Cadillac Le Mans racer

Started by CaminoRacer, June 09, 2022, 11:48:36 AM

CaminoRacer

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/modern/2022/6/cadillac-reveals-le-mans-hypercar/

Cadillac has released the first details on its 2023 LMDh racer that will compete in both the IMSA Sportscar Championship and World Endurance Championship next year, including the Le Mans 24 Hours.

It marks a return to Le Mans after a 20-year absence for the American marque, as it joins Toyota, Alpine and Glickenhaus in the Hypercar class alongside BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Peugeot and Acura in what promises to be a resurgence at the top level of sportscar racing.

From these early images, the Project GTP Hypercar looks to be something of a continuation of Cadillac's current DPi-V.R machine which races in the IMSA series, but it is expected to evolve a great deal before its competitive debut next year.

The name itself refers to the two classes this new hypercar will compete in: GTP in IMSA and Hypercar in the WEC, so we might also see that change before it hits the track for the first time at the Daytona 24 Hours.

It will be powered by an all-new 5.5-litre V8 coupled to the standard LMDh hybrid system, and testing will begin imminently as Cadillac looks to get its new racer up to speed.

Chris Mikalauskas, lead exterior creative designer at Cadillac said: "The Project GTP Hypercar is a unique convergence of form and function and showcases Cadillac's future performance aesthetic.

"We have plenty more to come, from the upcoming race car to amazing production vehicles."

Speaking of Cadillac's return to Le Mans, GM sports car racing program manager, Laura Wontrop Klauser, said: "Competing for the overall win at Le Mans with an iconic American brand like Cadillac is an honor.

"The entire team is excited to continue building Cadillac's racing legacy by competing against the very best internationally and in the world's toughest race."

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

RomanChariot

I like the design. It is unmistakably Cadillac. I think the design language would also work well on a powerboat.

CaminoRacer

I think the uprights for the rear wing should be '59 Caddy fins
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

I'm not really into these types of cars, but that looks sweet!
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie