Cadillac CT6 Flagship to Make Debut: March 31st 2015 at NYIAS / Latest Caddy Updates

Started by Atomic, February 07, 2015, 05:51:38 PM

Atomic

CADILLAC NAME GAME CHANGE NEWS SHOULD HELP AVOID CONFUSION. FINALLY!

Per Automotive News:

SIMPLER NUMBERAULPABETIC MONIKERS WILL BEGIN WITH NEW THE ALL NEW GENERAL MOTORS CADILLAC EXCLUSIVE* 2016 RWD AND RWD-BASED AWD MERCEDES-BENZ S-CLASS AND BMW 7-SERIES SEDAN COMPETITOR:

The Cadillac CT6

NEW NAME FORMAT FROM THE INCEPTION OF THE CT6, TO EACH NEW VEHICLE "REDESIGN" OR REPLACEMENT OR POSSIBLY AN "ALL AT ONCE" OR MORE "GRADUAL" UNVEILING...

From Car & Driver: Some of These Changes, etc. Link, Below

http://blog.caranddriver.com/cadillac-ct6-will-use-a-plethora-of-aluminum-dealerships-to-be-updated/

NOTE: Conflicted reports as whether to change the highly recognizable Escalade nameplate... Few insist...

CT (eg, CT6, CT4) FOR ALL CARS AND XT FOR TRUCKS / SPORT UTILiTY VEHICLES AND CROSSOVERS

Carscoops, February 7, 2015:

Confirms "Official Reveal" of The CT6 for March 31, 2015, at North American Internation Auto Show (NAIAS) in New York, NY, a.k.a., New York International Auto Show (NYIAS) 2015  :ohyeah: I am there during 'Spinner's annual meetup to see it! ~ Atomic

*Model not to be shared with any other division, yet could serve as platform for other high end Cadillacs

Atomic

Thank you, Journalist, Patrick George for your information, including yet another highly respected source confirming the saloons debut date...

Direct Quote from Mr. Patrick George
Below*

The Twin-Turbo Hybrid Cadillac CT6 Flagship Will Debut On March 31

Cadillac has big plans to take over the world, and the first salvo in that campaign is the upcoming CT6 luxury sedan. We'll see it in about two months and change, right in time for the New York Auto Show.

That comes from the Detroit News' David Shepardson, who on Twitter quoted Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen as saying the CT6 will appear on March 31.

So what do we know about the CT6 so far? A fair amount. It will debut Cadillac's new "CT" naming system for its cars and "XT" for its SUVs. It will actually be lighter than the current CTS, and powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 with a hybrid plug-in setup. It will be rear-wheel drive, and we're banking on something like 400 horsepower.

​The Cadillac CT6 Will Weigh Less Than The CTS, Get Twin-Turbo V6

The CT6 has to compete in rarified air, and Cadillac is filling it with every technology it can...

Read more

It's going to make liberal use of aluminum and new manufacturing techniques, which results in it being some 50 pounds lighter than the CTS despite being eight inches longer and packing a battery for the hybrid system. We'll see some other new tech here too, like a streaming camera instead of a rearview mirror, although that may not make it to production due to U.S. safety regulations.12

(Update: And the CT6 will be Cadillac's flagship, at least kind of, until maybe some even bigger and more expensive flagships come out, possibly to be called CT8 or CT9. There's a lot going on at Cadillac these days.)

Despite the odd name, the CT6 sounds like it will be pretty interesting. Will it help lift Cadillac's sales fortunes?

We'll find out for sure when it goes on sale in December...*

Italic print not working...

Uninterrupted comments from asterisk-to-asterisk, complete report from Patrick.

Atomic

The CT6 with current Escalade chassis is said to be the new "face" of the next Presidential Limouise being readied for the upcoming 2016 Inauguration of the next Commander in Cheif / President of the United States of America. An interested tidbit in what little is revealed about the U.S. leader's top secret primary mode of ground transportation.

12,000 RPM

We will see about this. Caddy has been pumping this thing up to be God. We will see if they make good. They need about 4 SUVs more than this. Its madness
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Atomic

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 07, 2015, 06:48:40 PM
We will see about this. Caddy has been pumping this thing up to be God. We will see if they make good. They need about 4 SUVs more than this. Its madness

It was my understanding that nothing else will be based on the "Cadillac only" platform yet it is cited somewhere that it will share GM's Omego underpinnings.

:huh:

Atomic

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on February 07, 2015, 06:49:56 PM
Can't wait to see it!

Same here. I am glad that it will be replace any of the division's existing models but fit into the lineup and at the up.

Atomic

TOPSPEED INCLUDES MANY NEW NAMES TO EXPECT, ALL REGISTERED BY CADILLAC
"CADILLAC CT6 PHOTO ALBUM"

Link, Below...

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadillac-ct6/ke4935.html

Atomic

I see, Cadillac is dropping prices of the 2015-MY CTS with shoppers and media complaining it is priced too high. Not good for cars previously or for residual value but that should boost sales of Caddy's relatively new sedan.

New Article

Below, February 13, 2015

Submariner

Offering what appears to be a V6 only (at least initially) is an interesting move.  I think there is a reason that most of the luxo-bardges I see on the road are V8's.  The only time I see 6-cyllinder flagships (at least in NYC) is when they have "TL&C" plates on the back - i.e. chauffeured cars.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Submariner on February 11, 2015, 09:55:39 AM
Offering what appears to be a V6 only (at least initially) is an interesting move.  I think there is a reason that most of the luxo-bardges I see on the road are V8's.  The only time I see 6-cyllinder flagships (at least in NYC) is when they have "TL&C" plates on the back - i.e. chauffeured cars.
I feel like the only people buying those flagships in NYC are TL&C operations

This market is dying out. More silliness from Cadillac. They need an SRX replacement that doesn't look like an origami vaginal dodgeball.

veeman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 11, 2015, 11:16:42 AM
I feel like the only people buying those flagships in NYC are TL&C operations

This market is dying out. More silliness from Cadillac. They need an SRX replacement that doesn't look like an origami vaginal dodgeball.
[/

Agree they need to replace the SRX.  "Origami vaginal dodgeball" is not something I'm familiar with but the Lexus RX destroys it.  It's not even a competition.

r0tor

Using "6" in the name designation for your luxury flagship is a dumb decision... People automatically assume its inferior to the German "7" and "8" cars.

They should have made it the CT9 to show the germans up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SJ_GTI

Quote from: r0tor on February 12, 2015, 09:03:09 AM
Using "6" in the name designation for your luxury flagship is a dumb decision... People automatically assume its inferior to the German "7" and "8" cars.

They should have made it the CT9 to show the germans up

But why give the Germans the window to then "one up" Cadillac?

Make it the CT∞

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Atomic

Quote from: Atomic on February 09, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
I see, Cadillac is dropping prices of the 2015-MY CTS with shoppers and media complaining it is priced too high. Not good for cars previously or for residual value but that should boost sales of Caddy's relatively new sedan.

New Article

Below, February 13, 2015

Source: Carscoops

Cadillac Has a Hard Time Selling ATS and CTS Sedans

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 1:22 pm | Posted by Dan Mihalascu

Cadillac's ATS and CTS aren't too good at convincing people to choose them over German premium sedans. Dealers throughout the United States are offering significant discounts on the two sedans. In some cases, the 2014 Cadillac ATS is offered with up to $12,000 off a sticker price that starts at about $33,215.

The situation is similar with the 2014 CTS, which is offered with a discount of up to $17,500 from the starting price of $45,345. According to a report from Reuters, dealers have been asking for Cadillac incentives for a long time.

What this says is Cadillac's strategy to rival BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the luxury sedan market doesn't appear to be working. Drivers of German luxury sedans aren't willing to switch to Cadillac.

A part of the problem is that the ATS and CTS are overpriced and overproduced, according to analysts. Cadillac has been trying for more than a year to reduce inventories of unsold ATS and CTS sedans, even stopping production at the Lansing, Michigan, plant in mid-December for six weeks.

When it reopened on January 26, the facility that builds the ATS and CTS was reduced to a single shift and a significantly diminished production schedule. Despite all these measures, Cadillac and its dealers still had about four months' worth of unsold CTS sedans and six months' worth of unsold ATS sedan at the end of January.

In January, ATS sales dropped 8 percent from a year ago, while CTS sales plummeted by 24 percent. Cadillac doesn't have the same problem with its SUVs, especially with the Escalade. January sales of the big luxury SUV were up 149 percent, with GM's truck factory outside Dallas, which builds the Escalade and long-wheelbase Escalade ESV, running on three shifts and working weekend overtime for months to try to keep up with demand.

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 12, 2015, 09:49:23 AM
Or give it a real name and stop this nonsense.

From a business standpoint, names are much more difficult to deal with. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

The only product that still has a name is the one they can't build quick enough

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

CTS for $32K is a pretty good deal

Wonder how cheap ATS 2.0Ts are going for. I would still rather a 335 at full price though

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on February 13, 2015, 01:37:04 AM
From a business standpoint, names are much more difficult to deal with. 

True.

But it's a better brand identity, unless you're one of the original German companies to use alphanumeric. Now it's just copying to be "cool". And lazy.

hotrodalex

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 13, 2015, 09:31:24 AM

Wonder how cheap ATS 2.0Ts are going for. I would still rather a 335 at full price though

I want an ATS-V so bad.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 13, 2015, 09:31:24 AM

Meh, I would guess those numbers are overstating the affordability. If you could really get a new CTS for 32k they would be flying out of dealers.

Notice that say they reported maximum incentives, and then give the starting price of those cars. I would guess to get incentives that high you would have to be buying a top of the line model with tons of features.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Athleticism isn't what people in that market want. Nor is it what can be delivered in something longer than a damn Escalade :facepalm:

Pls get this right Cadillac; GM can only float your failures for so long.

68_427

Only somewhat related but the CTS at the lcoal auto show had a Navy Blue interior.  :wub:
'racecar is die'
no