How should I ask the city to fix an intersection?

Started by Eye of the Tiger, April 30, 2020, 05:23:22 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Several times a week, I almost get creamed by traffic running about 20 feet past a stop sign from a road that I make a left turn onto. Several times, I have actually cut my left turn sharp to go behind the car running the stop sign. I thought about just throwing up one of those really annoying plastic speed bumps at the white line, but they cost $200+. Maybe I could steal one from around the abandoned mall. But fuck that.

How do I go about demanding that the city fix this shit? The best thing would be to turn it into a roundabout, but $$$. A speed bump would slow these idiots down really fast, or bend the shit out of their rimmmzzz.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 30, 2020, 05:23:22 PM
Several times a week, I almost get creamed by traffic running about 20 feet past a stop sign from a road that I make a left turn onto. Several times, I have actually cut my left turn sharp to go behind the car running the stop sign. I thought about just throwing up one of those really annoying plastic speed bumps at the white line, but they cost $200+. Maybe I could steal one from around the abandoned mall. But fuck that.

How do I go about demanding that the city fix this shit? The best thing would be to turn it into a roundabout, but $$$. A speed bump would slow these idiots down really fast, or bend the shit out of their rimmmzzz.

Show up to city council meetings repeatedly and read your p0st verbatim. Draw out the z's in rimz.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on April 30, 2020, 07:26:58 PM
Show up to city council meetings repeatedly and read your p0st verbatim. Draw out the z's in rimz.

I am not a housewife. I work 50+ hours/week. zzz

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 01, 2020, 04:47:55 PM
Take a different route?

Other route is worse. I have a legit complaint about that, too.

For the time being, I will just sound my horn every time I make that left turn.

AutobahnSHO

Buy dashcam. Get car upgraded by some other retard's insurance. Repeat if necessary.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Or I guess you could just compile dashcam footage of stop sign runners. Put it on youtube, make it viral until someone bugs council.
Will

Morris Minor

Another vote here for showing up at the city council. They like pretty pictures, so sketch out some diagrams,  And be relentlessly polite.

I've never understood our love affair with stop signs.
https://youtu.be/SYeeTvitvFU
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 14, 2020, 05:57:33 AM
Another vote here for showing up at the city council. They like pretty pictures, so sketch out some diagrams,  And be relentlessly polite.

Nobody stops at stop signs.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 07, 2020, 07:38:25 PM
Or I guess you could just compile dashcam footage of stop sign runners. Put it on youtube, make it viral until someone bugs council.

I have a dash cam, and I've been meaning to install it. The drivers here are outrageously fucking retarded.

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 14, 2020, 08:19:18 AM
I have a dash cam, and I've been meaning to install it. The drivers here are outrageously fucking retarded.
Petition for a traffic circle.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

There's usually a city hotline you can call.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 14, 2020, 03:06:31 PM
Petition for a traffic circle.

Those are so much more expensive than signs and cleaning up wrecks though!!!
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 14, 2020, 05:57:33 AM

I was reading email while that played on the other screen and more than half of the drivers did not stop. Some blew through at high speed.
Will