Hidden lights

Started by AutobahnSHO, April 09, 2016, 02:14:17 PM

AutobahnSHO

Ford introduced a lightbar that goes inside the car....   Uhoh!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/04/09/ford-police-interceptor-lights/

Will

ifcar

Hidden lights aren't that new. I think the main difference is that it's coming that way from the factory.

But with two spotlights and steel wheels, it still looks like a police car.

giant_mtb

Visor lighting isn't new. I've seen plenty of unmarked vehicles with it in my life. Why do they have to call things new when they aren't.

Gotta-Qik-C7

The bigger issue is the new Explorer Intercepters come with HID headlights!  :rage:  Usually when I see HIDs coming up in my rearview I rule them out a Johnny Law.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: ifcar on April 09, 2016, 02:31:21 PM
Hidden lights aren't that new. I think the main difference is that it's coming that way from the factory.

Yup. Which means more and more of them will be slightly harder to spot.
Will

MaxPower

Few police cars around here still have exterior light bars, just one department has a handful.  Marked cars or not, with rising gas prices the drag-inducing light bars have gone away.  Even the thin LED bars have some penalty, which adds up when the cars are on the road as much as they are.  Some agencies use volunteer firefighter type center windshield lights, but the visor light bar has become very popular.

280Z Turbo

The spinny red light is a Michigan State Police tradition. It also makes them easier to spot. I hope they're not getting rid of it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 10, 2016, 08:46:11 PM
The spinny red light is a Michigan State Police tradition. It also makes them easier to spot. I hope they're not getting rid of it.

They're not.

They just got a new model of it made for them.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 11, 2016, 05:00:08 AM
They're not.

They just got a new model of it made for them.

Fun!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 10, 2016, 08:46:11 PM
you can spot them a mile away!!!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Byteme

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 09, 2016, 03:45:30 PM
Visor lighting isn't new. I've seen plenty of unmarked vehicles with it in my life. Why do they have to call things new when they aren't.

That they are installed when the car is built and integrated into the design from the get go is new.  An article I read said they blocked much less of the upper windscreen than the aftermarket units, a factor for taller drivers.

12,000 RPM

They are getting trickier and trickier down here. Down here civilian cars have white plates and cops have yellow plates. Cops also usually have light bars. I was on my bike yesterday and I saw a blue Taurus with white plates.... but it had hubcaps, and flashers in the rear window. I look closer, dude has a laptop mounted like a cop. Someone followed him too close and he flashed his lights. He came out of my neighborhood. I'm not feeling that shit.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

dazzleman

I've seen unmarked police cars with the lights hidden in their grill.  They used to be all.over the place where I used to.live.  I was still able to spot them.  I knew their license plate numbers by heart at the time, and I never got pulled over by one of them.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 28, 2016, 12:53:28 PM
They are getting trickier and trickier down here. Down here civilian cars have white plates and cops have yellow plates. Cops also usually have light bars. I was on my bike yesterday and I saw a blue Taurus with white plates.... but it had hubcaps, and flashers in the rear window. I look closer, dude has a laptop mounted like a cop. Someone followed him too close and he flashed his lights. He came out of my neighborhood. I'm not feeling that shit.

Just stick to the speed limit and you'll be okay.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on April 29, 2016, 08:10:18 AM
Just stick to the speed limit and you'll be okay.

If going above is OK for him it is for me too. He did 80-85 the whole way through 55-65 zones.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 29, 2016, 10:13:43 AM
If going above is OK for him it is for me too. He did 80-85 the whole way through 55-65 zones.

They'll quote some BS that they are allowed to go x mph over....
Will

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 29, 2016, 10:13:43 AM

Police officers are given special training that allows them to be above the law, and that is why they should never be held accountable for breaking it. Follow the law, bow to anything a police officer says, never question authority unless you are on the Internet, and you will live a successful life.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

My views on cops are slowly morphing into Raza's.  Fuck da POLICE :lol:

Seriously, just use Waze and stay away from them.  That's what I do.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on May 01, 2016, 11:49:39 AM

What happened?  Any particular reason for the change?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

:ohyeah:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CALL_911

+1

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MrH

Quote from: dazzleman on May 01, 2016, 01:24:25 PM
What happened?  Any particular reason for the change?

Girlfriend's coworker's husband is a cop.  He just reinforces everything I dislike about most cops.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Morris Minor

Cop cars lights are now so eye-searingly bright that they bring traffic to a halt for miles. Pull someone over for a routine stop on the freeway and gridlock ensues as people traveling in both directions jam on the brakes to take a look at the major incident that isn't.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși