Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

shp4man

Quote from: Rockraven on November 17, 2020, 04:17:41 PM
Friend posted this, from his dad's early '70s Chev Malibu.

300 HP turbo fire 350 V8.   $78.     Deal of the century!

cawimmer430

Just configured my dream S-Class (for fun) on the MB website.  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

Quote from: shp4man on November 17, 2020, 09:32:55 PM
300 HP turbo fire 350 V8.   $78.     Deal of the century!

Cheaper than the AM radio!

cawimmer430

Love the wide angle lens feature on the iPhone 11 Pro.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

So the Fast Lane Car, still does not have their Land Rover Defender that they took delivery of on Oct 7. They have only actually had a Defender in their possession for the first 2 days. After 168 miles it went kaputt, and after throwing parts at it for 2 weeks Land Rover decided that it needs a new engine. They said no.  They eventually got a new Land Rover delivered to the dealer, however they never took delivery since the dealer accidentally cut the wiring harness. Apparently it is fundamentally un reparable so they are now waiting for Defender Nr. 3... And this is for one of the larger automotive You Tube where Land Rover HQ in the UK is involved....

r0tor

I use to like their channel but I have grown skeptical of them as frequently they began to have sagas like this which are barely believable.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

RomanChariot

I had a weird experience a couple of days ago. I driving on the freeway after dark when I noticed sparks coming from under the car in front of me. There was a sudden increase in the amount of sparks and a red hot sparking piece of what I'm sure was metal came out from under the car and proceeded to spin across several lanes of the freeway. The car then started smoke heavily and as I was slowing down something slammed into the upper right corner of my windshield and left about a 4 inch series of circular cracks. The other driver made it over to the side of the freeway but I feel bad for him as I'm sure his car has significant damage. I'm grateful for safety glass as my wife was sitting in the passenger seat.

AutobahnSHO

Eek!! Was it motor or exhaust or something?
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Probably a muffler bearing. Those are prone to failure! :mask:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

RomanChariot

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 24, 2020, 04:33:56 PM
Eek!! Was it motor or exhaust or something?

Based off the smoke coming from the other car it wasn't exhaust. It was too dark out to tell much more.

cawimmer430

Some nicer pics of my dad's B200 with his 18" RIAL M12 winter wheels. We drove to Munich today, me in my A250 and him in his B-Class. The Autobahn from Mühldorf am Inn to Munich is mostly speed limit free so we constantly were "racing" and overtaking each other. At one point he topped out near 220 km/h (137 mph) and I blasted past him at 240 km/h  (149 mph). Despite this crazy driving, we reached Munich with pretty decent fuel economy. His B200 "guzzled" an unusual 8.6 L / 100 km (27.3 mpg) and my A250 needed 9.4 L / 100 km (25 mpg).

Empty Autobahn....  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

veeman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2020, 07:54:45 AM

Empty Autobahn....  :wub:

I'm definitely driving faster than I was pre-Covid. Less cars on the road, police seem to not be ticketing as much. 

Payman

Quote from: RomanChariot on November 25, 2020, 09:11:05 AM
Based off the smoke coming from the other car it wasn't exhaust. It was too dark out to tell much more.

He ignored the Danger To Manifold warning and blew the welds.

cawimmer430

Quote from: veeman on November 30, 2020, 08:44:38 AM
I'm definitely driving faster than I was pre-Covid. Less cars on the road, police seem to not be ticketing as much. 

Enjoy it! ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Nice interview with two of my favorite Youtubers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtgymHfB9CQ

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

That's what I have boyee
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Galaxy

Doug DeMuro brought an Audi RS2 to the US. It is fascinating how much enthusiasm he has for the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0aOGq2t0s&list=LL&index=1

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on December 03, 2020, 07:32:40 PM
Doug DeMuro brought an Audi RS2 to the US. It is fascinating how much enthusiasm he has for the car.

Without having watched the video, I bet he gave it a zero in terms of predicated reliability on his Doug Score, right? :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Gotta-Qik-C7

He paid a ton for that thing! He seems to enjoy it tho! Hope it holds up for him!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

Hoonigan has been racing the Hoonicorn against all sorts of fast cars. Hoonicorn mops them all up, except an 8.4 second Audi. So the Hoonicorn is probably a high-8s car. Impressive for a car made for drifting sideways.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 05, 2020, 12:58:19 PM
Hoonigan has been racing the Hoonicorn against all sorts of fast cars. Hoonicorn mops them all up, except an 8.4 second Audi. So the Hoonicorn is probably a high-8s car. Impressive for a car made for drifting sideways.

Lame. Jeep can do 0-60 in 8 seconds.

:lol:

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 04, 2020, 06:44:07 AM

Without having watched the video, I bet he gave it a zero in terms of predicated reliability on his Doug Score, right? :lol:

He gave it 5 out f 10, one reason being that he is worried about parts. Two Audi dealers stated that there is no such thing as an RS2. I do not really think it is an issue in online era.

cawimmer430

Franz Untersteller, a member of the idiotic German Green Party and the Environmental Minister of Baden-Württemberg (the state with Stuttgart as its capital), was caught by the police speeding 177 km/h on a section of Autobahn which was limited to 120 km/h.

His excuse? He was in a hurry to see his family, the road conditions allowed it and he didn't see the speed limit sign.

Aha. This is the same clown that (along with his political party) whines for an utterly pathetic, sleep-inducing 120 km/h speed limit on the Autobahn and wants to take away our individual mobility. Typical Green Party hypocrite. Many of us are also in a hurry, but if a shit 120 km/h speed limit comes we're gonna fall asleep at the wheel...

And why does this dipshit even own a car? For someone who preaches what he does, he should be using a donkey to get from A to B. What an asshole. And people wonder why I hate the Green Party - aside from their knack to defend religious extremists, child molesters (pedophiles), champion to legalize incest etc. What an absolute dirty cult these fucktards are. And people in this country are so stupid and are voting for them.  :banghead:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

I fucking love those, but he annoys the hell out of me. Dilemma....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FoMoJo

Interesting builds...Rusty and Reliable: LS 1966 Chevy C10 and Panther-Swapped 1972 F100

Scroll through the pictures

I especially like this exhaust feature...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger