BMW X2 Loses Just About All Camo, Digital Or Otherwise

Started by cawimmer430, October 10, 2017, 12:35:11 PM

cawimmer430

BMW X2 Loses Just About All Camo, Digital Or Otherwise

Seeing the new BMW X2 almost completely undisguised has been a long time coming.

This prototype, spotted recently on a trailer, still has a little bit of tape left on the taillights, around the rear window and surrounding the kidney grille. Thankfully, there's very little of it and we can pretty much see the whole car in all its splendor.

What we're looking at appears to be more of an entry-level version, missing any sporty or stylish exterior packages as far as we can tell. We are however happy to report that the headlights are just as aggressive as those patent images from last summer indicated they would be.

Another thing worth pointing out with regards to this prototype is that even its BMW logo on the C-pillars is visible - a new and interesting trend that BMW is looking to start, one that might even make it onto other models.

The only thing we want to see now before the X2's full unveiling, are some shots of the interior, although we expect it to mirror its sister model, the X1, in that particular department.

Still, here's to hoping BMW will put the X2 in front of our eyes before the end of the year, something that's beginning to look more probable with each passing prototype spied.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/bmw-x2-loses-just-about-all-camo.html

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Did BMW partner with Mercedes? Looks an awful lot like a GLA. Not at all what I was expecting or hoping for.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

WHAT IS THE GODDAMN POINT

IT'S NOT MORE RAKISH THAN THE X1.

WHY.

Cookie Monster

That last picture reminds me of a Highlander for some reason.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 10, 2017, 12:37:21 PM
Did BMW partner with Mercedes? Looks an awful lot like a GLA. Not at all what I was expecting or hoping for.

This area does look a little GLAish, the rest of the car not really.  ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

r0tor

They seem to trying to be chasing all sorts of varients of all their models, yet the CEO made a statement they weren't spending money on manual transmissions for some cars because they needed to divert money towards their electric car and autonomous programs...

Just quit making all the damn different versions of the same thing and then suddenly they have tons of resources!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

2o6

Quote from: r0tor on October 10, 2017, 01:08:57 PM
They seem to trying to be chasing all sorts of varients of all their models, yet the CEO made a statement they weren't spending money on manual transmissions for some cars because they needed to divert money towards their electric car and autonomous programs...

Just quit making all the damn different versions of the same thing and then suddenly they have tons of resources!

As much as I don't like these cars, the initial investment of some new sheetmetal is very cheap. This will prolly cost about the same to make as the X1, but will be more expensive.

r0tor

But multiply the small investment needed to make the submodel by how many models now?  10 or more now?

93JC

I don't understand why people would buy this or the X1, or even the X3 for that matter. Small, impractical, expensive, not particularly good. Makes no sense.

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on October 10, 2017, 02:36:00 PM

I don't understand why people would buy this or the X1, or even the X3 for that matter. Small, impractical, expensive, not particularly good. Makes no sense.

The x1 is kind of nice, though. It's basically a restyled mink countryman. It also has a roomy interior for being a small car

Lebowski

12,000 RPM

I'd get the X1 over the HR-V, even at like 2x the price. But yea, CR-V is peak crossover as GTI is peak small car.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Raza

Looks like BMW wanted to make a Mazda crossover that doesn't look as good.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.