Ramen

Started by Eye of the Tiger, February 01, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

What is the best Ramen? Also state your favourite flavour.

Nissin Top Ramen, "Oodles of Noodles"
2 (20%)
Maruchan Ramen
6 (60%)
I don't eat Ramen and I am a Communist
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on February 03, 2017, 10:38:22 AM
But no front door.  Customers have to come in from the back entrance.

"Customers please use back door for Pho King."
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 03, 2017, 10:39:26 AM
"Customers please use back door for Pho King."

We can open up with a special free meal coupon, and ask customers to leave just the tip.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Back Door Pho King

"Yes we have ATM"
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on February 03, 2017, 10:40:38 AM
We can open up with a special free meal coupon, and ask customers to leave just the tip.

"For a limited time only! Just give us the tip, and get a great deal at Pho King! (Please use rear entrance)"
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Lebowski

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2017, 06:12:04 PM

Uh, Nongshim Shin Ramyun. Definitely the best.

http://www.nongshimusa.com/our-products/meal-noodle/shin-ramyun

They make men cry.

I just order some on Amazon after this endorsement.

Laconian

It's good shit. Crack an egg into the pot while it cooks, even better.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on February 03, 2017, 02:57:10 PM
It's good shit. Crack an egg into the pot while it cooks, even better.

I crackin egg while it cooks, and add frozen peas to the bowl - they cool it down and cook at the same time. Such genius  :praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

I just had ramen at a Japanese restaurant, I was less than whelmed. Seemed like they just dressed up a couple packages of Top Ramen, except the broth wasn't as good.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Laconian

Quote from: Rupert on February 03, 2017, 09:19:52 PM
I just had ramen at a Japanese restaurant, I was less than whelmed. Seemed like they just dressed up a couple packages of Top Ramen, except the broth wasn't as good.

Pho >>> ramen

I have a friend that orders the one menu item with every fucking cow part in it. Tendon, tripe, crunchy connective tissue stomach, eyeball, penis, ichor... Looks nasty. I'll stick to my steak strips.

Rupert

I like both, and I have had good ramen and good pho... but this is Pendleton, and there aren't like a whole lot of non-white people food restaurants here. :P
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Laconian

giant_mtb

We have a strangely large number of Asian cuisine places.  Off the top of my head, I can think of six. No chains. They actually outnumber the "Italian" restaurants...and no, we don't have an Olive Garbage.

Xer0

It looks like this will be unpopular opinion in this thread, but ramen over pho for me.  The reason are numerous; ramen is actually pronounced how its spelled, Naruto and Goku both love ramen, and ramen tends to be creamier and I think meatier (umami-er?) tasting than pho. 

Although I won't say no to either.

Laconian

Were you one of the DBZ kids that tried REALLY HARD to do ki blasts with your friends?

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on February 03, 2017, 06:52:04 AM
I want to open a pho restaurant named Pho King. 

A place within 10 minutes walk from my apartment:

The food sucks though, at least by my asian standards  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on February 03, 2017, 09:36:58 PM
Pho >>> ramen

I have a friend that orders the one menu item with every fucking cow part in it. Tendon, tripe, crunchy connective tissue stomach, eyeball, penis, ichor... Looks nasty. I'll stick to my steak strips.

I usually get the "special" wherever I go.

Usually has steak + tendon + brisket + tripe
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Xer0

Quote from: Laconian on February 03, 2017, 10:44:03 PM
Were you one of the DBZ kids that tried REALLY HARD to do ki blasts with your friends?

There's no need for pasted tense here; I'm still that kid.  Every morning starts with a kamehameha in the shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eye of the Tiger

Xer0

GTFO.  DBZ is that hardcore shit.  Pokemon is for children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupert

Quote from: Laconian on February 03, 2017, 10:04:18 PM
Panda Express?

No, we aren't big enough for that chain. This is just a local place. There is actually a reasonable sushi place here too.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on February 04, 2017, 12:08:11 PM
No, we aren't big enough for that chain. This is just a local place. There is actually a reasonable sushi place here too.

I wouldn't eat much sushi that far inland. Maybe salmon.

Rupert

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 04, 2017, 12:16:14 PM
I wouldn't eat much sushi that far inland. Maybe salmon.

Nah, you can get reasonable sushi anywhere now. It's frozen fish of course, but a lot if not most sushi fish even on the coast is frozen. You also never want to eat freshwater fish raw (salmon counts if you catch it in a river I think).

giant_mtb

Yeah, people often forget that fish gets flash frozen out on the boat right away as it is.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 04, 2017, 12:25:54 PM
Yeah, people often forget that fish gets flash frozen out on the boat right away as it is.

Yup, that's true. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on February 04, 2017, 12:23:39 PMYou also never want to eat freshwater fish raw (salmon counts if you catch it in a river I think).

Why?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

Different types of bacteria live in each environment. Saltwater bacteria in fish aren't that bad, but not so with freshwater bacteria in fish. The other part of that is saltwater fish are, as we know, flash frozen most of the time, which kills bacteria, but not freshwater fish.

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on February 04, 2017, 01:54:31 PM
Different types of bacteria live in each environment. Saltwater bacteria in fish aren't that bad, but not so with freshwater bacteria in fish. The other part of that is saltwater fish are, as we know, flash frozen most of the time, which kills bacteria, but not freshwater fish.

Hmm.  I had no idea.  Thanks!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i