cars and coffee and thought it looked fantastic in real life.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiujPC8cmo

Great video by Jason Cammisa for Hagerty.  The M2 is the spiritual successor to the MK4 Supra.  Also "capability is not joy"   :golfclap:

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

CaminoRacer

Hagerty's content team is killing it this year.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

r0tor

I personally love the Supra more and more every time I see one on the road.  Last week I saw a white one with some old school fast and furious ricing and a hoop wing.... Loved it

Would easily be at the top of my list if I wanted a 2 seater
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

It's too much of a penis car for me. You can see the superhero spandex bulge in the front.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on January 21, 2021, 07:07:35 PM
It's too much of a penis car for me. You can see the superhero spandex bulge in the front.

OwO
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

It would be more appealing as a drop-top.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

This video is great! Camissa is my BF.
Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 21, 2021, 11:11:22 AM
Hagerty's content team is killing it this year.

This is like Top Gear in its prime, just without the accents. More Top Gear than Top Gear USA.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MrH

Camissa is a bit over the top and childish sometimes, but he's probably one of the top 3 car reviewers out there.  It's incredible how nuanced and minor things he can pick up on.  He gives great information about how cars actually drive, he actually knows how to verbalize technical things he doesn't like with the car, and has an amazing memory for it all.

I love his instagram reviews.  They're short and really to the point.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Payman

Yeah Camissa is my current fave to watch, but he did annoy with his Testarossa video, claiming that "everyone thinks the Testarossa was a hyper-exotic, when it's really a GT car", and then gets all preachy why we are all wrong. Dude, some guys today might be mistaking it for an '80s exotic, but us from the '80s knew exactly what it was then and we still know it as a GT car today. GTO and F40 were the hyper-exotics, and the 'Rossa was the GT. We know this. Chill out.

r0tor

I think his reviews are good, but I loathe the click bait nature imbedded in his work.  No Jason, I don't care how smart or nuanced you want to make yourself out to be, nobody would ever consider an M2CS as the successor of the mk4 Supra - and you didn't need to throw that in the title to just draw clicks.  Just let your work speak for itself...

r0tor

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on January 21, 2021, 07:46:14 PM
This video is great! Camissa is my BF.
This is like Top Gear in its prime, just without the accents. More Top Gear than Top Gear USA.
That jump cut @2:43 into the vid is brilliant.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤