GTPC #7

Started by oilfilter, July 31, 2005, 09:44:44 PM

oilfilter

This one is interesting. VERY distinctive, and cannot be confused with any other place on planet earth.

I'll give two pics, and you can derive your clues from those..

93JC

Wow. Interesting...

St. Petersburg? (Russia, not Florida ;) :P )

oilfilter

QuoteWow. Interesting...

St. Petersburg? (Russia, not Florida ;) :P )
Not Leningrad. Good guess though..

93JC

oilfilter

QuoteMoscow?
Nyet, Tovarich.

93JC

Hmm.... Volgograd? (Stalingrad?)

oilfilter

The second pic should give you a good clue...if you look carefully.

oilfilter

QuoteHmm.... Volgograd? (Stalingrad?)
Not Stalingrad. You have the right approach, but you are guessing in the wrong geographical area... ;)  

93JC

Hmm... I suppose it would help if I recgonized the building in the first picture, but I don't.

The second picture is what made me think it's Russian (or, at the very least, communist), as I can see the man holding a hammer and the woman holding a scicle...

Beijing?

oilfilter

QuoteHmm... I suppose it would help if I recgonized the building in the first picture, but I don't.

The second picture is what made me think it's Russian (or, at the very least, communist), as I can see the man holding a hammer and the woman holding a scicle...

Beijing?
Like I said, your approach is correct.
Not Beijing.

The first pic btw, is that of a hotel. (more about it after the game ends).

93JC

oilfilter

QuoteShanghai?
No.
Do you want another pictorial clue?

93JC

oilfilter

The script should be a dead giveaway...

93JC

oilfilter

QuotePyongyang?
Correct!! It is Pyongyang.

The first pic is that of the RyuGyong hotel, the construction of which was started in the late 80s or so, but never completed because the DPRK went broke. It was supposed to be a showcase project, with 100+ floors or something...:rolleyes:

The second pic is that of the Juche Tower ('Juche'='Self reliance' philosophy of the DPRK). It was built as a 'gift' to Kim Il Sung for his b'day sometime in the early 80s.

I have to get back to work now. If you start a new thread, I'll play for a few more mins..  

93JC

Interesting stuff. :)