Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Smashes Nurburgring Record For SUVs

Started by cawimmer430, September 29, 2017, 03:02:29 AM

cawimmer430

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Smashes Nurburgring Record For SUVs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrU00xoUy8A

Lamborghini may be eyeing the Nurburgring crown for the world's fastest SUV with the Urus, but for now, Alfa Romeo has captured that title with the Stelvio Quadrifoglio.

The halo version of the Stelvio lapped the 'Green Hell' in just 7 minutes and 51.7 seconds, posting the fastest time ever for a production SUV, smashing the previous record initially held by the 542hp Range Rover Sport SVR (8:14) before losing it to the previous generation 562hp Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (7:59.74).

It also matches the best lap time for the BMW M4, although it does fall behind the world's fastest front-wheel drive model, the Honda Civic Type R (7:43.8).

"We specifically engineered and designed the Stelvio Quadrifoglio to set world-class benchmarks and it did not disappoint with a world-record Nürburgring lap time of 7 minutes and 51.7 seconds," said Reid Bigland, Head of Alfa Romeo. "We're proud to now hold two Nürburgring lap time records with the Giulia Quadrifoglio as the fastest four-door production sedan and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio as the fastest production SUV."

At the heart of the Stelvio Quadrofoglio beats a 2.9-liter twin-turbo intercooled V6 engine, producing 505 horsepower and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, that works together with the standard Q4 all-wheel-drive system allowing the SUV to hit 60mph (96km/h) in 3.9 seconds and top out at 177mph (285km/h).

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-smashes.html
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 29, 2017, 09:54:10 AM
Wow, as fast as an M4. Still a ridiculous record to chase :lol:

Regardless, the kids will never be late to school again!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Xer0

Would this car be enough for Lebowski to keep his enthusiast cred alive?

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

Quote from: Xer0 on October 03, 2017, 01:08:07 PM

Nothing can save Lebowski's street cred! He's been outed as a poor! He lives in Florida! He doesn't even have hair! He's one step away from having 1990s Dodge Caravans in various states of disrepair scattered about his front lawn.  :lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

GoCougs

Lebowski

Quote from: Xer0 on October 03, 2017, 01:08:07 PM

Too fast, too loud, looks too good, too expensive, not enough badge snobbery :lol:

Nah, fast SUVs don't really do it for me.  I'd drive it to publix in the exact same time I would a Hyundai Santa Fe.

12,000 RPM

Wow, downgrading to a Hyundai from a Honda? Did you powerbomb your credit too???

Lebowski

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 04, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

Wow, downgrading to a Hyundai from a Honda? Did you powerbomb your credit too???

Shit is in freefall down here.  Blood in the water. Lost jobs, margin calls, collection agencies calling at all hours.  Living in a USED house. That power loss, that wasn't from Irma.

Nah, haven't actually looked at the Santa Fe in person

AltinD

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 04, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

How can you downgrade from a Honda to a Hyundai or any other brand .... unless it's a Yugo or some 3rd World crap?

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Lebowski

Quote from: AltinD on October 08, 2017, 03:21:33 PM

How can you downgrade from a Honda to a Hyundai or any other brand .... unless it's a Yugo or some 3rd World crap?

I'd be open to a low mileage Yugo.

12,000 RPM