Skoda wants To Serve And Protect qith UK’s New Scala Police Car

Started by cawimmer430, August 09, 2019, 07:08:09 AM

cawimmer430

Skoda wants To Serve And Protect qith UK's New Scala Police Car

Skoda's new compact hatchback, the Scala, has joined the blue-light fleet lineup in the United Kingdom, which already includes vehicles converted to serve different purposes.

The police uniform, with the typical blue and yellow livery on white, isn't the only update of the special purpose Scala, which also features LED signal lights built into the grille, tailgate, number plate and front screen, joined by the roof-mounted emergency lights and 100-amp, three-tone siren.

"Our partnership with emergency services teams stretches back over a century", said the company's fleet chief, Henry Williams. "It's that extensive knowledge in the sector that makes Skoda a reliable partner for both technologically advanced cars and value for money, and Scala, our most connected car to date, more than fits the bill."

The 467-liter (16.5 cu-ft) boot can carry the necessary equipment and, if required, users can fold down the rear seats to extend the cargo capacity to 1,410 liters (50 cu-ft). Additionally, the car is fitted with a range of driver assistance systems such as the front assist with automatic braking, lane assist, blind spot detect and adaptive cruise control.

In terms of power, it can be had with one diesel and two petrol engines, with outputs ranging between 115 PS (113 hp / 85 kW) and 150 PS (148 hp / 110 kW). A new entry-level model will launch later this year with a 95 PS (94 hp / 70 kW), 1.0-liter petrol unit, with a manual gearbox.

Aside from the police conversion, Skoda said the Scala can be modified to serve the ambulance and fire and rescue departments.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/skoda-wants-to-serve-and-protect-with-uks-new-scala-police-car/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Morris Minor

148 hp would not turn the air conditioning compressor in a pursuit car here.
94 hp would not pull the skin off a rice pudding.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on August 09, 2019, 01:22:20 PM
148 hp would not turn the air conditioning compressor in a pursuit car here.
94 hp would not pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I can see these being used as urban patrol cars. Also, 94/148-horsepower today are not what they were in the old days. I am almost positive the A/C system will also use less engine power than past models. ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

I'd love to have one of them chase me down to pull me over... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de