GTPC #11

Started by oilfilter, July 31, 2005, 11:57:31 PM

oilfilter

Identify the city in which this beautiful complex is located..

93JC

oilfilter

93JC

Really? I just made a wild guess! :lol:

The architecture looked similar to the ruins at Angkor Wat, and I couldn't think of any Cambodian cities, so I thought of the closest city, and the first thing that popped into my head was Bangkok. :lol: :lol:

oilfilter

QuoteReally? I just made a wild guess! :lol:

The architecture looked similar to the ruins at Angkor Wat, and I couldn't think of any Cambodian cities, so I thought of the closest city, and the first thing that popped into my head was Bangkok. :lol: :lol:
The pic is that of the Wat Phra Kaeo, the Temple of The Emerald Buddha, in the royal  Great Palace complex of Bangkok. Beautiful, isnt it?

Good line of reasoning, the way you made an educated guess.

The Angkor Temple complex at Siem Reap has been in ruins for quite few centuries, so that would have been quite obvious. And, in more recent times, the object of attention for archaelogical thieves who steal sculptures, parts of the temple etc and sell it on the international art black market. :angry:  :angry:

I plan to visit Angkor Wat in December if time permits...

93JC

QuoteBeautiful, isnt it?
Very. :)

As for the pillaging of Angkor Wat: not surprising at all. People have been profiting from the rape of archaeological sites for centuries. :(