Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Eye of the Tiger

I didn't even know this was a thing. Marketing fail, Dodge.

https://youtu.be/HbxJW1Dxpxc
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

r0tor

There is also an Alfa version called the toenail
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FoMoJo

An unfortunate sequence of events...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

That would be absolutely terrifying.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2023, 02:16:59 PM
That would be absolutely terrifying.

Honestly, I'd be too confused to be terrified.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 28, 2023, 02:42:00 PM
Honestly, I'd be too confused to be terrified.
The funny thing about accidents, the terror doesn't appear until afterwards.  Unfortunately, I don't think that the driver survived.

CaminoRacer

FoMoJo

Eye of the Tiger

I saw the video of that. Pretty nuts.

r0tor

I thought cars flying like that was only possible ina video game
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on March 28, 2023, 07:06:32 PM
I thought cars flying like that was only possible ina video game

+1

Plus I find it HILARIOUS how the tire keeps rolling and hits them again....
Will

giant_mtb

The driver of that truck must be in quite the stressful situation now. Not like he did it on purpose, but...shit.

r0tor

CaminoRacer

Maybe I should write a grad school thesis on the inelastic demand of Dodge Demons.

r0tor

It really astonishes me that it seems like no other OEM is even looking at the 150k charger/challenger sales a year in the US and a trying to compete... Instead heading in the direct opposite direction with trucks and EVs

We are talking about a car that came out in 2006 with only cosmetic changes and some performance spin offs since and was already on an expired chassis in 2006 when it debuted.  Nobody thinks they can do better or compete with that?  It sells better than many brands total sales figures combined.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: r0tor on March 29, 2023, 09:19:36 AM
It really astonishes me that it seems like no other OEM is even looking at the 150k charger/challenger sales a year in the US and a trying to compete... Instead heading in the direct opposite direction with trucks and EVs

We are talking about a car that came out in 2006 with only cosmetic changes and some performance spin offs since and was already on an expired chassis in 2006 when it debuted.  Nobody thinks they can do better or compete with that?  It sells better than many brands total sales figures combined.
I was just saying this a friend who has a rental Hemi Challenger!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

veeman

Quote from: r0tor on March 29, 2023, 09:19:36 AM

I'm wondering how many of those Charger sales are for police departments.  Maybe 10%?

You can also include the Chrysler 300 in that lumping. 

GM's Camaro doesn't have a useable backseat and you can't see out of the car anyways.  Ford has the Mustang which is actually the only "car" they sell.

r0tor

I haven't seen any police departments probably for the last 5-20 years buying chargers anymore... Mostly Fords

giant_mtb

Quote from: r0tor on March 30, 2023, 06:53:46 AM
I haven't seen any police departments probably for the last 5-20 years buying chargers anymore... Mostly Fords

Around here, Chargers are still the default sedan for PDs with larger fleets that can have both SUVs and sedans. So, the State Police, County Sheriffs, larger cities.

The smaller, local PDs are all SUVs (Tahoe, Explorer, occasional Durango) since they only have 2-3 vehicles and just want a good all-arounder.

CaminoRacer

Utah highway patrol still uses Chargers but all the departments seem to use Explorers and F-150s.

Laconian

Looks like a fun and practical car. The Wrangler XJ ought to be scared.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

Should be branded as a Mustang and then it could rival the epic Chevy SSR!

Eye of the Tiger

No top up pics? Probably looks bad.

r0tor

...checking calendar date....

Eye of the Tiger

...reticulating splines...

AutobahnSHO

Speaking of though, Ford should build a removable roof version of the Maverick! The Bronco lets you remove some pieces....
Will