Mechanic Stuff

Started by Eye of the Tiger, October 14, 2016, 03:00:10 PM

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MrH

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 15, 2020, 11:22:51 AM
Weather tight crimps are preferred for applications subject to movement or vibration. Solder may crack over time.

I don't care if it's actually better or not.  It just looks prettier and makes me feel better about it :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on October 16, 2020, 09:26:16 AM
I don't care if it's actually better or not.  It just looks prettier and makes me feel better about it :lol:

Time is money here. I don't have time to look pretty. The customer pays for my butt connectors, and they will probably never have to look at them.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Did some work on an '83 380SL. 55K miles. Absolutely beautiful. Kept in storage most of the time. Driving it was glorious. I went about 8 miles on some empty back roads. Wish I could put the top down.

The Bosch mechanical fuel injection system is amazing.

Soup DeVille

Beautiful cars; If I had one and found a mechanic that didn't charge me through the nose or fuck anything up, I'd keep go back.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Shop got broken into over the weekend. I lost at least $500 worth of tools. My good 1/2" impact gun is the thing I'm most pissed about. I need that thing every day.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 02, 2020, 11:18:32 AM
Shop got broken into over the weekend. I lost at least $500 worth of tools. My good 1/2" impact gun is the thing I'm most pissed about. I need that thing every day.

Shop's insurance should cover it, just as they would if a customer's car got damaged by thieves.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 02, 2020, 11:48:58 AM
Shop's insurance should cover it, just as they would if a customer's car got damaged by thieves.

Yeah, I'm working on that

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 02, 2020, 11:18:32 AM

:confused:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Some ho bag with a shitty Doge Avenger just cussed out my service advisor because the oil cooler blew on her car right after getting a tire repair. I was about ready to tell that bitch what to do with her mouth. My service advisor loterally had to throw up afterward. Now I'm on edge. Fucking shitbag bitch can go back to hell

shp4man

70% of what I do is other "technicians" failures or " We can't fix it. Take it to the dealer" crap.  Which is just an admission of incompetence.
I wonder what will happen to this stupid business when.all of us old dinosaurs are gone?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on December 03, 2020, 08:38:41 AM
70% of what I do is other "technicians" failures or " We can't fix it. Take it to the dealer" crap.  Which is just an admission of incompetence.
I wonder what will happen to this stupid business when.all of us old dinosaurs are gone?

I'll be here. Myself and the other guy here are the top two mechanics in this entire chain of 8 or 9 shops.

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 03, 2020, 08:19:00 AM
Some ho bag with a shitty Doge Avenger just cussed out my service advisor because the oil cooler blew on her car right after getting a tire repair. I was about ready to tell that bitch what to do with her mouth. My service advisor loterally had to throw up afterward. Now I'm on edge. Fucking shitbag bitch can go back to hell

Literally, actually threw up?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 04, 2020, 03:50:39 PM
Yes.

That's crazy. I've known some people who did some weird things in response to stress, but I've never actually known anybody who would actually throw up.

And; a Dodge Avenger? That's still running?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: shp4man on December 03, 2020, 08:38:41 AM

Having just started up back working again, its becoming very clear how hard up everyone is for good hands-on technical people.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 04, 2020, 06:19:26 PM
Having just started up back working again, its becoming very clear how hard up everyone is for good hands-on technical people.

I keep hearing that, but where is all of my money?

MrH

I think if I had a Dodge Avenger, I'd probably throw up too
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

Her attitude was so bad she gave him COVID.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 04, 2020, 06:17:46 PM
And; a Dodge Avenger? That's still running?

I saw a K-car on the road the other day. :confused:
Will

Soup DeVille

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 10, 2020, 05:05:44 AM
I saw a K-car on the road the other day. :confused:

Which is beautiful. Especially if its one of the woody convertibles.

A Dodge Avenger though; that's like the only car more white trashy than a Grand Am at this point.

shp4man

There was some guy at my kids school driving a Citation. Jesus, I thought all those died or caught fire years ago.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on December 10, 2020, 08:53:02 AM
There was some guy at my kids school driving a Citation. Jesus, I thought all those died or caught fire years ago.

WOW

:wub:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 10, 2020, 07:51:31 AM
Which is beautiful. Especially if its one of the woody convertibles.

A Dodge Avenger though; that's like the only car more white trashy than a Grand Am at this point.

But with the 3.6 Penisstar, it is stupid quick for such a shit chassis.

Laconian

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 10, 2020, 07:51:31 AM

LOL, the nearby naval station went from a hive of Grand Ams/Grand Prixen to Avengers, I noticed that.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on December 10, 2020, 10:39:58 AM
LOL, the nearby naval station went from a hive of Grand Ams/Grand Prixen to Avengers, I noticed that.

Yup
Whenever an Avenger comes into the shop, it is beat to hell and they never want to pay to fix it. It never fails.

Laconian

Do they come with Punisher skull stickers from the factory? Because they all have Punisher skull stickers.

Eye of the Tiger

Dong the valve cover gaskets on a Land Rover LR4, 5.0 Ford V8.

4-hours later, and I'm ready to start unbolting one valve cover.

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 11, 2020, 02:02:16 PM
Dong the valve cover gaskets on a Land Rover LR4, 5.0 Ford V8.

4-hours later, and I'm ready to start unbolting one valve cover.
Did you have a nap? :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."