Ford Maverick

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 09, 2022, 12:06:39 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on February 20, 2022, 07:50:24 PM
I am considering buying a Maverick.

I really like the compact size and price point.

Orders are closed, get on Ford's mailing list to order this summer. Or way overpay a dealer for a "cancelled" order. (When they try to stiff the original orderer who then says no.)
Will

Soup DeVille

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 21, 2022, 09:37:15 AM
Orders are closed, get on Ford's mailing list to order this summer. Or way overpay a dealer for a "cancelled" order. (When they try to stiff the original orderer who then says no.)

Ford's dealers are often their own worst enemies.

We saw the same pattern with the retro-Thunderbird, half a dozen different special edition Mustangs, and the Bronco as well.
Dealers trying to make a quick buck off of a few sales and doing long term damage to their reputation.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 21, 2022, 09:37:15 AM

How would one do that?
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on February 21, 2022, 11:35:34 AM
How would one do that?

Get on the mailing list? Or find one for sale?

First is website, second I don't know besides hassling dealerships or watching inventory and making offers...
Will

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 26, 2022, 09:14:06 AM
Get on the mailing list? Or find one for sale?

First is website, second I don't know besides hassling dealerships or watching inventory and making offers...

Get on mailing list.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

AutobahnSHO

Will

AutobahnSHO

Found a Maverick just like we ordered and are still waiting for. $33k MSRP

Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 26, 2022, 09:34:02 PM
Found a Maverick just like we ordered and are still waiting for. $33k MSRP

Wtf, who is actually paying these prices?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

Yeah but $13 thousand over MSRP for an economy car/truck?  I know it's cool and I had my Dad order one a while back but... that's bizarre that people would actually pay that. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on February 27, 2022, 09:48:39 AM
Yeah but $13 thousand over MSRP for an economy car/truck?  I know it's cool and I had my Dad order one a while back but... that's bizarre that people would actually pay that. 

People are coming to the end of their leases and finding the dealership lots empty of all but the cheapest and the most expensive options.

Generally, if one shops around and looks at different makes than what they had in mind, decent deals are there to be found. Not everybody does that, and this is what they get.

AutobahnSHO

Plus that one is 1k miles used. But EXACTLY what we ordered in October, and rumor is many of the 2022 orders will be pushed to 2023 because they don't have chips etc...
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 27, 2022, 09:05:05 AM
People who need cars.

Nobody actually needs needs new cars. I can fix their old ones.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 27, 2022, 01:24:22 PM
Nobody actually needs needs new cars. I can fix their old ones.

I agree; there are lots of people running on old assumptions about cars needing to be replaced every 3 years or 100,000 miles or whatever. We could get a lot more out of most- cars aren't sent to the junkyard because they're unfixable in most cases, but because it doesn't make financial sense to fix them.

But that's not going to change right away.

(it might, eventually, for electric vehicles)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 27, 2022, 01:37:39 PM
I agree; there are lots of people running on old assumptions about cars needing to be replaced every 3 years or 100,000 miles or whatever. We could get a lot more out of most- cars aren't sent to the junkyard because they're unfixable in most cases, but because it doesn't make financial sense to fix them.

But that's not going to change right away.

(it might, eventually, for electric vehicles)

I just did a $2600 clutch job on a 22 year old Audi, a $3000 power steering rack on a 9 year old Fusion, and a $1500 fuel pump on an 18 year old hearse. That was just this past week. People are putting money into older vehicles.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 27, 2022, 02:05:31 PM
I just did a $2600 clutch job on a 22 year old Audi, a $3000 power steering rack on a 9 year old Fusion, and a $1500 fuel pump on an 18 year old hearse. That was just this past week. People are putting money into older vehicles.

Excellent!

AutobahnSHO

$1500 for a fuel pump?!?!
Will

Eye of the Tiger

AutobahnSHO

So I saw on the Maverick-forum an email that dealers received- certain options may hold up orders and some trucks may be pushed to the 2023 build window.

Wife went in, sure enough ours was on hold because of the luxury package. Nice of them to be on top of things... :rolleyes:

We dropped that so hopefully we'll get a truck. We lose heated steering wheel, full size spare, spray in bed liner, rear collision warning, radar cruise, lane centering, acoustic windshield, tow package.

Some of that doesn't matter, some I'm disappointed (auto driving stuff), others we may need to shop around for (towing & bed liner).
Will

Soup DeVille

Towing and bedliner should be fairly easy to install later.

Most likely, its the electronics in the auto cruise that's the actual hold up.

Ford would be smart to break up some of these packages and offer the features a la carte temporarily. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 01, 2022, 09:34:24 AM
Towing and bedliner should be fairly easy to install later.

Most likely, its the electronics in the auto cruise that's the actual hold up.

Ford would be smart to break up some of these packages and offer the features a la carte temporarily. 

They do for some of them. I just didn't want to mess with figuring out what we want. I'll just be happy to get a truck!
Will

AutobahnSHO

Oh and it's definitely the copilot stuff that was the hold up. They're available without luxury package and listed as the options customers should consider dropping.
Will

NomisR

I just realized that they have a Ford Ranger Raptor in other countries, I wonder if they would do a Ford Maverick Raptor..

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: NomisR on March 03, 2022, 10:01:35 AM
I just realized that they have a Ford Ranger Raptor in other countries, I wonder if they would do a Ford Maverick Raptor..

If they can ever meet demand I'm sure they will!
Will

CaminoRacer

I want a Maverick Raptor with a bored and stroked 4 cylinder rally engine tuned by Yamaha.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

So our local dealership called wife yesterday but she didn't have a chance to pickup, they left VM that they had a Maverick available. By the time she called back it was gone...
Will

NomisR

r0tor

I have to honestly say I was not impressed by this or the bronco at the local auto show.  It really felt every bit or more cheap as the price tag indicated.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on April 01, 2022, 07:30:41 PM
I have to honestly say I was not impressed by this or the bronco at the local auto show.  It really felt every bit or more cheap as the price tag indicated.

The Broncos are how much more?
A Civic or Corolla costs what nowadays?

The Maverick hybrid gets better mpg than a Civic hybrid for commuting, and is way more capable. I've never cared much at all about interior so I still really really really want one.

Still no word though...
Will

r0tor

The maverick may cost the same as a civic, but build quality is on a different planet from my brief time in them.  It's like buying an Impreza - there are massive cost cuts to deliver the package for the price.

The Bronco seemed pretty terrible to be honest.  I guess it's OK I'f you compare it to a woeful Wrangler, but a Defender is about the same price and pulls off a utilitarian design without seeming like it came from Walmart.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed