oilfilter

You mean, its an island?

93JC

Yup, it's on an island.

oilfilter

Hawaii, maybe Honululu

oilfilter

QuoteYup, it's on an island.
Yeah, but that island should technically belong to a continent, right?
;)  

93JC

QuoteHawaii, maybe Honululu
:lol:

It's Honolulu. Specifically it's 'Iolani Palace, the previous home of the Hawai'ian royal family.

93JC

Hawai'i is pretty hard to qualify, though, with respect to which continent it might belong to, since it's right in the middle of the Pacific. 'Oceania', perhaps.  

oilfilter

QuoteHawaii, maybe Honululu
:lol:

It's Honolulu. Specifically it's 'Iolani Palace, the previous home fo the Hawai'ian royal family.
From the statue, I guessed it was some royalty related bldg. And the US flag added to the clue. I'll start a new one in a few moments.

oilfilter

QuoteHawai'i is pretty hard to qualify, though, with respect to which continent it might belong to, since it's right in the middle of the Pacific. 'Oceania', perhaps.
For the GTPC, lets classify islands under continents to which they are politically affiliated: eg: indonesia-Asia, Hawaii-NA, Malta-Europe, etc. Only problem is strange ones like Cyprus..half Greek, half Turkish... :lol:  

93JC

QuoteFrom the statue, I guessed it was some royalty related bldg. And the US flag added to the clue.
It's the only palace in the US.

The statue is of Kamehameha I, King of Hawai'i from 1795 to 1819.

93JC

QuoteHawai'i is pretty hard to qualify, though, with respect to which continent it might belong to, since it's right in the middle of the Pacific. 'Oceania', perhaps.
For the GTPC, lets classify islands under continents to which they are politically affiliated: eg: indonesia-Asia, Hawaii-NA, Malta-Europe, etc. Only problem is strange ones like Cyprus..half Greek, half Turkish... :lol:
Like I said it's hard. Take Tahiti for instance: French island in the Pacific. Europe? Asia? Australia? Oceania?

oilfilter

Like I said it's hard. Take Tahiti for instance: French island in the Pacific. Europe? Asia? Australia? Oceania?
I agree..the polynesian ones are painful, but then again, dont use those because there is no chance that they have an distinctive features, and the game will never end.

In any case, if we take islands, then probably, its a good idea to give a decent clue, eg that it is something out of the caribbean, polynesian, central american etc. area.

93JC