Red #2

Started by AutobahnSHO, June 04, 2022, 03:45:32 PM

AutobahnSHO

Aaaand, it's ours!!!

Burgundy really, not red. We're not getting Maverick any day soon so pulled the trigger on a commuter car. 110k miles.

Will

Eye of the Tiger

Oh? Is that a little turbo one?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Solid choice to last you until the Mav shows up. Might be able to sell it for the same price you bought it for
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 04, 2022, 03:47:33 PM
Oh? Is that a little turbo one?

No. Just CVT. Goes loud and slow.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 04, 2022, 05:10:48 PM
Solid choice to last you until the Mav shows up. Might be able to sell it for the same price you bought it for

Well, I've never spent this much on a car before ($16k), we won't be doing Mav. We're going to pull our $500 deposit next week.

This gets almost the same gas mileage, can't do trucky things but Odyssey can tow about 45% more than hybrid Mav. We're saving a good $10k this way. May need a small utility trailer eventually.

Really just needed a commuter car, Mav checked so many boxes plus some. Ford just can't get stuff together. Sigh.
Will

veeman

Sorry about the Mav.  It seems from your posts your wife was really excited about having one.  FWIW my parents have a base model Mav and really like it.  To me the base model is the one that's a really good deal.  The only feature it should probably have but doesn't is cruise control which I almost never use anyways.

Anyways you have a great fuel efficient commuter car so congratulations on your new acquisition and it's good to have an actual color as opposed to the endless sea of white, silver, grey, and black cars.  I find people either love or hate maroon.  I like it.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on June 04, 2022, 10:01:47 PM
Sorry about the Mav.  It seems from your posts your wife was really excited about having one.  FWIW my parents have a base model Mav and really like it.  To me the base model is the one that's a really good deal.  The only feature it should probably have but doesn't is cruise control which I almost never use anyways.

Anyways you have a great fuel efficient commuter car so congratulations on your new acquisition and it's good to have an actual color as opposed to the endless sea of white, silver, grey, and black cars.  I find people either love or hate maroon.  I like it.

Thank you!!!  I was excited too, never bought a new car before and we have the money saved up. Some is maybe going into house floor upgrade...

Btw you just have to buy & install a steering wheel from an Escape and do a tiny bit of hacking to get cruise in the base model! 
Will

AutobahnSHO

So I'm driving to Maryland next week. Expect 38mpg in Civic, 25mpg in Odyssey.

That's a $352 difference, if gas is only $4/gallon. :mask:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

That's too bad about the Maverick, but Civic #Burgandy should easily beat 38 MPG highway. Also, race car.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Well first tank of highway averaged 36.5mpg. second got up to 38.2 until stupid DC traffic, 15-20mph stop and go on I-95 dropped me to 37.5mph. Those were at 77mph+ though.

Nice to go a long long way on only a 12 gallon tank!
Will

AutobahnSHO

The CVT is funny. Weird to never hear gear changes although it tries to simulate some.

And at 75mph on cruise on the SC hills to Columbia it's just cruising along all quiet like then you hear a prop plane trying to gain altitude. :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Drove about 1300 miles last week. Average 38mpg, better than my 29mpg in Miata, and the 15/25 we get in Odyssey. So comfortable and practical!

Red will be wife's commuter car though- she loves the keyless entry and start. I'll use Miata then Odyssey when weather is bad.
Will

veeman

That is amazing fuel economy for a non hybrid, gas ICE car.  My former TDI diesel polluting Beetle got 39 mpg and my current Veloster gets 29 mpg (manual transmission decreases it compared to automatic). 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on June 14, 2022, 10:37:36 AM
That is amazing fuel economy for a non hybrid, gas ICE car.  My former TDI diesel polluting Beetle got 39 mpg and my current Veloster gets 29 mpg (manual transmission decreases it compared to automatic). 

Yup!
When the interstate dropped to 65mph for construction I saw 44mpg on cruise. Then back up to 80mph dropped to 38mpg.

Driving to work and back on very hilly roads wife is getting 29mpg...
Will

AutobahnSHO

Wife drove home from work Monday and we get in a few minutes later and it wouldn't start. Take battery to O'Reilly's, they charge it and say it tests fine. Still no good. I buy jumper cables and it started right up from Scrappy. Take battery out again, it was from 2018.

It's the second battery I bought this month. (Scrappy has one too!) :facepalm:
Will