GT2 RS vs Huracan Performante

Started by 68_427, June 14, 2017, 10:06:55 PM

12,000 RPM

Yea, this thing with its 1st ever aero vectoring and sub 7 ring time.... def nothing but useless eye candy
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on June 19, 2017, 09:23:03 AM
I don't need people to help me park - Or want any.  Lambo owners in general look absolutely ridiculous trying to perform basic real world driving tasks like parking your car. 

911s don't require that attention.  They are meant to actually be driven.  Lambos are meant to be looked at.

You should come to Philadelphia more often.  The Lamborghini drivers here don't need help parking. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 19, 2017, 06:24:37 AM
Your honesty is appreciated :lol:
:cheers:

Quote from: Raza  on June 19, 2017, 03:33:58 PM
You should come to Philadelphia more often.  The Lamborghini drivers here don't need help parking. 
Here either! He's bugging.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

So, you need to be rich and short to own/drive a Lambo.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: r0tor on June 19, 2017, 04:00:43 PM
This is always entertaining

https://youtu.be/cUnhifscE5U
So now The Spin is judging performance cars on hard they are to park...........  :facepalm:

FoMoJo

More like how hard they are to get into.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

Again.......  :facepalm: So lets throw away all cars that aren't shaped like a 911!  :nutty:

giant_mtb

Sometimes if I'm on trail and need to back my truck up over something tricky, opening the door and peeking outside is the best way to get good visibility. That or putting the tailgate down. :huh: :lol:

r0tor

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on June 19, 2017, 04:33:06 PM
So now The Spin is judging performance cars on hard they are to park...........  :facepalm:

panties might drop when they see the lambo... but then will get pulled right back up and laugh hysterically at you when you try to get in or park

12,000 RPM

I thought you hated watching them park. Lambo owners have you short circuiting :lol:

68_427

Guy on my other forum just took his Performante to Sonoma so here's in amateur/pro-am(?) review.

"Took the car to Sonoma yesterday (before the fires destroyed Napa and Sonoma. Well, still destroying as I type, it's only 5% contained), and had a great day with the Performante. I got up to speed very quickly, it's super fast, and well-balanced in a way I didn't think Lambo could do. I was mainly playing with the 720S, and that car is faster on the straights, it just flies. But Sears Point is a technical track with only one real straight, the rest are undulating and serpentine turns of varying radii, so whatever time the 720S gained on the straight was lost thru turns, for an even balance. Great fun dicing it up!

The Performante is a hugely significant step from the Huracan, even the UI. It still has its problems, but with just a few small changes is not only tolerable but inoffensive and even logical. For example, the 3 driving modes are so distinct from each other now wrt dash display, exhaust note, shifting pattern, comfort, cabin noise level, that I don't mind leaving Strada in the Combo mode in which the Radio or/Nav shows alongside the tach. It makes sense in a comfy mode to have all the amenities available. Sport mode should be called Ego, because it's unabashedly about tickling your senses and pushing the 12yo in you buttons. It makes lots of cool exhaust noises, pointlessly shifts down each gear as you come to a stop just so it can burble and crackle, holds onto gears far longer, and is still pretty comfortable. It's as if the Strada mode is for city driving (quiet and relaxed, crank your tunes), and Sport is for a country drive, lots of noise and pomp, but still comfortable. Then there's Corsa, in which the entire dash changes to a horizontal arc tach, and no amount of Radio/Navi button pressing will change that display, good thing. It's still usable on the road, but is made for a track.

The suspension is surprisingly adaptive, I'm guessing the much-touted magnetorheological dampers are responsible for this behavior. It really does have 3 modes from City to Country to Track, and it works on all of them. The 580 did not, it's conventionally stiffened dampers were not as well-developed, to be fair a much cheaper solution.

Also interesting is this car's Dynamic Steering. Usually I think such systems are pointless and numbing, but this one isn't. It's supposed to vary the steering feel so that on a Track the feedback is consistent, and it just works without robbing the steering of feel. The 4wd robs some feel, but adds stability, although in fast corners in which the front end gets unweighted I could feel "something funny going on" up front as the tires and electronics were trying to find traction. It didn't feel like a conventional 2wd with which I have full control over steering, and how much lock to apply, but more like what I imagine a GTR to feel like on track: turn the wheel and let the car figure it out.

I'm very impressed, and for now I'd have to say that Lamborghini seems to have hit one out of the park with the Performante. It's worlds better than the 488, and more pleasing to the ears. It certainly garners 10x the attention. The 488 Scud version had better be much better than the ho-hum Speciale if they are to compete."

Now we all know that for absolute speed the GT2 is faster, but this cars sounds very approachable and emotional.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

mzziaz

Let me ask the obvious dumb question here; don't Lambos have rear view cameras?
Cuore Sportivo

68_427

Quote from: mzziaz on October 11, 2017, 04:49:09 AM
Let me ask the obvious dumb question here; don't Lambos have rear view cameras?

It's a $6K option on the Huracan
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 68_427 on October 11, 2017, 05:01:45 AM
It's a $6K option on the Huracan
I can't tell if you're joking. Please tell me you're joking as we all know it's the same camera they give you for free on a Golf that doesn't even need it

68_427

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 11, 2017, 05:52:36 AM
I can't tell if you're joking. Please tell me you're joking as we all know it's the same camera they give you for free on a Golf that doesn't even need it

Not joking.  Parking sensors, and parking sensors + camera are both optional packages.
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Anyone mention here the GT2RS reset the 'Ring production car record?

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo