***Shot one of my dream cars today!***

Started by cawimmer430, September 26, 2017, 02:11:03 PM

cawimmer430

Say hello to Hermine. She was born in 1977 and has since covered 327,961 km and has not aged a day! Great body for her age!  :wub:

This is a W116 Mercedes-Benz S-Class which was built from 1972 to 1980. Hermine is a 280SE, which means she's got the M110 inline-6 with 175-horsepower.

I love the W116 S-Class. It's my favorite S-Class by far. One day I would like to own one (either a 280S/280SE/280SEL) but it has to be olive green. Love these cars.  :wub:

The owner also has a great condition Mercedes C180 (W202) in '36 AMG trim and a RHD UK-spec 1995 R129 SL500 as well as a 1987 Mazda 323. Interesting garage indeed!

Some more behind the scenes photos and snapshots...

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

I love those old Benz dashboards. Transports me right back into my childhood, when we had a midnight blue 300SD Turbodiesel and Benzes were reliable.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

shp4man

The owner is a left foot braker, check out the wear pattern on the pedal. Also, super clean car for the mileage, must be garaged. I can almost smell it- those old Mercedes have a certain smell to them- not a bad one.  :ohyeah:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on September 27, 2017, 08:19:53 AM
I love those old Benz dashboards. Transports me right back into my childhood, when we had a midnight blue 300SD Turbodiesel and Benzes were reliable.

The car is reliable but it has its share of issues which around these boards would be considered "major reliability issues."

The passenger-side-headlight failed during the shoot (thankfully at the end) and the A/C does not work because an essential component needs to be installed. The owner buys all the spare parts from ebay because getting them from Mercedes' costs an arm and a leg.  :praise:

But this is a car from 1977 and mostly still with original parts (according to the owner) and high mileage, so it's all good.  :cheers:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on September 27, 2017, 11:55:52 AM
The owner is a left foot braker, check out the wear pattern on the pedal. Also, super clean car for the mileage, must be garaged. I can almost smell it- those old Mercedes have a certain smell to them- not a bad one.  :ohyeah:

I didn't notice that.  :tounge:

The amazing thing about this car is the condition despite the high mileage. The exterior is stock, the interior received a makeover a few years ago.

The most addicting thing about this car was opening and closing the doors - BANKVAULT FEEL.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de