We've been waiting for it, new C&D lightning lap.

Started by 565, September 25, 2008, 08:10:44 PM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: NACar on September 30, 2008, 03:32:51 PM
I cannot believe the Elise is so slow

Quote from: Raza  on September 26, 2008, 12:51:01 AM
With 218 supercharged horsepower in a 2029-pound mid-engine sports car, we expected to see much better times than we achieved with the Lotus Elise SC. The naturally aspirated Elise (190 horsepower) that ran at VIR in 2006 scampered around the 4.2-mile course in 3:09.2 versus 3:16.6 for the supercharged version.

That earlier Elise was equipped with wider and stickier tires, which offset the SC?s extra punch. And we experienced gear-selection drama with the vague engagements of the six-speed manual gearbox, which also held this car back.

This isn't the first time I've heard that the Elise SC wasn't as good to drive as Elise, but the first time I've heard that it wasn't as fast.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

r0tor

i wonder if its under tired now with the new power... or brakes not up to snuff
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on September 30, 2008, 05:45:46 PM
No GTR?

The GT-R was there.  About a second behind the Scud, way behind the ACR, 2+ seconds ahead of the best time for the Z06, and WAYY ahead of the 911 Turbo's best time (in reference to Porsche's recent dubious claims)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 565 on September 30, 2008, 05:47:36 PM
The GT-R was there.  About a second behind the Scud, way behind the ACR, 2+ seconds ahead of the best time for the Z06, and WAYY ahead of the 911 Turbo's best time (in reference to Porsche's recent dubious claims)
Gotcha! I know the Porsche guys hate to see the GTR coming. Maybe they'll take it as a complement ( highly unlikely 'tho) that the GTR targeted the 911 Turbo during development.

JYODER240

I wonder why they didn't test a Nismo 350Z?

The STI was is slow on the track apparently, but they are stupid-fast and backroads. There was one when I went down to hocking hills last spring and no one could keep up with that thing.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on September 30, 2008, 05:51:48 PM
Gotcha! I know the Porsche guys hate to see the GTR coming. Maybe they'll take it as a complement ( highly unlikely 'tho) that the GTR targeted the 911 Turbo during development.

IIRC the skyline GT-R has been targeting the 911 turbo since 1989 with the R32 GT-R

It's nothing new. I just think now with this model is the first time it has almost always bested the 911 turbo. I'll have to wait for porsches findings though, dozens of independant tests are not a good basis for opinion. I think Porsches fair and balanced testing of a competitors product is what's needed. :rolleyes:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 01, 2008, 01:29:43 PM
IIRC the skyline GT-R has been targeting the 911 turbo since 1989 with the R32 GT-R

It's nothing new. I just think now with this model is the first time it has almost always bested the 911 turbo. I'll have to wait for porsches findings though, dozens of independant tests are not a good basis for opinion. I think Porsches fair and balanced testing of a competitors product is what's needed. :rolleyes:
:clap:

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

GoCougs

Jesus, now there's a thread resurrection!

A fantastic field this year. CT5-V-F-Blackwinghackthingy for me (but w/MT).

Eye of the Tiger

I'll take the Panamacanal Turbo S. Mostly because I like that color green.

Wow throw back.
I just started medical school when I started this thread.

I used to post alot more about cars back then...

Galaxy

On a similar note, I just read Motortrend's Performance vehicle of the year award, and it has been a long time that I have heard a magazine gush about a car as much .

https://www.motortrend.com/news/porsche-911-gt3-2022-performance-vehicle-of-the-year/

r0tor

Most Wonderful time of the year...

I enjoy trying to match their times sim racing
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

veeman

Not surprised with the poor showing of the Kia EV6 GT. I don't have the GT model but I can "feel" its mass when making abrupt turns.

It's my favorite car so far and has excelled at smooth quiet fast driving on highways.