Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

giant_mtb

Bought a 2005 Tacoma.  TRD Sport.  V6, automatic.  New (recall) frame.  Nice and clean, runs good, everything works, drives straight and tight.  :cheers:

Eye of the Tiger

It is time to remove the for sale sign, eh? It is a pretty truck.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

The picture of the interior was taken when I first saw it on the side of the road.  All the other pictures were taken today.  :ohyeah:

ifcar

Congrats! What will be the next license plate pun? "TACO" wouldn't have the same subtlety as the past combination.

CJ

Get rid of those tail lights and steering wheel cover.  They're both terrible. The headlights look great.

giant_mtb

Quote from: CJ on May 22, 2015, 09:32:21 PM
Get rid of those tail lights and steering wheel cover.  They're both terrible. The headlights look great.

How am I supposed to drive it on the street with no tail lights??

giant_mtb

Quote from: ifcar on May 22, 2015, 08:30:01 PM
Congrats! What will be the next license plate pun? "TACO" wouldn't have the same subtlety as the past combination.

Thanks!  Not really sure...haven't thought of anything worthwhile yet.  TACO would be a bit lame, indeed.  I have 'til mid-August to decide. :lol:

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT666 on May 22, 2015, 10:18:57 PM
Sweet truck.

Thanks!  I like it so far.  Can't wait to take it on some adventures.

BENZ BOY15

The interior looks to be in very good shape. Nice ride for the UP.

Quote from: CJ on May 22, 2015, 09:32:21 PM

The lights look fine to me.

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 22, 2015, 10:03:04 PM
How am I supposed to drive it on the street with no tail lights??

Hand signals.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: Submariner on May 22, 2015, 10:14:06 PM
TACOETR

:facepalm:

That's one of the stupidest license plate ideas I've heard of. I don't live there but I'm willing to venture a guess that there aren't too many tacos being made and eaten in the UP. Even if that were the case and they happened to be his favorite food, it would still be dumb.

Perhaps it would make sense on some level in that case, but even still...it's corny as hell.

ifcar

A corny joke is a subtle relation to the taco theme.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

thewizard16

Nice looking truck. :ohyeah: Congratulations! I agree with your plan to remove the blocks (a little jacked up is okay, but it looks a little odd right now) and I'd agree with Clay that replacing the taillights at some point is not a bad idea, the current ones are a little strange.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT666

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on May 23, 2015, 01:45:49 AM

That's one of the stupidest license plate ideas I've heard of. I don't live there but I'm willing to venture a guess that there aren't too many tacos being made and eaten in the UP. Even if that were the case and they happened to be his favorite food, it would still be dumb.

Perhaps it would make sense on some level in that case, but even still...it's corny as hell.

Tacomas are often referred to as "Taco".

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT666 on May 23, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Only because the last three letters fall off. Tells you something about the build quality, for sure.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: SVT666 on May 23, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Well that's news to me. I know that a lot surfer bros who own Tacomas but I've never heard them referred to in that way. Even if I had, it wouldn't change my opinion.

It's a nice ride either way.

giant_mtb

Quote from: thewizard16 on May 23, 2015, 07:27:35 AM
Nice looking truck. :ohyeah: Congratulations! I agree with your plan to remove the blocks (a little jacked up is okay, but it looks a little odd right now) and I'd agree with Clay that replacing the taillights at some point is not a bad idea, the current ones are a little strange.

If I felt like finishing off the look, some 35s and some nice black wheels thay give it a little offset would be really sweet. But this is a DD.  I don't want 35s on my DD and I'm not huge into offroading, so theres no need for me.  Perhaps I can get new wheels later on...the ones on it were beginning to corrode. Previous owner painted them a bit.  But if I did, I'd still stick to a stockish tire, especially if I removed the lift.

giant_mtb

The guy also gave me an HID bi-xenon kit with it, including bulbs and ballasts. I'm guessing the guy he bought it from had it wired up in the silly tinted lens headlights before the frame was replaced.  Might rig it up and see if it's any good.

AutobahnSHO

"YOTA"
or "OYO"
or "OFFRD RICE"

:lol:

Anyway, I like it.
Will

giant_mtb

Limit is 7 characters. 

I dunno, with the Audi and LOTR, it was a pretty unique combination. But all of the Toyota and Tacoma jokes are already out there. What could actually be subtle?  Something outside of TACO and TOY and such?

BENZ BOY15

I wonder if Toyota will keep making the Tacoma bigger or if they've maxed out. It'll be interesting to see what happens going forward with that and the Tundra.

The original Tacoma was too cramped, IMO.

Lebowski

Nice, I have always liked the Tacoma.  And I like tacos.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 10:52:55 AM
Limit is 7 characters. 

I dunno, with the Audi and LOTR, it was a pretty unique combination. But all of the Toyota and Tacoma jokes are already out there. What could actually be subtle?  Something outside of TACO and TOY and such?

Maybe something with UP in it that isn't necessarily to do with the name Tacoma. At least there it gives you 5 other characters to work with.

I was going to say UP Detail but that's one letter too many.

AutobahnSHO

Will

giant_mtb

I believe these are the tail lights. Smoked altezzas.  All the blinkers currently have LED bulbs, so they blink fast 'cause nobody wired in a resistor or bought ones that introduce load.  That'll be my first purchase...new blinker bulbs.

MODS.

http://www.protuninglab.com/lt-tac06g-tm.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=56128534817

CALL_911

Quote from: Lebowski on May 23, 2015, 10:56:49 AM
Nice, I have always liked the Tacoma.  And I like tacos.

Yea same

2004 S2000
2016 340xi