New(ish) Truck Day

Started by Speed_Racer, November 23, 2020, 10:47:06 AM

Speed_Racer

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 14, 2021, 11:19:27 AM
How was the rented trailer? Never thought about doing that before, but it sounds more appealing than owning a trailer.

Really good experience! We want a trailer eventually but we haven't settled on a size or features. Outdoorsy.com seems to be the most well-known site for renting other people's trailers, but we found this one on KSL and rented directly from the owner. It was about $55/night including a portable generator.

This one was a 15 ft w/ a slide-out dining area but we felt it was a bit "too big" even though it was the smallest one in the campground.

A hard-sided popup + toy deck is next on our list to rent. They feel airy inside but probably tow super easily. Plus room to bring a bike or two.

https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/orem_ut_united-states/2021_rockwood_a122th_103913-listing?cam=803

Submariner

What is the toilet/shower setup there?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Submariner on December 14, 2021, 01:27:44 PM
What is the toilet/shower setup there?

In the smaller ones: no bathroom, outside shower nozzle (maybe)
In the bigger ones: cassette toilet in the middle of your floorplan that may also be a shower lol. Be sure to make eye contact with your table guests.

AutobahnSHO

Nice!!

My (retired) folks just bought a used Tundra, thinking they may do some camping in the future. It's 2WD :confused: in Wyoming lol. Several thousand cheaper.

I've seen lots and lots of rigs on outdoorsy in there south but seems many of them want $100/night or more. Eek!!
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 15, 2021, 10:33:46 AM
Nice!!

My (retired) folks just bought a used Tundra, thinking they may do some camping in the future. It's 2WD :confused: in Wyoming lol. Several thousand cheaper.

I've seen lots and lots of rigs on outdoorsy in there south but seems many of them want $100/night or more. Eek!!

2WD should be fine for towing a camper and stuff. I'd hope they won't be camping during blizzards in their retirement lol
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 15, 2021, 10:33:46 AM
Nice!!

Good choice except maybe for choosing 2wd. My parents have been towing FT with a Tundra and have had zero problems in 5 years, tens of thousands of miles.

RomanChariot

I have towed my camper all over Utah and parts of Arizona and the only time I have needed 4WD while towing was in a site at Canyonlands that had a deep sand entry that was about 50 yards long.

Soup DeVille

Its Wyoming. He's concerned with snow.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 15, 2021, 08:08:28 PM

Wyoming is great. I would love there, but there are no jobs or places to live.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

RomanChariot

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 15, 2021, 08:08:28 PM

I wouldn't buy a 2WD truck if I lived in Wyoming but I have driven across Wyoming in blizzard conditions multiple times in 2WD vehicles. It limits what you can do but I would guess that over half of the vehicles in Wyoming are 2WD.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on December 16, 2021, 12:13:38 PM
I wouldn't buy a 2WD truck if I lived in Wyoming but I have driven across Wyoming in blizzard conditions multiple times in 2WD vehicles. It limits what you can do but I would guess that over half of the vehicles in Wyoming are 2WD.

That's what tire chains are fur.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: RomanChariot on December 16, 2021, 12:13:38 PM

Yeah for the most part 2wd are fwd cars though. :)

They have another car for winter, and not concerned with mom having to go somewhere while dad's at work anymore. Funny how that's a big decision point for families.
Will