Cleaning up Vomit

Started by 2o6, April 01, 2017, 10:07:38 AM

2o6

It finally happened. One of my Lyft passengers vomited in my car. Didn't have the courtsey to throw up on himself or on the floorpan, but threw up on the passenger front door and seat.

Any tips for cleaning?

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Nasty.  :lol:

But maybe this will help!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=82TaYfx0ics
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Time is of the essence. Vacuum that shit up and use some carpet cleaner on it.  General degreaser will work for plastics.

2o6

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 01, 2017, 11:51:03 AM
Time is of the essence. Vacuum that shit up and use some carpet cleaner on it.  General degreaser will work for plastics.

I put down a shit ton of baking soda. I cleaned a lot of it out, but It was the last ride of the night. It was 3AM.

cawimmer430

Is Lyft something like Über?

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 01, 2017, 04:31:02 PM
Is Lyft something like Über?

Yes. Main competitor here in the US. (I drive for both)

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 02, 2017, 11:08:37 AM
Is that legal? :lol:

Why wouldn't it be?  It's a part-time gig and I doubt either has contracts that include "no compete" clauses.  No different than having part-time jobs at both McDonalds and Burger King.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on April 02, 2017, 11:53:49 AM
Why wouldn't it be?  It's a part-time gig and I doubt either has contracts that include "no compete" clauses.  No different than having part-time jobs at both McDonalds and Burger King.

I had to ask because here there would probably be some bullshit law/clause which prevents you from working for competing businesses at the same time.

Germany is strict with stuff like this. In the US for example you can mention your competitors in your advertising and tell everyone how much better your product is than theirs. In Germany that is illegal.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Oh, and Über has not caught on here because it's A) competition for taxi drivers, and B) you need a Personenbeförderungsschein (literally means "Person-Driving-Permit") if you are going to commercially chauffeur people around.

Theoretically I need to have a Personenbeförderungsschein if I am say driving my mom to the supermarket and back home...  :facepalm:

That's Germany for you.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 03, 2017, 03:31:36 AM
Oh, and Über has not caught on here because it's A) competition for taxi drivers, and B) you need a Personenbeförderungsschein (literally means "Person-Driving-Permit") if you are going to commercially chauffeur people around.

Theoretically I need to have a Personenbeförderungsschein if I am say driving my mom to the supermarket and back home...  :facepalm:

That's Germany for you.  :lol:

It's the same in NY State, minus the City.  I think most places in the US require a Livery License to be a cab driver, limo driver, or chauffeur.  I have yet to figure out how these ride sharing services get around that, legally.
Needs more Jiggawatts

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on April 03, 2017, 04:44:12 AM
It's the same in NY State, minus the City.  I think most places in the US require a Livery License to be a cab driver, limo driver, or chauffeur.  I have yet to figure out how these ride sharing services get around that, legally.

Yes, it is the same situation here. Technically I would need one of those permits if I am driving my car with passengers from A to B. In a way all of these laws make things so complicated, and as you can see they still end up having loopholes.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

It's important to make the distinction between carrying passengers and being a car for hire (driving people around vs being paid to drive people around).  It's illegal in NY for me to be paid to drive people around without having the correct licenses and permits.  It is perfectly OK for me to give someone a lift someplace or carpool with coworkers provided I am not being paid to do so.
Needs more Jiggawatts

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on April 03, 2017, 10:36:36 AM
It's important to make the distinction between carrying passengers and being a car for hire (driving people around vs being paid to drive people around).  It's illegal in NY for me to be paid to drive people around without having the correct licenses and permits.  It is perfectly OK for me to give someone a lift someplace or carpool with coworkers provided I am not being paid to do so.

Yep, and I believe the same laws applies here. It's all about doing it commercially or doing it privately.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 03, 2017, 03:25:37 AM
I had to ask because here there would probably be some bullshit law/clause which prevents you from working for competing businesses at the same time.

Germany is strict with stuff like this. In the US for example you can mention your competitors in your advertising and tell everyone how much better your product is than theirs. In Germany that is illegal.

No driver is "employed" for Lyft/Uber. You're an Independent contractor, so you can do whatever you want. I primarily drive for lyft, however.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on April 04, 2017, 12:08:47 AM
No driver is "employed" for Lyft/Uber. You're an Independent contractor, so you can do whatever you want. I primarily drive for lyft, however.

Awesome.

How are most of the people that you give rides to? Chatty? Nice? Creepy?

I wouldn't mind playing taxi driver, but it would never work here on a commercial basis. Too many laws...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 04, 2017, 01:20:10 AM
Awesome.

How are most of the people that you give rides to? Chatty? Nice? Creepy?

I wouldn't mind playing taxi driver, but it would never work here on a commercial basis. Too many laws...

Most people are generally nice, I typically drive at night on weekends - ex bar runs. Most people I get are tipsy or happily drunk and I'm driving them from bar to bar, or from the bar back home. Every now and again I'll drive during the day.

It's not bad for a side gig to make some extra money every week.

I've had a few run ins with a couple bad passengers, but most everyone is kind.

2o6

Quote from: MX793 on April 03, 2017, 04:44:12 AM

It's not as big of a hurdle as it used to be. Many states and municipality, as well as insurance companies are making legal room to accommodate "ride sharing". It's been a boon to really help curtail drunk driving and accidents.

In Ohio, you used to have to have a "P2P" (peer to peer) license to drive passengers, but it was only $100, and a one time fee. The state ruled this unconstitutional, so as of Jan 2016, you don't need much anything.

I think you still need the P2P license to drive special needs people - I know a few people who drive MRDD and other special needs people.

My insurance actually has a special policy that covers my ridesharing for only a few dollars more than regular insurance. It's a hybrid business/personal insurance, and actually this company (Erie Insurance) insured me cheaper than what I was paying for regular insurance at Geico.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on April 04, 2017, 09:26:46 AM

Most people are generally nice, I typically drive at night on weekends - ex bar runs. Most people I get are tipsy or happily drunk and I'm driving them from bar to bar, or from the bar back home. Every now and again I'll drive during the day.

It's not bad for a side gig to make some extra money every week.

I've had a few run ins with a couple bad passengers, but most everyone is kind.

Sounds like you're having a blast, and it's good money!

Stay safe, though!  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

How'd the puke turn out?  Any smells?  Pet odor/stain remover is usually good for that kinda stuff.

2o6

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 05, 2017, 11:12:55 AM
How'd the puke turn out?  Any smells?  Pet odor/stain remover is usually good for that kinda stuff.

Baking soda, and ammonia. I also used vinegar.

Friend told me to try peroxide. The smell is gone.

giant_mtb

Good. Smells are the worst.

FlatBlackCaddy

giant_mtb

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Lost in the wilderness since February, and that's his first post?  :lol: