Need big truck: TUNDRA

Started by Eye of the Tiger, February 09, 2023, 05:27:21 AM

Eye of the Tiger

This throttle response is still annoying. I can't keep it steady over bumps. It needs a heavier spring or something.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

C&D reviewed what is essentially my truck, but mine is a standard cab.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15147032/2007-toyota-tundra-4x4-double-cab-sr5-57l-v-8-long-term-road-test/
I'm surprised I didn't see anything about the touchy throttle. Maybe I just don't know how to drive. I don't feel like spending $300 on a Pedal Commander, but it exists.

giant_mtb

I must just be used to it.  I've never felt it to be overly sensitive, and I've driven a lotta different Toyotas...though I do generally drive with a pretty light foot as it is.

Eye of the Tiger

I drive a lot of cars for my job, and none of them are this bad. TUNDRA just has so much torque off idle, and the ride is rough enough on these crappy roads that I have a hard time keeping my foot steady. I've been using the big toe to take off smoothly.

Eye of the Tiger

I just put in Husky Liners floor mats, and I swear they help smooth out the throttle. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

I don't know why I'm looking at wheels, but these are so ridiculous that I like them:

Eye of the Tiger

TUNDRA feels like a tall personal luxury coupe. It eats up highway miles like nothing, as long as I feed it plenty of gasoline.

r0tor

Get some really tiny truck nutz to hang so your truck looks bigger
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on March 27, 2023, 04:13:08 PM
Get some really tiny truck nutz to hang so your truck looks bigger

Yo, this thing is already massive. Everything about it is jumbo sized. I feel inadequate standing next to it.

Eye of the Tiger

It happened already. Someone had to borrow my truck because it's a truck.

Oh, and he complained about the touchy throttle response.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 16, 2023, 07:05:38 PM
:muffin:

I'm used to it now, but it took a few weeks.

I drove my Sienna 4 years and hated that stupid twitchy throttle the whole time.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 16, 2023, 08:01:01 PM
I drove my Sienna 4 years and hated that stupid twitchy throttle the whole time.

Big toe :lol:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

ANY time in Sienna we had the wheel turned at a stop light or sign, or if there was a little sand or dirt on the roadway meant 50/50 one wheel was going to spin.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 17, 2023, 05:42:44 PM
ANY time in Sienna we had the wheel turned at a stop light or sign, or if there was a little sand or dirt on the roadway meant 50/50 one wheel was going to spin.

Imagine the same throttle response with 381 HP in a RWD pickup. TUNDRA's traction control is operated regularly, and I really don't mean to. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

So I removed the tailpipe. The flange behind the muffler was just rusty enough to be loose. Now it just dumps in front of the axle. Still quiet. Maybe I'll just leave it like this.

Eye of the Tiger

It's weird that TUNDRA still feels like a rented appliance. I love it, though.

Eye of the Tiger

The understeer is real. Maybe I'm crazy, but I want to try a big rear swar bar. My poor front tires.

You cannot view this attachment.

Eye of the Tiger

SVT_Power

How hard are you driving that damn thing  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 04, 2023, 09:52:59 PMHow hard are you driving that damn thing  :lol:

It is my right as an American to use all 381 horse power whenever I want.

SVT_Power

Surprised that's enough to move TUNDRA with you in it... :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

TUNDRA will soon be commuting 60 miles/day for the foreseeable future. It just got some bright ass LED reverse lights, and some dim ass amber plate lights. Last week I did front and rear differential oils. Spark plugs and transmission fluid coming soon. Transfer case oil, too. It is the same as the diffs, but I ran out.

I can't afford to upgrayyed the stereo, yet. I have a $500 Pioneer picked out, and I don't want to settle for a cheepo garbage. I'll be filling up the 6-disc CD changer with classics.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 06, 2023, 09:11:57 PMSurprised that's enough to move TUNDRA with you in it... :lol:

Blow it out your ass. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Was bored at work, so I installed an air horn on TUNDRA. HONK!

Eye of the Tiger

I love my turd

You cannot view this attachment.

AutobahnSHO

Will

giant_mtb

That gen looks great in RCSB form. Haven't seen a newer-gen RCSB Tundra yet. Gotta wait for the next generation of old people to buy one.