2018 Buick Regal TourX

Started by Payman, October 15, 2017, 10:04:24 AM

Payman

Quote from: Raza  on October 16, 2017, 05:12:01 AM
Plastic cladding on a Buick?

One thing I don't like about it, especially the weird bumps on top of the wheel well cladding. I wonder if it would be difficult to de-clad the wheel arches... the rocker cladding can stay.

Payman

Spec sheet for the Opel Insignia Sports Tourer wagon. Fahrzeuggewicht translates to "vehicle weight". 1487-1633 kgs converts to 3278-3600 lbs.

MrH

Are they going to sell the non-lifted, zero plastic one here or not?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Payman

Quote from: MrH on October 16, 2017, 06:38:55 AM
Are they going to sell the non-lifted, zero plastic one here or not?

Doubt it.

12,000 RPM

BC Racing will get you right, as will your local vinyl wrap company
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

These new young journalists don't know shit.

Laconian

:hesaid:

1000lbs is a massive difference. Screw those press outlets for fudging it so badly.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

veeman

This raised wagon thing looks great.  The grill and headlights combo has a modern Volvo vibe to it which is a good thing.  Everyone rags on GM for plastic cladding maybe because historically Pontiac went a little extreme with it.  Fact is GM is just copying the styling used by Subaru, Audi, and recently Mercedes (e class all terrain).  I don't think it looks great on any of them but visually it makes a raised wagon look more utilitarian and having more all terrain and all weather capability. 

How well this thing might sell here is mostly I think about how GM prices it.  It'll likely be quieter than the Subaru Outback and a bit anemic in power (just like the 4 cylinder Outbacks are).  If GM prices it in the low 30 thousands with standard options I think it'll sell well.  Buick has had a winner with the Enclave I think because they haven't been too ambitious in pricing and you get a very nice near luxury SUV for Honda Pilot money. 

12,000 RPM

V6 with 3600lbs sounds pretty good; better than the G.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

GM cars had a trend with being too heavy, but in the real world they usually get performance and economy numbers similar to the competition.

My Sonic is a good 300-400 lbs heavier than the Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio, but the economy and performance is about the same as those cars. My car also rides better than the Korean twins.

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on October 17, 2017, 09:42:28 AM
GM cars had a trend with being too heavy, but in the real world they usually get performance and economy numbers similar to the competition.

My Sonic is a good 300-400 lbs heavier than the Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio, but the economy and performance is about the same as those cars. My car also rides better than the Korean twins.

There's no way this thing is 700+ lbs heavier than an Outback.  200 lbs, ok, I could buy that.  4300+ lbs fails the reasonableness test.

Also, several other sources (Buick and Opel websites) claim a much more reasonable mid 3k lbs weight.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5