VW T-Roc Coming To Europe And US To Challenge The Nissan Juke

Started by cawimmer430, March 20, 2017, 09:24:46 AM

cawimmer430

Looks better than the Juke at least...

VW T-Roc Coming To Europe And US To Challenge The Nissan Juke

Ever since it was officially presented in Geneva three years ago, the Volkswagen T-Roc Concept has served as a topic for many reports.

In keeping with the SUV boom, the German automotive giant will give customers what they want, and following the launch of the Tiguan Allspace and Atlas, the time has come for a smaller VW SUV.

Gunning for models like the Jeep Renegade and Nissan Juke, the Volkswagen T-Roc will hit the assembly lines with optional AWD in a few months time, according to AutoNews, arriving in the European market as early as this August.

The decision is official and the automaker's chiefs have also agreed to launch it on this side of the pond as well in 2019, following the company's 650 local retail partners verdict. "It was only yesterday that we decided on an additional SUV for 2019", said the VW brand chief Herbert Diess last week, who also confirmed that the small SUV will go on sale in both North and South America.

Diess' comment comes approximately one year after the former VW dealer chairman, Alan Brown, told the same publication that the T-Roc is extremely popular, and it would be a pity if it doesn't get the production volume that it deserves.

"Everybody loves T-Roc, everybody. The only concern is whether it's going to be priced outside of market, where it wouldn't do the volume that it deserves to do."

Details such as where Volkswagen will assemble the T-Roc are still undecided, but there are three possible scenarios - the Chattanooga plant, the Puebla facility in Mexico, or importing it from their European factory in Portugal.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/vw-t-roc-coming-to-europe-and-us-to.html

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

The Juke and Renegade aren't two-doors -- guaranteed for a tiny niche regardless of the great potential.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on March 20, 2017, 09:32:32 AM
The Juke and Renegade aren't two-doors -- guaranteed for a tiny niche regardless of the great potential.

This is still a concept, so the production version may come with 2- and 4-doors.  ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

They really think they're going to make any money selling some two-door "coupe utility" thing?

veeman

If they are able to sell it at the same price point as a Subaru Crosstrek, Nissan Juke, etc it'll sell well because it looks better than them (at least the pics above do).  Coupe only will definitely hurt sales but I still think it'll sell as long as they price it right.

2o6

VW likes making impractical concepts to show future design trends. This production car will have four doors.

2o6

IN FACT

Will be built in Spain, next to the VW Sharan minivan.

2o6

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on March 20, 2017, 03:34:58 PM
VW likes making impractical concepts to show future design trends. This production car will have four doors.

Sadly, the only design trend showcased in the production rendering you posted is "tall Polo."

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: ifcar on March 20, 2017, 04:07:08 PM
Sadly, the only design trend showcased in the production rendering you posted is "tall Polo."

Seems to be the standard.

tall Impreza
weirdly-styled tall Nissan thing
etc...
Will

Payman

Dammit this 4-door everything thing. I want a 2-door GTi version.  :rage:

MX793

The production car looks nothing like the concept.  The concept could have been made into a 4 door while still bearing some resemblance.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Tave

I agree, the concept looks very "productionable." Looks amazing too. And oh my is that a removable top?

The production car looks like a little turd. Do not want any part of that, no point over a Tiguan or Alltrack.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ifcar

Quote from: Tave on April 16, 2017, 09:52:43 AM
I agree, the concept looks very "productionable." Looks amazing too. And oh my is that a removable top?

The production car looks like a little turd. Do not want any part of that, no point over a Tiguan or Alltrack.

Presumably a lower price and better fuel efficiency, just like the advantage of any manufacturer's smaller car over its larger one.

Tave

Quote from: ifcar on April 16, 2017, 06:48:08 PM
Presumably a lower price and better fuel efficiency, just like the advantage of any manufacturer's smaller car over its larger one.

Except they already switched it from the Up! platform to the MQB. It'll be the SWB Tiguan with fresh bodywork. Will probably sticker for ~22.5K. You can smell this thing coming from a mile away.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

2o6

Quote from: Tave on April 18, 2017, 11:53:54 AM
Except they already switched it from the Up! platform to the MQB. It'll be the SWB Tiguan with fresh bodywork. Will probably sticker for ~22.5K. You can smell this thing coming from a mile away.

MQB underpins B-E segments. It's modular. The Next Up! will probably be on the MQB chassis.

Also, the US Tiguan is longer, and has a 3rd row option.

Also, all of these stupid things retail for this price, sadly.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Xer0

Quote from: 2o6 on March 20, 2017, 03:42:55 PM
Also, VW says not til 2019.

:rolleyes:

Explains the Tiguan Limited being in production for a least a year or two.

12,000 RPM

SKODA! Looks like a Skoda. Not in a good way.

I feel like we are at an all time low for character in mainstream car design. The market is starving.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 25, 2017, 05:39:32 AM
SKODA! Looks like a Skoda. Not in a good way.

I feel like we are at an all time low for character in mainstream car design. The market is starving.

That Skoda looks pretty good. 

If you clamor for character, you end up getting hideous.  Like the Nissan Puke or most everything Honda and Toyota make nowadays.  Car designers don't understand the difference between head turning because you want to look at it and head turning because you don't want to get vomit on your shoes.  It's all the same to them.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

That Skoda and this TRoc look about 14 years old. But even that is unfair, because around that time VWAG was in a design stride with Audi (OG TT, B5 A4, C5 A6) and VW (all the MK4 cars, B5 Passat). They took a lot of risk on design and made it a priority... it paid off. They need to do that again. This is bad
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 25, 2017, 08:10:02 AM
That Skoda and this TRoc look about 14 years old. But even that is unfair, because around that time VWAG was in a design stride with Audi (OG TT, B5 A4, C5 A6) and VW (all the MK4 cars, B5 Passat). They took a lot of risk on design and made it a priority... it paid off. They need to do that again. This is bad

You're nuts.