Nice speeding ticket

Started by autokomppania, July 30, 2019, 12:49:13 AM

dazzleman

Quote from: autokomppania on August 09, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
Finnish legislation states, that the ticket will first be isuued to the owner of the car. He/she gets the ticket in the mail and if he didn't drive the car, he can easily dispute the ticket. Then the Police will investigate and try to find the actual driver.

That sounds like a real nightmare.  They could be forced to investigate every ticket.  And what will they have as evidence?  Maybe video as the driver whizzes by?   I would just claim I wasn't driving the car any time I got a ticket.  I don't consider camera/mail tickets to be the real thing.  If I get tagged, I want to get my ticket directly from the officer, by hand... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Morris Minor

I asked my Finnish buddy Veijo about this. He's lived in the USA for 30 years and does not regard his home country altogether positively, this being one example of many, in the slide to an ever-more restrictive society.
Finns ain't what they used to be.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

dazzleman

Quote from: Morris Minor on August 11, 2019, 05:45:06 AM
I asked my Finnish buddy Veijo about this. He's lived in the USA for 30 years and does not regard his home country altogether positively, this being one example of many, in the slide to an ever-more restrictive society.
Finns ain't what they used to be.

A utopian society can never be a free society.  Each incremental move toward what is at any time considered to be the "ideal" society requires ever greater amounts of coercion.  I prefer some degree of freedom over total coercion.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

Lol income based fines is the worst idea ever, come on guys

2004 S2000
2016 340xi