***Today's Shoot: 1969 Maserati Ghibli SS***

Started by cawimmer430, October 15, 2017, 12:39:40 PM

cawimmer430

Shot something really exotic! A 1969 Maserati Ghibli SS:mrcool:

An amazing car. I was allowed to sit in it and even depress the clutch pedal - wow, it's HEAVY AS HELL. Every gear change requires a lot of energy from your left foot. I swear the clutch feels like a brick... no wait... more like three bricks which you have to move with your left foot! What's even more amazing is that the car is being driven by an 80-year-old man! Respect!

The 5-speed manual is from ZF, but the owner has stated that it's always been slow to synchronize so you can't speed-shift here but have to gently and slowly select each gear.

The engine sound is pretty sweet. Very throaty Italian V8 sound. Check out the short video clip at the end.

Interior. The car has over 154,000 km behind it.

Maserati Registration badge: # 84/1,250.

Driver's view with that lovely bonnet!

4931cc V8 engine with an impressive (back in the day) 335-horsepower. In the second photo you can see the power-assisted steering system driveshaft.

These [day]lights are not stock, but the owner had them added because the pop-up-headlights were a bit unreliable.

VIDEO!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0CinLpU0Y
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Lovely.  Just a faint touch of patina from the looks of it.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

Awesome!  Looks really good.

I love the tire pressures listed in kg/cm^3.  So European :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

cawimmer430

One cool fact which the owner told me was that this V8 engine has 8 carburetors - one for each cylinder!  :mask:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie