Electric Scooters

Started by FoMoJo, May 19, 2022, 09:45:37 AM

FoMoJo

These things are nuts...Two-Wheeled Terror

I'm tempted to get one.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 19, 2022, 09:45:37 AM
These things are nuts...Two-Wheeled Terror

I'm tempted to get one.

They have those things for rent all over Nashville. You just download the app, find a scooter lying on a sidewalk, and rent it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 19, 2022, 10:06:20 AM
They have those things for rent all over Nashville. You just download the app, find a scooter lying on a sidewalk, and rent it.
Fast ones?

The other day I saw a guy on one flying along about 70 kph in the midst of traffic.  It just looked a bit weird, but somehow compelling.  Wouldn't want to hit a pothole in one though.

Most I've seen are just piddling along in the bike lanes or sidewalks.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

NomisR

I think mine goes up to 18mph.. that thing is sketchy as fuck.  I don't trust it to go that speed with the tiny tires that it comes with, i wouldn't trust the ones that goes even faster.

Morris Minor

Tiny wheels are bad. The original Austin Mini (10" rims) used to drop into quite small potholes and rip itself to bits.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 19, 2022, 01:34:32 PM
Tiny wheels are bad. The original Austin Mini (10" rims) used to drop into quite small potholes and rip itself to bits.

It's easier to dodge potholes on a scoot, but yeah. Tiny wheels bad.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on May 19, 2022, 12:22:15 PM
I think mine goes up to 18mph.. that thing is sketchy as fuck.  I don't trust it to go that speed with the tiny tires that it comes with, i wouldn't trust the ones that goes even faster.

Dude 8 had my 72cc TaoTao up over 50 MPH. Scary? Yes.