Car Videos for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Started by FoMoJo, December 18, 2016, 10:06:24 AM

giant_mtb

Nice video with no overdubbing of crappy music or commentary.  Just pure engine/car/road noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANaEy8M3wY

12,000 RPM

For some reason Europeans and Asians love to overdub driving videos. Drives me fucking nuts
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II driving, drifting, power-sliding etc. scenes in this review.  :rockon:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOHd1tCi90
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Love this channel showing reviews of European cars from the 1960s and 1970s. Here's a Fiat Ritmo 75, sold as the Strada in the United States. Love the emotionless German commentary.  :thumbsup:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-_56KjelA

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Yeah, I was going to say they all sounded like overly verbose robots :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on November 24, 2018, 08:35:23 PM
Yeah, I was going to say they all sounded like overly verbose robots :lol:

You'll like this one! :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKRS0YT6-xk

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

GoCougs

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 20, 2018, 12:06:47 PM
Absolutely amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRMAQj0yA44

Car nuts would go crazy there.

That showed up for me as well, as do a lot of "barn find" vids. My theory on this phenomenon:

1.) The car was stolen
2.) The owner stopped making payments (i.e., hiding from the repo man)
3.) The car was involved in some sort of issue, like hit-n-run
4.) The owner is hoarder (as in, some sort of mental illness)

BimmerM3

Quote from: GoCougs on December 22, 2018, 12:15:05 PM
That showed up for me as well, as do a lot of "barn find" vids. My theory on this phenomenon:

1.) The car was stolen
2.) The owner stopped making payments (i.e., hiding from the repo man)
3.) The car was involved in some sort of issue, like hit-n-run
4.) The owner is hoarder (as in, some sort of mental illness)

I don't watch a lot of those videos so you'd probably know better than me, but it seems like a lot of them are like some little old lady's late husband's old car that she keeps for sentimental reasons.

FoMoJo

Quote from: BimmerM3 on December 22, 2018, 02:23:24 PM
I don't watch a lot of those videos so you'd probably know better than me, but it seems like a lot of them are like some little old lady's late husband's old car that she keeps for sentimental reasons.
This one's a bit different.  Sheds full of classic domestic and Euro/UK marques.  Mostly low mileage and likely in running, or near running condition.  A car guys paradise. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: BimmerM3 on December 22, 2018, 02:23:24 PM

Or a mom's boy that went off to war and never came back. I knew a rich man who bought and outfitted a vacation lake home, including a nice little speedboat and a Land Rover (what country house is complete without one?). He rarely visited and is now dead. Last I heard the house was still tied up in probate. Whoever gets it might even overlook it in the assets (he was that rich).

Of course in a lot of cases I suspect Cougs is right.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

I can't take that title seriously. Its satire, right? The Dale was a cardboard and plywood scam job.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 26, 2018, 06:04:20 PM
I can't take that title seriously. Its satire, right? The Dale was a cardboard and plywood scam job.

Yes, "a car ahead of its time" was a slogan some publications used in the days when it came out.  If you'd watch the video......

FoMoJo

FoMoJo

r0tor

https://youtu.be/gItPuu4d8o4

Mario is just a complete class act.  He a completely genuine guy.  Also extremely friendly when you meet him. This was shot about 5 miles from my house
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

r0tor

I could listen to Mario telling stories all day... Wish he would do more interviews
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on February 08, 2019, 10:07:20 AM
I could listen to Mario telling stories all day... Wish he would do more interviews
He was part of the Golden Era of racing along with names such as Dan Gurney, A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Jim Clark and so many others.  He must have a million stories.

cawimmer430

A35 AMG doing some hill-climbing. Gorgeous engine sound. That's also the same driver's POV like in my A250, except for the electric seat controls, AMG badging, interior lighting and that circular sport mode control button on the steering wheel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHhmSZ0y_m4

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Very cool design.  Not sure why it never really became popular.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 15, 2019, 07:26:36 AM
Very cool design.  Not sure why it never really became popular.

Two-stroke diesel, so it will never pass modern emissions requirements.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Payman

FoMoJo

Looks like a step up from Karting.  Are they kids?  Hard to tell.

Payman

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 16, 2019, 06:14:23 PM
Looks like a step up from Karting.  Are they kids?  Hard to tell.

All age levels, apparently. Well, probably no toddlers, but with those lunatic Finns, you never know.