2021 BMW 4-Series Coupe Brochure Leaked Ahead Of June 2 Reveal

Started by cawimmer430, June 01, 2020, 11:31:01 AM

cawimmer430

WTF is going on at BMW? If this thing were a person it would be some gold chain-wearing cocaine-snorting drug addict in 1980s Miami.  :facepalm:

2021 BMW 4-Series Coupe Brochure Leaked Ahead Of June 2 Reveal

As most of us were enjoying the weekend, images from what appear to be the official brochure of the new 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe appeared on the Germancarforum revealing the car's profile and topic-inducing front end with the tall kidney grilles. The brochure also shows the available exterior colors that includes among others, green and orange shades. [Updated 5/31/2020]

-Updated post follows below-

Previously, BMW officially confirmed that the all-new 4-Series Coupe would make its digital premiere this Tuesday, on June 2, 2020. It had attached a darkened teaser of the coupe's front end with the oversized double kidney grille which we had first seen on the Concept 4 last year at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

The large kidney grille design has already been leaked several times, but we reckon it goes way better with an M3 or an M4, as opposed to something like a 420i Coupe. Luckily we don't need to wait too long in order to find out if we're right or not.

Like the latest 3-Series, the 4-Series is also based on the carmaker's CLAR platform, sharing its entire engine range with its more practical sibling. However, BMW claims that the 4 Series' chassis has been tuned to deliver significantly sharper handling characteristics while at the same time, offering "excellent" comfort levels on everyday drives and long journeys thanks to the double-joint spring strut front axle and five-link rear axle configuration.

Aside from your usual four- and six-cylinder gasoline and diesel units, that will include the M440i xDrive Coupe, powered by a turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six cylinder engine rated at 374 PS (369 HP) and featuring 48-volt mild-hybrid technology, the 4-Series Coupe could also get a PHEV version. Then there's the M4 variant, which will borrow the X3 M and X4 M's 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine.

As for the 4-Series' interior, it will feature the exact same driver-oriented dashboard design and layout as the 3-Series, meaning a dual-screen setup (gauge cluster and infotainment), central air vents and a three-spoke steering wheel. There will of course be less room in the back, seen as how this is a traditional two-door Coupe.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/2021-bmw-4-series-coupe-teased-will-be-unveiled-on-june-2/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Do they expect us to "get used" to that ugly front end.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MX793

Taking a page out of the Lexus style handbook is never a good idea.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Raza

Awful. The current 4 series is a good looking car, this is terrible.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

veeman

I always liked that particular shade of metallic green on BMWs posted as a color option on the original link.  Don't often see it in the US, but it's a head turner the rare times I see it. 

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

veeman

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 04, 2020, 09:36:57 PM
Actually I really like it

Yeah, I'm not getting the hate for the front end styling. It looks good.  Everyone is doing a massive oversized grill these days; well except for Tesla.  At least the grill doesn't extend above the edge of the front of the hood. 

FoMoJo