BMW To Start 8-Series Production In 2018

Started by cawimmer430, September 28, 2017, 06:10:23 AM

cawimmer430

BMW To Start 8-Series Production In 2018

BMW has confirmed that it will commence production of the long-awaited 8-Series at its factory in Dingolfing, Germany in 2018.

The new-generation 8-Series was previewed in concept form earlier this year and will initially hit the U.S. and European markets as a coupe next year. Once production and deliveries of the hardtop have ramped up, the German automaker will look to bring an 8-Series Convertible to the market in 2019, reports Auto News.

When it reaches the road, the BMW 8-Series will compete directly against the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and Cabriolet models and therefore fill a void in the brand's line-up that's existed for the last few years.

Like its four-door 7-Series sibling, the 8-Series will be offered in a range of specifications and with numerous different engines. Among the most likely engines to be sold will be a turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder and the M760Li xDrive's twin-turbocharged 6.6-liter V12. Additionally, we know that the M8 will share largely the same 600 hp, 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 as the all-new M5.

BMW has yet to say when we will see the 8-Series revealed in its completed form but we're tipping a launch at March's Geneva Motor Show.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/bmw-to-start-8-series-production-in-2018.html
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Payman

Picturing it without the vertical chrome strakes in the nostrils, but keeping the chrome surround would make it look 1000% better. V12 version of this is added to my lotto car list.

Wimmer, can you do a quick photoshop of what I described? Thx.  :cheers:

cawimmer430

Quote from: AltinD on September 28, 2017, 02:18:00 PM
Der neu 6er?

They are cancelling the 6er... so this will hardly be a 6er. Chances are it's an 8-Series... but you never know these days with all the models that are coming out.

Quote from: Rockraven on September 28, 2017, 02:30:11 PM
Picturing it without the vertical chrome strakes in the nostrils, but keeping the chrome surround would make it look 1000% better. V12 version of this is added to my lotto car list.

Wimmer, can you do a quick photoshop of what I described? Thx.  :cheers:

Is this what you had in mind? A 2-minute botched job on my part... :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Payman

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de