Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

SVT_Power

Quote from: MX793 on November 08, 2017, 02:50:13 PM
I'm lucky to get a ride in past the end of September.  Between frequent rain, cooler temperatures, and lots of leaves on the ground (nothing like hitting a blanket of wet leaves while leaned over in a blind turn to put an end to your riding season), it's just not worth it.  I did get in a short ride on a freakishly warm and sunny late October day this year, right before a major rainstorm rolled in.  That was probably the latest into the season I've ever ridden.

I live in the city so leaves are not a concern fortunately
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Leaves are great at hiding shit on the trail, too.  Nothing like hitting a root or rock you couldn't see because of leaf carcasses.

12,000 RPM

I just want to get some practice in the parking lot in. Any warm weekend will do
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 08, 2017, 04:12:33 PM
I just want to get some practice in the parking lot in. Any warm weekend will do

Practicing what?

giant_mtb

I'm so bored of whips. 

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 08, 2017, 04:28:04 PM
Practicing what?
Track day body positioning.... I want to do knee down figure 8s in a parking lot

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 12, 2017, 01:14:07 PM
Track day body positioning.... I want to do knee down figure 8s in a parking lot

Ahhhh gotcha. 

Speed_Racer

Today was probably the last official ride of the season. This thing is ridiculously fun.

giant_mtb

Finally took the time to fill the tank and Sta-bil it today. It's been sitting out in the cold for at least a month, fired right up on the first electric kick.  Holy shit this thing sips fuel. Idled it for 5-7 minutes, putzed around the yard in the snow for kicks and to get the stabilized gas into the carb, shut the petcock off...5 minutes later it's still idling on the stuff in the fuel line 😅

MX793

I can remember seeing guys at the MX races when I was a kid who'd forget to turn their fuel petcock on before starting a race.  They'd roll up to the start line, fire up the bike, rev it a bit on the line for 2 minutes or so, take off at full throtlle, and make it to, or sometimes just past the first turn (so maybe 75-100 yards) before their bike would die.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

Yuuuuuup.  I've done that...had the choke on to start it, then take off with the fuel off, turn the choke off, and halfway down the block I'm like wtf I swear I have gas... :lol:

Also, light snow makes me really want a 4 wheeler. I think that'll be my next powersports purchase.  Much more suitable for hauling camping gear and shit.  I'd also like to upgrade bikes, but at the same time, I don't. Mostly because I never want to sell this 230.  It's too reliable and (cheap) fun.  I never have to touch it outside of wear items like tires, brake pads, and oil. Needs a new rear next season, and I'm gonna put a new front on just because I made a mediocre choice given the terrain I ride. I've beat the shit out of it and gone places a 230L has no business going, but it tractors on, which is what I like.  Might be slow, but I love blowing people's minds with it. 80% rider, 20% bike amirite?

Side by sides are out of my price realm, but they'd make even better long haul camping rigs.  Some day.

giant_mtb

There's almost no such thing anymore as a dirtbike/dual-sport you have to do absolutely nothing to outside of an oil change once a year besides a good ol' air cooled Honder or similar.  I've only changed spark plugs out of vanity.  The 10 year old spark plug that was in it would probably still be chooching...I carry it with me as a backup.

CaminoRacer

I should probably check my plugs. And finally get around to the valve check. Been on my to-do list for like 6 months.

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 13, 2017, 06:19:01 PM
I should probably check my plugs. And finally get around to the valve check. Been on my to-do list for like 6 months.

I should probably do a valve check since that was supposed to be done a couple thousand miles ago, but meh. :lol:

CaminoRacer

I've been lazy because I know most bikes are fine until at least 20k miles.

12,000 RPM

Carbon fiber S1000RRRRRR... excited to see BMW moving forward with mass production CF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4j6sAsSexA

giant_mtb

A ZR1 is too much for you, though? :lol:

jk, that's a sweet frackin' bike.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 13, 2017, 06:39:19 PM
Carbon fiber S1000RRRRRR... excited to see BMW moving forward with mass production CF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4j6sAsSexA
IB got one already! He's living the life.....

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 13, 2017, 06:41:56 PM
:lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 13, 2017, 06:41:56 PM

jk, that's a sweet frackin' bike.
I would kill myself on this thing. The tech is cool though... and it puts its power down without overheating :lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 14, 2017, 08:55:50 AM
I would kill myself on this thing. The tech is cool though... and it puts its power down without overheating :lol:
:deadhorse"
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Xer0

So I was just casually browsing Honda's Moto website and they sell a 200K super sport now?  Kinda cool. 

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Xer0 on November 17, 2017, 10:56:07 AM
So I was just casually browsing Honda's Moto website and they sell a 200K super sport now?  Kinda cool. 

Lol - direct quote from their site:

"Few of us will ever get to experience a machine like this. Fewer will ever be able to ride it to its full potential."

12,000 RPM

It's an OEM supported road legal MotoGP bike.... $200K for that is a bargain, though. Only problem is it's limited to 100HP on the street as I'm guessing that's the only way they could get it to pass emissions and noise regs. But the "track only" power kit will get you right.

Or you could just spend 1/10th that and get the new V4 Ducati

12,000 RPM

I love this- Katana concept

They should be more adventurous with the headlight though. Some kind of LED array mimicking the point of a blade

Speed_Racer

Low to mid 60s for rest of the week and weekend, looks like I'll get a few more rides in this season after all

giant_mtb

Quote from: Speed_Racer on November 22, 2017, 10:28:31 AM
Low to mid 60s for rest of the week and weekend, looks like I'll get a few more rides in this season after all

Nice.

giant_mtb

Our local hard enduro race is now officially part of the championship circuit. :praise:

http://enduro21.com/index.php/extreme/2847-usa-gets-an-extreme-enduro-championship-for-2018

For 2018 the AMA have grouped together the RevLimiter Extreme Enduro, Mad Moose Hard Enduro, Last Dog Standing and Tough Like RORR to form their state championship.

giant_mtb

when ur snowblower has a bigger engine than ur dirtbike.

...and it's only 254cc.  :rastaman: