My first bike!

Started by SVT_Power, February 15, 2016, 09:02:25 PM

Cookie Monster

Your boots will be fine in the rain. Same with gloves. Hands are easy to dry.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CaminoRacer

I'd just try to reschedule.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 31, 2016, 10:05:30 AM
I'd just try to reschedule.

Fuck that. You've got a bike to ride, Ed!

If you're worried about your jacket, just put some Frog Toggs or a rain coat over it. Just know that you're going to get fucking hot since you're not going to be going fast (unless it's freezing cold out).

Make sure your hands are warm, but it doesn't matter if they're wet. Wet hands don't decrease dexterity. If your boots aren't waterproof, you can wear plastic bags on the inside so your feet at least stay dry.

You'll be fine, though. People make way too big of a deal out of riding in the rain.
RWD > FWD
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT_Power

Quote from: Cookie Monster on March 31, 2016, 10:12:14 AM
Fuck that. You've got a bike to ride, Ed!

If you're worried about your jacket, just put some Frog Toggs or a rain coat over it. Just know that you're going to get fucking hot since you're not going to be going fast (unless it's freezing cold out).

Make sure your hands are warm, but it doesn't matter if they're wet. Wet hands don't decrease dexterity. If your boots aren't waterproof, you can wear plastic bags on the inside so your feet at least stay dry.

It's a high of 40F on Saturday, and 32F on Sunday.

I don't think I'm gonna be overheating too badly  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

12,000 RPM

Bro u are gonna be miserable.... I would reschedule

Even if u stay dry ur gonna be cold.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT_Power

I have enough room to fit a thin sweater under my jacket so I'm not too worried about being cold, although I'm not sure how my fingers will feel being at that temp all day
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 31, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Bro u are gonna be miserable.... I would reschedule

Even if u stay dry ur gonna be cold.
Hush Up Sporty! You know us Black Folk get cold too easily!!!!  :lol: But yeah your gonna freeze your ass off.......
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 31, 2016, 08:09:40 PM
I must be black. :lol:
Your credit score just dropped 100pts......   :lol:

CaminoRacer

SVT_Power

Picked up a pair of Oxford waterproof gloves with a little bit of insulation in them - they're labeled as "summer" gloves but if I wore these in the summer my hands would be drenched. Also picked up a light windbreaker from Walmart for $20 that'll fit over my leather jacket in case it does rain.

Either way, the forecasts (I've been checking 5 different sites :lol:) have changed and more or less converged to this:

Saturday morning - little to no precipitation
Saturday afternoon - minimal precipitation
Sunday morning/afternoon - chilly (just below freezing) but no precipitation

So I think with a little bit of luck, rain/snow shouldn't be any issue. Just gotta deal with the cold.

SVT_Power

Survived day 1!

Spent most of the day on a Grom (Groms and CBR125's made up most of the bikes available, with a couple of standards and a single CBR250). That thing requires pretty much no learning curve, just hop on and go.

CaminoRacer

Sell Ninja and keep the Grom

SVT_Power

Lovely, feels like -15C/5F this morning. This should be fun...

SVT_Power

Well, got a perfect score on the test on EZ mode (on the Grom).

Just gotta go to the licensing centre and get my license tomorrow woot. Then get insurance and pick up the bike whenever it's warm enough.

12,000 RPM

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CaminoRacer

Gotta-Qik-C7

SVT_Power

Well called the shop to arrange picking up my bike, and was told they're so backed up the earliest I can pick it up is the 19th. I don't know why they need SO much time to just change the fluids and whatever they do before they hand the keys over, but nothing I can do about it.

At least hopefully it'll be consistently warm by then, it's still snowing today.

MX793

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 06, 2016, 12:18:22 PM
Well called the shop to arrange picking up my bike, and was told they're so backed up the earliest I can pick it up is the 19th. I don't know why they need SO much time to just change the fluids and whatever they do before they hand the keys over, but nothing I can do about it.

At least hopefully it'll be consistently warm by then, it's still snowing today.

New or used?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

Bicycle shops are similarly booked up in spring and don't even have time for quick stuff.

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

Supposed to find out tomorrow if there's any chance I can pick up the bike this week sometime. Supposed to be a gorgeous weekend so would be awesome...

SVT_Power

Yee having a lucky afternoon.

Picked up a pair of almost new Dainese kevlar jeans for cheap off a local forum d00d.

Then went to the shop to find out all the registration/certification paperwork is done, they just need to go to the ministry and pick up my plate. They're gonna try to do that this afternoon, otherwise first thing tomorrow morning.

I might actually be bringing the bike home today  :rockon:

Gotta-Qik-C7

SVT_Power

Well finally brought it home tonight.

Here she is next to my neighbor's Brutale and 650R

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CaminoRacer

Dope.

How was the ride home?

12,000 RPM

Yea how was the maiden voyage bro