The Official Mustang Thread

Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 06, 2007, 08:08:31 AM
With cams and a dyno tune the 01 Cobra will hit 400 hp.  With long tubes and exhaust, intake, MAF, throttle body and plenum, CAI, cams, and dyno tune 450 hp is not out of the question.  Or you could just supercharge it for 500 hp.

I guess there are some naturally aspirated purists (like Farris, for example.  You can tell he's a BMW person... ;) ), but I'm not one of them, though that does sound great.  However, I must say I am a much bigger fan of turbocharging than supercharging, though. 

Although, as I said in my other thread where I tossed around the idea of buying an 01 Cobra, I really love the spoiler in the 03/04, but the one on 01/02 isn't to my taste. 

That's a lot of fucking power.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

The '01 is a better deal to me.  You can buy one for less then half the price of the '03 Cobra and you can then modify it to be as fast or faster then the '03 Cobra without much trouble and for a lot less money then buying the '03..

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 06, 2007, 08:26:17 AM
The '01 is a better deal to me.  You can buy one for less then half the price of the '03 Cobra and you can then modify it to be as fast or faster then the '03 Cobra without much trouble and for a lot less money then buying the '03..

Oh, it definitely is a better deal.  And I'm sure even stock they're plenty fun to drive.  I just wish they got better gas mileage...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9470.msg471261#msg471261 date=1181140093
Oh, it definitely is a better deal.? And I'm sure even stock they're plenty fun to drive.? I just wish they got better gas mileage...
I'm not worried about gas mileage in a Mustang.

Ron From Regina

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9470.msg471261#msg471261 date=1181140093
Oh, it definitely is a better deal.? And I'm sure even stock they're plenty fun to drive.? I just wish they got better gas mileage...

The milage isn't as bad as people would have you think. I get signifigantly better highway and city milage than my wife does in her jeep (3.7L)

Raza

Quote from: Ron From Regina on June 06, 2007, 11:45:25 AM
The milage isn't as bad as people would have you think. I get signifigantly better highway and city milage than my wife does in here jeep (3.7L)

Highway old EPA is 25mpg.  I was hoping for at least 30 in my next car.  It's not awful, just not where I need to be for a daily commuter.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on June 06, 2007, 11:46:53 AM
Highway old EPA is 25mpg.  I was hoping for at least 30 in my next car.  It's not awful, just not where I need to be for a daily commuter.
What thread are you talking about?  I must have missed it  :huh:......
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on June 06, 2007, 12:23:12 PM
What thread are you talking about?  I must have missed it  :huh:......

My new car search.  I had one earlier where I took suggestions, and then one where I refined it into a short list.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Nethead on June 06, 2007, 09:58:31 AM
NACar:? Sorry, that item isn't available without a mullet.
Press 1 for mullet sales
Press 2 for mullet installations
Press 3 for mullet warranty coverage
Press 4 for mullet returns
If you need assistance, please stay on the line and an operator will ignore your call in the order in which it was received...

I'm going to cut my hair tomorrow. I already promised my dad I'd scrub down the bathroom this week, so I might as well cut my hair before I do so.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on June 05, 2007, 03:01:10 PM
Yes, I'd like a 2003/4 Mineral Gray Mustang Cobra coupe, please.  That's to go.  No pickles.

Ah, yes.  Quite.

Damn, I think that's an 01/02.

That car is BEAUTIFUL!  I love those 'Stangs soooo much, perhaps even more than the new ones.

What about this thing?? Too flashy?

I'm willing to put my money down that this thing will still easily eat up a GT500 on the track,? heck probably a GT500KR as well.? Didn't C&D pull over 1G with this Mustang?

good engine bay too.

Raza

Yeah, I like the Cobra R; I just wouldn't spend the money it commands for one.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Lots of cars have engine bays.  :rolleyes:

giant_mtb

Quote from: NACar on June 06, 2007, 05:19:10 PM
Lots of cars have engine bays.  :rolleyes:

...but very few have good ones.  Most of them are crammed so full you wonder how they even engineered it all to fit under the hood in the first place. 

SVT666

TheIntrepid

This thread needs more of another muscle car...

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

And I just reported your post, Trep.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 06, 2007, 05:21:54 PM
...but very few have good ones.? Most of them are crammed so full you wonder how they even engineered it all to fit under the hood in the first place.?

My Esteem's engine bay is half empty... so I guess it's a good engine bay!  :P

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on June 06, 2007, 06:29:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

giant_mtb

Quote from: NACar on June 06, 2007, 06:29:17 PM

Less is, indeed, more!

LonghornTX

Quote from: 565 on June 06, 2007, 05:09:00 PM

What about this thing?  Too flashy?

I'm willing to put my money down that this thing will still easily eat up a GT500 on the track,  heck probably a GT500KR as well.  Didn't C&D pull over 1G with this Mustang?

good engine bay too.
Oooohh, I love the Cobra R.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on June 06, 2007, 04:10:16 PM
My new car search.  I had one earlier where I took suggestions, and then one where I refined it into a short list.
Oh cool.  What did you decide on?  Is the thread still going?

JYODER240

Quote from: Nethead on June 06, 2007, 11:38:03 AM
sportyaccordy:? SportyDude, we once bought a new Accord.? Of all the new cars on the planet Earth, only a new 1974 Plymouth Duster could out-piece-of-shit that pus-sucking Accord.? Alas, at the time, we had to keep that scrotumleech Accord for a tragic seven years--four full years after it went to complete shit.? ?

And to add insult to injury we had narrowed down the automotive finalists to an Accord or a Celica.? We picked the Accord because it could meet emissions standards on regular gasoline whereas the Celica required unleaded gasoline to meet emissions standards.?

What a sucks-the-pus-out-of-the-scabs-on-the-hemorrhoids-of-a-venereal-maggot's-hairy-asshole mistake that was!

I occasionally see that year Celica on roads today, but I've not seen that year of Accord on the road for going on fifteen years.? If we had bought the Celica, we'd be enjoying it today.? Come to think of it, I see even more Mustangs of that year on the roads today than I see Celicas of that year.?

"But when I think of that Accord (you never see one on the roads anymore, and that's a good thing), I feel like Honda just sat down and said

"Hey, we need a larger Civic. And it's gotta be cheap. OK...semen-breathed, cock-sucking, asshole-licking, CVCC motor... check. What kind of brakes do we want?? How 'bout those cheapo rotors that will warp before the owners have had them four years...cool... argh, won't fit in front, so let's go with even cheaper rotors that will warp before the owners have had them just three years... go with trashy fake felt seat upholstery, but DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY on cloth or high-class vinyl... alright... we'll leave the rest up to marketing. And make sure it's costly so if it flops the owners won't have the money to ditch these pieces of shit when they fall apart three years after taking delivery..."

Lo and behold... it was a hit.? Costly, crude, and slow like a well weathered '74 Plymouth Duster.? But to be totally fair, the '74 Duster was at least cheap, crude, and slow."

That turd-swallowing CVCC engine burned so much oil we had to get a crop-dusting license to legally drive it in Southern Californa for the last two years that we were afflicted with that cesspool on wheels.? I poured two bottles of Engine Honey into the crankcase when I went to trade it, as well as two tubes of Aluma-Seal into the radiator to seal the leaks around the pulley shaft of the second or third water pump it had to have put in it.? I admit, the horn was still working fine when we traded it!? Even with two bottles of Engine Honey helping seal its pathetic piston rings, the utterly uninterested salesman at the Mercury dealership on Harbor Boulevard told us he couldn't allow us very much on a car he could see the cloud of smoke approaching over a block ahead of when he could see the actual Honda struggling underneath that cloud.?

Did I mention that our former Accord sucked?

Any you accuse the GTO faithful of being touchy :confused:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on June 06, 2007, 09:58:41 PM
Oh cool.  What did you decide on?  Is the thread still going?

I've got a short list, but no decision yet.  Any decision I make today won't mean anything, since there's still a year before I need to pull the trigger. 

Here's the original thread:

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=7982.0

And here's the thread where I started to refine it a little:

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=8703.0

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 06, 2007, 05:03:27 PM
That car is BEAUTIFUL!  I love those 'Stangs soooo much, perhaps even more than the new ones.

I really love that color on that generation Mustang. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

I believe the Cobra R would quite handily take a GT500 on a track, but the GT500 would be faster in real world driving due to the super stiff suspension on the Cobra R.

Raza....In that body style I like the Mach 1 best and the Cobra and Bullit after that.  I have found low mileage Bullitts in the $16 - 21K range and Mach 1s in the $21 - 30K range (most around $25K), but Cobras are well over $30K for the most part.  All in CDN dollars of course...oh wait, that would be almost the same now. :ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 07, 2007, 01:30:21 PM
I believe the Cobra R would quite handily take a GT500 on a track, but the GT500 would be faster in real world driving due to the super stiff suspension on the Cobra R.

Raza....In that body style I like the Mach 1 best and the Cobra and Bullit after that.  I have found low mileage Bullitts in the $16 - 21K range and Mach 1s in the $21 - 30K range (most around $25K), but Cobras are well over $30K for the most part.  All in CDN dollars of course...oh wait, that would be almost the same now. :ohyeah:

The Mach 1 did look great, but I love the IRS in the Cobra models.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

If I was going to buy a Mustang from that generation, it would be a Mach 1 or a 2001 Cobra for the simple reason that the '03-'04 Cobras are too expensive.

MidnightDave

Mine and a few others from Charlotte Auto Fair...

Hey, how did this get in here?  :evildude:
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 07, 2007, 03:23:14 PM
If I was going to buy a Mustang from that generation, it would be a Mach 1 or a 2001 Cobra for the simple reason that the '03-'04 Cobras are too expensive.

The 01 Cobra is what I'd take from those two.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i