Almost ran over some dude today.

Started by shp4man, August 26, 2016, 01:22:05 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 15, 2016, 07:43:07 AM
+1

I scared some idiot adult cyclist (fixie?) in DC who was riding against traffic. I was turning left had green but had to wait, finally traffic parted enough to go, I gunned it and then had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. I was in an old Voyager which had terrible brake bias and no ABS, I was always locking the rears. Luckily the tires screeched really awesomely and idiot biker visibly flinched.

----------------- -------------------------- --------------------------------

I almost hit a soldier this morning. Even the lame lighter "digital" camo is meant to not reflect light, I turned left and this dummy was running in the center turn lane headed towards my lane, barely saw him and was able to slow down. Lucky for him it's a 25mph road, if it was faster I would have tagged him.

What? No PT belt? Isn't that a flogging or something?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 15, 2016, 09:59:27 PM
What? No PT belt? Isn't that a flogging or something?

:lol:  He was in duty uniform, not PT uniform.

(It ASTOUNDS ME how many people every morning are not in PTs...)
Will

Raza

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 16, 2016, 04:42:47 AM
:lol:  He was in duty uniform, not PT uniform.

(It ASTOUNDS ME how many people every morning are not in PTs...)

What's the difference?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on September 16, 2016, 09:06:19 AM
What's the difference?

PT uniform is basically workout clothes, just standardized into a uniform. The belt is a reflective Bing like school safety patrol used to wear, but that depends on where it is and what base and everything (that may no longer be true I guess).
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 16, 2016, 12:43:52 PM
PT uniform is basically workout clothes, just standardized into a uniform. The belt is a reflective Bing like school safety patrol used to wear, but that depends on where it is and what base and everything (that may no longer be true I guess).

Ah.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on September 16, 2016, 09:06:19 AM
What's the difference?

Sorry, by duty uniform I meant camouflage with hat and boots.

PT uniform is meant for workouts:

nevermind the sarcastic descriptions, the Duffel Blog is like the military "onion"
(the stripe on the jacket, the lettering on the shirt and shorts, are reflective)

and the newer version (old is being phased out in the next couple years)

And he's the infamous PT belt in action:

*** We're required to wear a PT belt in any unform when dark in some places (on base) such as Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq...
Will

Rupert

Kind of defeats the point of the camo, doesn't it?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rupert on September 18, 2016, 05:03:41 PM
Kind of defeats the point of the camo, doesn't it?

Yup.  But in some areas the risk of getting run over by a retard driver is worse than getting shot by bad guys.  It's mostly the big bases where the PT belt is worn, mocked, scorned, and  hated...   :mrcool:

(Fun military trivia: more allies were killed by "accidents" than the enemy during the first Gulf War...)
Will

sparkplug

if you walking beside the road, you need a hat with a blinking yellow light on top of it, and wear one of them neon yellow glow in the dark shirts.

Edit - Don't back over the person you hit.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sparkplug on November 07, 2016, 10:00:37 PM
if you walking beside the road, you need a hat with a blinking yellow light on top of it, and wear one of them neon yellow glow in the dark shirts.

Edit - Don't back over the person you hit.

or, don't walk
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)